2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Free Skate

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Veronik Mallet (CAN)

Adele's Turning Tables, not a bad choice to skate to.

Wonderful 2A to start the program. Good 3S, a little wrap in the air. Alright 3Lo+2T. Nice height on the tuck on the flying sit spin. Nice attack through the footwork sequence, could have more speed. Nice 3T+2T+2Lo in the second half. Popped 2Lo. Good second 3T and a strong positions in the combo spin. Good sharpness through the choreo, into another clean 2A. Back entry into the final combo spin.

I like the highs and lows in the choreography for this program. She can work on bringing more intention behind the moves, but she's starting to get the tonal differences throughout the music. Lower difficulty on the jumps but going for the GOE, which should be relatively good on many of them. Not a lot of URs either, if there are any. Solid skate for Veronik!

Total: 170.68, FS: 113.17, TES 55.82, PCS 57.35

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Those scores are new personal bests for Veronik, incidentally, finally erasing the 2013 Nebelhorn scores that seemed frozen in place (even accounting for having missed two seasons).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
She zayak right? With doubles?

So the last 2A will be invalid

nope..... she didn't

she is allowed 2 2a, 2toes and 2loops...her repeated triples were 3t and 3lloop.. but she did a double.... which is fine.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
nope..... she didn't

she is allowed 2 2a, 2toes and 2loops...her repeated triples were 3t and 3lloop.. but she did a double.... which is fine.

Is it the 2A that skaters are allowed to repeat without penalty?

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Opened the stream and it screamed "I DREAMED A DREAM" in my ear :laugh:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well, a strong skate in front of the home crowd, she's earned that fistpump.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Viveca Lindfors (FIN)

Wonderful 3Lz+3T to start the program! Nice 3Lo, looks fine on rotation. Good height on the 3F. Good centering on the camel spin. Nice choreography to the lyrics of the music. Good 3Lz+2T and a clean 2A too. Plenty of steps in the footwork that fills the entire rink. Great 3S out of steps. A little stuck on the landing of the 2A+2T+2Lo, but a great layback spin with a good center. And great camel position on the final spin with wonderful speed.

Wow, what a great performance from Viveca! Hometown girl for the win! Brilliant choreography that's sensitive and well-matched with the phrasing of Les Miserables. She has great height on the jumps and a good landing position that really helps her sell that GOE. She could bring a bit more emotion but I think she was very focused and intentionally so. A wonderful program!

Total: 187.19, FS: 129.50, TES 69.96, PCS 59.54

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I'm watching on mute from the corner of my eye while I'm reviewing for my rehearsal -- but I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm so happy for Viveca ! ! !

Great to see her and her coach so happy. That made my morning. [emoji4]