Entries | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Entries

ice coverage

Record Breaker

If you don’t have proof of this - which it seems like you don’t - you shouldn’t keep repeating it as a fact.

It says, "I believe Max is replacing Jason, who is reorganizing his training."

And it is worth underlining that TSL's wording is only: "I believe ..."

Sounds as if TSL merely is trying to read between the lines -- *without* having any original reporting as to whom Max is replacing.

When TSL is trying to present something as fact (regardless of whether it has been independently confirmed elsewhere), TSL is not afraid to use more direct wording, such as in its Feb 22 tweet:
https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson/status/966771069414670337 (still no independent confirmation elsewhere, but TSL is attempting to present this tweet as fact)​

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And it is worth underlining that TSL's wording is only: "I believe ..."

Sounds as if TSL merely is trying to read between the lines -- *without* having any original reporting as to whom Max is replacing.

When TSL is trying to present something as fact (regardless of whether it has been independently confirmed elsewhere), TSL is not afraid to use more direct wording, such as in its Feb 22 tweet:
https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson/status/966771069414670337 (still no independent confirmation elsewhere, but TSL is attempting to present this tweet as fact)​

Yep I took note of the wording as well...

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Surprises for me:

LADIES
Austrian choice, I thought she is the 4th most likely to go, how wrong was I.
Williams in, this will be her only 3rd Worlds.
Shuketa-Gromova out
Lecavalier in.
Leccardi in is a huge surprise.
Kuchvalska being sent, I hope she regained some of her jumps.
No Shuran Yu.
M. Algottson out, I thought SE would choose her after disappointing Olympics for Ostlund.

I was sure they would. But seems like Matilda ended her season after Europeans. She could have competed at Nordics and Challenge cup, but? Hope she's not injuried.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Happy for H/B and Max. Also for Anna & Luca, because no V/M and S/S means increased chance for medalling at home! :hap10: Which would be marvelous way to end their career :)

russell30

Final Flight
Happy for H/B and Max. Also for Anna & Luca, because no V/M and S/S means increased chance for medalling at home! :hap10: Which would be marvelous way to end their career :)

Yes it would be a fairytale for Anna & Luca, but there will also be redemption for W/P and C/B, I say gold is locked in but the silver and bronze be very close, we must not discount S/B (Russia) they will be in the mix too! so there will be 4 or 5 teams battling for those minor medals, G/P and G/F should do well too!

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I was sure they would. But seems like Matilda ended her season after Europeans. She could have competed at Nordics and Challenge cup, but? Hope she's not injuried.
She had such a bad time at Euros. I also hope she's not injured. :/

tzazu

Medalist
So, to summarize...

Men

Yuzuru Hanyu, Shoma Uno still plan to participate
Nam Nguyen replaces Patrick Chan
Han Yan withdrawn
Jinseo Kim replaces Jun-hwan Cha
Javier Raya replaces Javier Fernandez
Jason Brown replaces Adam Rippon

Ladies

Osmond, Kostner, Medvedeva, and Zagitova still plan to participate
Mae Berenice Meite replaced by Laurine Lecavelier
[EDIT: Wakaba Higuchi assigned to Worlds. Kaori Sakamoto never assigned to Worlds.]

Pairs

Savchenko/Massot, Sui/Han, Tarasova/Morozov still plan to participate
Duhamel/Radford replaced by Ruest/Wolfe (Ilyushechkina/Moscovitch still an alternate, ouch)

Ice Dance

Papadakis/Cizeron, Shibutanis, Hubbell/Donohue still participating
Smart/Diaz replacing Hurtado/Khaliavin
Soucisse/Firus replacing Virtue/Moir
(Bobrova/Soloviev may not be there?)

It was decided before Olympics; Hurtado/Khaliavin to Olympics and Smart/Diaz to Worlds, so not replacing here:)

vavavoom

Rinkside
Does anyone know why Liubov and Dylan are listed as alternate, I was so hoping to see them in their fourth and final Worlds... Is it health related?

russell30

Final Flight
Does anyone know why Liubov and Dylan are listed as alternate, I was so hoping to see them in their fourth and final Worlds... Is it health related?

