2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 464 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Respect the perspective of your knowledge and experience, but I must have missed the context here. I might be out of step, but as a fan I elevate the quality of the competition, because the glory of title is defined by the challengers met and overcome. (Maybe I am a fan of the sport, not fanatic about personalities?)
He is joking.

^ I always figured it was the Alysa Liu fans who were against Valieva and Usacheva.
By "figured" do you mean "I know as a first hand participant"? ;)

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
How many thousands and thousands of words have been written in this thread by people who think the career of young Miss Trusova does not warrant a biography?
;-)

its because she isn't the typical princess-type
there will be discussion about if she deserves to win every time she wins
i seriously believe there should be a separate category called singles ice dance on the international level.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The skaters don't pay her, the fed does. Anna's dad has said that since she got onto the national team, they don't have to pay anything out of pocket, including coaching. It can be assumed that is the case for all national team skaters in any state school.

The coaches and the Fed get a percentage of earnings, but if their skaters don't win anything, they don't get anything. Most skaters would not be able to afford not only Eteri, but Buyanova or any other coach who has coached an Olympic champion if they had to pay out of pocket.
You are so naiv..I talked about the illegal salary. That is very common in the Russian figure skating. The amount is too high in Eteri's case.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Now the question arises, will there be a series if these books are commissioned and written so easily? Kostornaya's next?

Best no autograph sessions under the current pandemic at Rostelekom, that's my final comment on this book.
Books for sensational TT made PA skaters is a great recruiting tool! Who would have thought of that but plushie and his wife? It's actually brilliant. Whilevwe dont know if he can coach it's too soon to tell Evgeni is a great recruiter. That is not debatable.

As for any PA fans who are giving KV and Dasha a hard time in the arena shame on them. That is super Bush League. Sasha and Aliona would be embarrassed by such behaviour You are making Russian figure skating fans look bad. And the same goes for TT fans that were making snide comments about Sasha and Aliona at test skates the same thing goes for them.

Does anyone think that in America Bradie Tennell or Mariah Bell fans would be yelling nasty comments for Alysa Liu to fall? Um no.

Drink and write what you want and your private time when you go to the arena where these great athletes are performing be respectful even if you were waiting for some and not others.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Books for sensational TT made PA skaters is a great recruiting tool! Who would have thought of that but plushie and his wife? It's actually brilliant. Whilevwe dont know if he can coach it's too soon to tell Evgeni is a great recruiter. That is not debatable.

As for any PA fans who are giving KV and Dasha a hard time in the arena shame on them. That is super Bush League. Sasha and Aliona would be embarrassed by such behaviour You are making Russian figure skating fans look bad. And the same goes for TT fans that were making snide comments about Sasha and Aliona at test skates the same thing goes for them.

Does anyone think that in America Bradie Tennell or Mariah Bell fans would be yelling nasty comments for Alysa Liu to fall? Um no.

Drink and write what you want and your private time when you go to the arena where these great athletes are performing be respectful even if you were waiting for some and not others.
This is getting annoying. Where did you get this information? Please provide a source. Because I am not aware of such facts. Nobody, except Edwin :palmf:, said that there were screams and noise during the skates of Camila and Daria. You shame the people who were there in the arena for no reason at all. Everything that happened at the Cup was connected with refereeing and happened when the assessments of some men were announced and after Konstantinova. At these moments there were loud shouts towards the judges. Everyone has the opportunity to watch these events again in order to refresh their memory and not compose what was not there.

Last edited:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Because they don't know the distinction between those two terms. Note how the person you quoted outright says they don't think Trusova wrote it :)
Eh, I'm perfectly aware of the difference, thank you very much.

I mentioned young people's autobiographies because it's something not uncommon for an american public person and we have seen skaters who have written theirs at a very young age.

