Alena Kostornaia | Page 225 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

macy

Record Breaker

SkateSkates

Medalist
Okay, is Wink sponsoring Aliona? because I certainly wouldn’t mind if Aliona got some of her well deserved sponsorships and brand deals!

I think they are a sponsor of RusFed - Anna and Alina also shared their recommendations, which were posted on the federation's social media channels as well.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Aliona’s bunny was so cute in the live video today! She seemed to be in a good mood, answering questions and laughing with Anna after the workout ended.

Apparently the Moscow national team skaters will be allowed to train at the Novogorsk base in a couple of days, with testing before of course. I wonder if they will have to practice self isolation for 2 weeks before being allowed on ice or if they can go right on it?

zounger

Medalist
Apparently the Moscow national team skaters will be allowed to train at the Novogorsk base in a couple of days, with testing before of course. I wonder if they will have to practice self isolation for 2 weeks before being allowed on ice or if they can go right on it?

My guess is, they will be tested prior to Novogorsk and then on-site in Novogorsk. If the two tests are clean they can enter the Novogorsk facilities and train right away. There is no need for 2 weeks of isolation. Most likely there will be some kind of protocol on how many can train per group. Or individual training the first week and testing every day. After the first-week group training will be resumed assuming the tests are clean. This is a protocol that had been followed in other sports that I'm familiar with. I expect something similar but no 2 weeks isolation. The 2 weeks isolation probably Eteri needs to go through, except if she goes through testing like everyone else and bypasses it.

Fried

Final Flight
My guess is, they will be tested prior to Novogorsk and then on-site in Novogorsk. If the two tests are clean they can enter the Novogorsk facilities and train right away. There is no need for 2 weeks of isolation. Most likely there will be some kind of protocol on how many can train per group. Or individual training the first week and testing every day. After the first-week group training will be resumed assuming the tests are clean. This is a protocol that had been followed in other sports that I'm familiar with. I expect something similar but no 2 weeks isolation. The 2 weeks isolation probably Eteri needs to go through, except if she goes through testing like everyone else and bypasses it.
The calculation does not fit if the results of the second test on site also arrive after two weeks. If someone had tested positive, they could have infected others for two weeks. Seen in this way, a two-week isolation between the test and the test result (followed by the start of training) is inevitable. Everything else is not safe.

zounger

Medalist
The calculation does not fit if the results of the second test on site also arrive after two weeks. If someone had tested positive, they could have infected others for two weeks. Seen in this way, a two-week isolation between the test and the test result (followed by the start of training) is inevitable. Everything else is not safe.

I just stated how it was applied in known cases in other sports. 100% safeness is unreachable and no one is seeking it in that kind of activity. If someone is tested positive inside the center it's a different thing. If someone tested positive prior to entering the facilities needs to wait for 2 weeks, that's obvious I think. But ones you enter Novogorks after medical screening and two negative tests, I don't see why to wait two weeks in isolation in your room. And I'm sure that will not be the case.

Fried

Final Flight
I don't see why to wait two weeks in isolation in your room. And I'm sure that will not be the case.
Very easily. Because a test result that is only available after two weeks only confirms that someone was negative two weeks ago. It only looks different when the athlete has been isolated between the test and the test result. Without isolation, there is a possibility of getting infected between the test and the test result. The test result is not meaningful in this case.