2018 Internationaux de France Rhythm Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Rhythm Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
P/C were brillant today. Shining like stars.

I'm glad G/P avoided a disaster.

Very, very disappointed in the inability to get levels on the pattern. Everyone needs to go back to school.

I thought the final results were fair. I'd have S/K in second too.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Papadakis and cizeron did their usual he drug her around the ice and posed there was no sizzle or passion...and I agree the Americans and canadians were way underscored

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
Music: Tango: "Oblivion" by Astor Piazzolla performed by Gideon Kremer; "Primavera Porteno" by Astor Piazzolla performed by Gideon Kremer
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil, Christopher Dean, Stephane Lambiel
Costumes: One armed black tango dress for her, black pants, black sheer patterned shirt for him. He does love his sheer fabric.

Required Elements:

Well first off, that's quite the list of choreographers. So I am intrigued off the bat.

Some basic tango steps, moody sensuality school, to start and into a hop entry for the
Twizzles - done with connecting steps. Lovely and musical. Level 4 for both, 3.11
Curve Lift - in the usual squat position but at least it's a new position for her. Level 4, 1.50 goe
TR Pattern 1 - Level 1, NNYN, 2.41 goe
TR Pattern 2 - Level 4 YYYY (finally!) 2.68 goe
Tempo change and into the
ML St Seq - Level 3, 4.15 goe. My goodness. It's lovely but sorry, that's a bit high.

Well it's a moody and lovely tango. Again, Montreal, hire a real pattern dance coach. Even your world champs are getting level 1 and that's disgraceful. But it's a lovely dance I will want to watch over and over.

And yes, S/K had a better TR. But otherwise, these two are still the gold standard.

Score: 84.13

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I get why but it still kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth seeing Kaitlin and Jean-Luc sitting alone in the Kiss and Cry. :frown:

Congratulations to Gabriella and Guillaume on a wonderful season debut!

Danny T

Medalist
All my ice dance knowledge lies in looking at the TES box, but uhh, I take it the Tango Romantica is very hard? Cos I don't think I've seen anyone hit 4/4 all season long, not even P/C here :eeking:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
This dance event....

It kind of feels like the men falling all over the place.
And I wonder, is everyone just still exhausted from the Olympic season?
Because the fields are generally super weak at most GPs and yet we have a general sloppiness.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
All my ice dance knowledge lies in looking at the TES box, but uhh, I take it the Tango Romantica is very hard? Cos I don't think I've seen anyone hit 4/4 all season long :eeking:

McNamara and Carpenter have. I remember because I was amazed as well.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
All my ice dance knowledge lies in looking at the TES box, but uhh, I take it the Tango Romantica is very hard? Cos I don't think I've seen anyone hit 4/4 all season long :eeking:

It's a long and difficult pattern. Enormous amount of steps, it needs HUGE coverage to work (so there's the danger of skating too close to the boards), and it's a combo of sharp and flow. It's like the Golden Waltz of tangos. And it's tricky to pull off in terms of emotion and interpretation.

No one, no one, is coming close to Dominina and Shabalin. Watch their Olympic required pattern dance and see how it CAN be done.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Exactly. But when almost every single team he's coaching is getting Level Bs and 1s, it's time to bring in someone else. Maybe he can't teach patterns.
It’s not like patterns were a problem for Montreal skaters in previous years. The problem seems to be this pattern.

The TR is the most difficult pattern, in the general estimation.

glorybox6

Final Flight
It’s a shame that there’s no way to qualify for the GPF based on high total scores (to correct for uneven competitiveness of the fields) aside from tiebreaks. G/P have top-qualifying scores but have been in the stiffest fields. It’d be nice to see four or five spots earned through points and then the next one or two through top total or average scores, IMO.

LaArdilla

Medalist
I get why but it still kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth seeing Kaitlin and Jean-Luc sitting alone in the Kiss and Cry. :frown:

Congratulations to Gabriella and Guillaume on a wonderful season debut!
You’re right! I know they were prepping P/C who were next, but either Romain or M-F should have stayed with Kaitlin and Jean Luc

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I think P/C had our first level 4 in Tango Romantica? The second part at least.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
It's a long and difficult pattern. It's like the Golden Waltz of tangos. And no one, no one, is coming close to Dominina and Shabalin. Watch their Olympic required pattern dance and see how it CAN be done.

You are right. Their TR is legendary

s_parks

Record Breaker
I want V/M to keep competing solely to see them do all the RDs. Kind of like how I miss Chan's SS and stsq in competition(never mind his consistency...). I think I'm turning Canadian at this point; I've wished this so many times.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Quick thoughts, RD edition... Courtesy of tabsy's powerbank who is an amazing companion and a life saviour:ghug:

Which performance impressed me the most? Vikita's. This is already a full-bloodied dance which has the tension a D drama expressed in the best sense, through body expression, not only superficial gesturing and mimics. Very solid on execution and vivid on presentation quality, glad to see them getting more and more mojo.

I am just sad that Piper and Paul keep on sabotaging themselves with these levels. The program as a concept and aesthetic is by far my favourite this season. I will still bring sunflowers tomorrow and probably cry like a mad woman after they finish, no matter of levels.

And yes, TR pattern execution is quite underwhelming in person too...