Sasha obviously didn't write or commision this book on herself but it's still strange that such a book is coming out at this point in her life and career.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Oh, come on! I would read her biography and I would find it really entertaining. I would read GnomGnomych’s biography if he had one released. Some people’s lives are interesting enough to have a biography, no matter their age. I would read whoever’s biography I would consider interesting, no matter the person’s age. How old do you consider old enough to have a biography anyways?
If we're talking about russian ladies, I would be much more interested in reading Zagitova's, Medvedeva's or even Sotnikova's.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Eh, I'm perfectly aware of the difference, thank you very much.
Sorry, didn't mean to point at you specifically. You said later in your post that you were aware that Sasha didn't write it herself. The person said "so many people", so it was a general guess - which still included your own post, but didn't mean you in specific. But still, thanks for the clarification.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I guess it is a fine line between an "autobiography" ghost written by a professional writer and a "biography" written by a professional writer all out in the open.
Well, I have little idea about writing standards of biographies. And I'm going to be honest, I forget the difference between biographies and autobiographies all the time, that post was partly based on personal experience. :laugh:

Last edited:
Backoutside
How many thousands and thousands of words have been written in this thread by people who think the career of young Miss Trusova does not warrant a biography?
;-)
moonkat said:
Its because she isn't the typical princess-type ...
This is a a good point. The whole notion of women athletes, never mind just figure skating, has undergone a sea change. Pretty is out, smash-mouth is in.

I remember when the women's professional golf tour had a rule that competitors were required to wear short skirts and show plenty of leg. (What is this, beach volleyball?)

Last edited:

esteticlove

Final Flight
If we're talking about russian ladies, I would be much more interested in reading Zagitova's, Medvedeva's or even Sotnikova's.
Me too. I think both Alina and Evgenia had (and still have) interesting events in their sports careers that can give enough material to write about - going over an injury in the most important season, dealing with pressure and expectations, wins and downfalls etc. They both had quite complex paths and you can definitely find some inspiring stories there, which for me would be more insightful than reading about their regular trainings and how many jumps they did in a day. I guess they have the benefit of the time, I mean they have been already long on the senior circuit (ca. 3 years) and have shown some kind of a personal development, besides their figure skating skills. Things that Sasha, but also Anna and Aliona are still lacking just because they are still new-comers. I don't find the idea for a biography that bad, however, the timing is not really right. They could have waited until the Olympics..

colormyworld240

Medalist
I have to disagree about Don Quixote, that’s quite of an unpopular opinion. I don’t think Alina was balletic at all in it. I can say many good things about Don Quixote, but not that it was “balletic”. Oksana Baiul was balletic. Johnny Weir was balletic. Jason Brown is balletic. Alina is not, and that’s not a big deal. For me, the style in which she shined the most was Cleopatra and Me voy. Until then, I never liked her programs. But I have to go with the train and agree that Adios Nonino and the other programs done mostly by Eteri are pieces of art. Even The Leftovers is quite amazing to me, as it’s one of my favorite tv series ever. And if I’m not mistaken, it was mainly created by Daniil, right? I consider it one of his masterpieces. I have to give Daniil credit when he deserves it.
We're talking about the actual choreography, which doesn't have anything to do with whether you find a skater balletic or if you like a TV show. My point was Adios Nonino was done well, but Daniil's best, Me Voy, Black Swan, and Fly/Experience top that. And DQ was done well but that had a lot of influence from an actual principal ballet dancer, so I wouldn't say that was was purely Eteri or Daniil.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
The thing with Kostornaya's backloaded programs, especially adios noniños, is that i wasn't waiting the jumps. I'm not sure if was because of the choreo or her interpretation. Probably both. Because Stella was from Danill and the same apply.
It's similar to Wakaba's la califfa who was heavy backloaded too (only 2A in 1st half. That's why she had the highest BV before Zagitova turned senior. And i'm still not over the fact that judges gave her 65pts for that at worlds).
If they had not done jumps it still would have been ok. Steps sequence wasn't there just for points.

While in DQ, i was kinda waiting the jumps (and that 2nd part was spectacular). Less in black Swan though. There was more interesting stuff in that SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.