*I think it might be that they are not prepared - they might have declined - might have finished there season (and possibly careers) after Nationals

Olympic

On the Ice
Men - Three of the top 10 men from the Olympics are out - Fernandez, Chan and Rippon. I know that Yuzu is listed, but I wouldn't be surprised if he withdrew because it was reported that he was still in pain at the Olympics. But who knows. His steel resolve seems to pull him through. I'm surprised that Brezina and Bychenko are competing. I thought the Olympics was the last competition for them.

Ladies - It looks like a full slate which is strange for an Olympic year World Championships. The only big change is Wakaba Higuchi for Kaori Sakamoto but these two score-wise are pretty interchangeable. This all doesn't bode well for the US keeping 3 spots. My big question is if 31-year old Carolina will retire. I would say 'yes' but she keeps coming back and I don't recall her saying much about her future.

Pairs - D/R are out / retired but like the ladies, the entry list is a full slate.

Ice Dance - I would say this is the event most gutted by retirements / skipping - V/M, Shibs, B/S, Coomes / Buckland who are all top 10. People are talking up C/L on home turf and H/D, but one fascinating question I have is whether W/P will get politicked up the ranks due to their returns to status of CAN #1. They were in high regard prior to the return of V/M, then dropped like a rock in the rankings.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Why are Stolbova and Klimov not competing? I think we all know skaters do better at home and this might be the final skate of CL. I have to say this is one of the luckiest teams - they are good but they are very lucky to have a world title - it could have gone to numerous teams but especially Weapo who I dohope win a medal but I think we know after the French it will be Italy and the US - no room for Weapo. I wouldhate to see them once again just narrowing missing the gold or in this case bronze. hubbell and donahoe have been on the edge so I think they will get it. I would prefer from what I have seen though P/C, W/P and H/D I am not overly impressed with CLright now and I think think they are very lucky from their skill and programs to have a world title. But like the musical song from The Greatest Showman - Never Enough - people always want more.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Men - Three of the top 10 men from the Olympics are out - Fernandez, Chan and Rippon. I know that Yuzu is listed, but I wouldn't be surprised if he withdrew because it was reported that he was still in pain at the Olympics. But who knows. His steel resolve seems to pull him through. I'm surprised that Brezina and Bychenko are competing. I thought the Olympics was the last competition for them.

Ladies - It looks like a full slate which is strange for an Olympic year World Championships. The only big change is Wakaba Higuchi for Kaori Sakamoto but these two score-wise are pretty interchangeable. This all doesn't bode well for the US keeping 3 spots. My big question is if 31-year old Carolina will retire. I would say 'yes' but she keeps coming back and I don't recall her saying much about her future.

Pairs - D/R are out / retired but like the ladies, the entry list is a full slate.

Ice Dance - I would say this is the event most gutted by retirements / skipping - V/M, Shibs, B/S, Coomes / Buckland who are all top 10. People are talking up C/L on home turf and H/D, but one fascinating question I have is whether W/P will get politicked up the ranks due to their returns to status of CAN #1. They were in high regard prior to the return of V/M, then dropped like a rock in the rankings.

It makes sense that Brezina and Bychenko skate; they have nothing to lose and a huge chance to be in top ten without Javier, Patrick and Adam as their replacements most likely will be lower than them. And there is still the issue of Chen (who I think will skate since the US have run out of subs unless his minor injury and flu has sapped too much out of him) and Hanyu. Rippon and Chan had more to lose by competing so it is kind of what is best for you.

Sad about I/M they should have been prepping as well as Nam Nguyen as both Megan and Eric and Patrick had made it know it was probably their last skate at the olympics.

Now we wait to see if Mirai goes to World's - she might be a case of "Never Enough" she wants it all and she has sat waiting afterr the 2014 mess. She wants the post oly glory and world. This could leadto a big splat at worlds.

I wish someone could explain K/S's absence.