2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 461 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
A figure skater from Ugra performed at the Russian Cup

An Ugra figure skater entered the pool of the best athletes in Russia. At last Anna Romasyuk performed at the national cup in Moscow. Having skated her short and free program, the girl took 11th place. These is onley third such start for an Ugra athlet. But this tournament became more serious for her than the previous ones.

The candidates were selected by the figure skating federations of Moscow and Russia. In addition, Anna received an invitation to the capital 10 days before the start of the competition. An additional test for the girl was the lack of spectators. Due to the restrictive measures, their number was reduced to a minimum. In the empty hall, only her mother supported Anna.

Natal'ya Kataeva, figure skating coach of the sports school: " We had no starts at all before the Russian Cup. That is, the Russian Cup is our first start at which Anna performed. And in my opinion, she performed well. She overcame herself. Because all the rivals who surrounded us at the Russian Cup were very strong and worthy. "

Will we see Anna in a second stage?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
When did she say that? I am not picking on you, just asking an honest question for I read something quite opposite, i.e. that she explained she had actually posed when the younger group was skating (kids visible in the background) as during her own ice time she trains and would not pose not to lose the training time. That's actually quite different so you made me curious.
This is so typical. According to the haters on sports.ru forum Aliona lied and that is the truth what Edwin wrote. Those skaters, persons who are hated by them are liar and never say the truth. This is the base. As I said Edwin likes that forum his menthality is came from. He likes to share blogs from there.

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I don't know what Daniil drank in olympic season, but his programs from that season are highly watchable. There is no huge miss aside maybe Tsurskaya FP. Even Trusova's programs showed her strengths and hid her weaknesses, especially in the SP.

I believe it's the first year that he was credited as solo or main choreographer on most of the programs he worked on. Before that i think he was mainly assissting Averbuk and Tutberidze. His first solo works were with Tsurkaya in junior, whom that GOT SP who was good despite the heavy pantomiming.

Maybe his brain was still fresh with good ideas. After that season i think he was given too much skaters to choreograh for, Tutberidze was doing less choreos. Then we started to see more generic programs and leg in the air in and out jumps in many programs.

He doesn't choreograph on music but at least jumps are on music on many programs.
His choreos will never have rich details between the elements like Dickson or Nichol's choreos for Miyahara (the standards in choreo for me) because he choreograph mostly for points (thus the 444 transitions per program).

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Eteri doesn't strike me as complacent, I'm sure she's looked at her options and at this time staying at Sambo is the best situation for her. it makes sense to stay with state-funded athletes; given the titles that Eteri has coached skaters to she would be quite expensive as a private coach and that might not be something many skaters can afford and if they can afford it privately they might be too demanding, ie I'm paying your salary, you work for me and I dictate how things will be.
Probably Eteri is quiet expensive for the skaters even now. She received money from the skater in her pocket every month.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
He doesn't choreograph on music but at least jumps are on music on many programs.
His choreos will never have rich details between the elements like Dickson or Nichol's choreos for Miyahara (the standards in choreo for me) because he choreograph mostly for points (thus the 444 transitions per program).
That's how your skater wins on points, concentrating the attention to the deciding marks in TES and to the decisive elements in PCS, isn't it? Figure skating isn't a beauty contest between choreographers.

Coming weekend we shall again see the stark difference between the Khrustalniy skaters and those from Sankt Peterburg.

Then in the stage after that, we will see the talented Kostornaya under imported choreography. A dream come true for all the critics and many haters of Gleikengauz' work.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
That's how your skater wins on points, concentrating the attention to the deciding marks in TES and to the decisive elements in PCS, isn't it? Figure skating isn't a beauty contest between choreographers.
I know.
Then in the stage after that, we will see the talented Kostornaya under imported choreography. A dream come true for all the critics and many haters of Gleikengauz' work.
Daniil makes better choreos than Rozanov imo. Even if Rozanov R&J got more points (because the P of PCS means politicking and is in rePutation). In wonder what was the composition score.

We will see if Shae does better with Kostornaya.

Last edited:

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight

Coming weekend we shall again see the stark difference between the Khrustalniy skaters and those from Sankt Peterburg.

I actually really enjoyed Gleikengauz when he skated his own programs (2008 russian nationals closing eyes on every jump but the choreo was actually quite pleasant).

The main issue for me is he choreographs for everybody. This isn't good. I preferred his choreography when he choreographed for 2-3 skaters compared to every single Tutberetzi program.

That been said I still liked loads of other choreographers better (even russian choreographers). I don't think choreograping over internet will give as good results (Would have liked him try to find a good russian choreographer or utilised Alexander Abt's expertise more) but I love Shae Lynn Bourne's previous work a lot so I am optimistic.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Probably Eteri is quiet expensive for the skaters even now. She received money from the skater in her pocket every month.
The skaters don't pay her, the fed does. Anna's dad has said that since she got onto the national team, they don't have to pay anything out of pocket, including coaching. It can be assumed that is the case for all national team skaters in any state school.

The coaches and the Fed get a percentage of earnings, but if their skaters don't win anything, they don't get anything. Most skaters would not be able to afford not only Eteri, but Buyanova or any other coach who has coached an Olympic champion if they had to pay out of pocket.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Yes and no. There are ways to ensure good quality transitions, lines and extensions in order to gain points (hanyu, patrick Chan, Mikhail Kolyada, Rika Kihira, Wakaba) or to have very aesthetically pleasing natural moves to tell a story (Javier fernandez etc), or to have a huge blast of complete commitment to outward performance (Kevin Aymoz and Keegan Messing).

A large quantity of *meaningless* transitions isn't the only way to win. Of course, a skater should aim for minimum crossovers and maximum transitions, bit each transition can be held out or be utilised better for the music.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yes and no. There are ways to ensure good quality transitions, lines and extensions in order to gain points (hanyu, patrick Chan, Mikhail Kolyada, Rika Kihira, Wakaba) or to have very aesthetically pleasing natural moves to tell a story (Javier fernandez etc), or to have a huge blast of complete commitment to outward performance (Kevin Aymoz and Keegan Messing).

A large quantity of *meaningless* transitions isn't the only way to win. Of course, a skater should aim for minimum crossovers and maximum transitions, bit each transition can be held out or be utilised better for the music.
The reality is that to give a score, judges don't only look at what you're doing on ice, but look as welll who you are.

Otherwise Medvedeva wouldn't have 78 PCS as PB while Miyahara has 72 PCS in the previous scoring system. Or 77 vs 71 at olympics.

Last edited:

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
The reality is that to give a score, judges don't only look at what you're doing on ice, but look as welll who you are.
Ideally this would not be the case, but inevitably this is the case in subjective sports. However, this is slowly improving (if somebody is good and undermarkrd in their first season or two, then they'll benefits from the same inflation as the top skaters the seasons afterwards).

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
How did Kostornaya end up with SLB in the first place? Plyushchenko loudly promised us the best Bolshoi choreographers, didn't he?
Then there are Ilinykh and Rozanov on his payroll, both surely capable of staging to Kostornaya's desires, if she'd expressed any?
I would also assume, through Rudkovskaya's contacts in the entertainment industry, getting good programs staged will not be a problem.

He leniently gave in to Kostornaya? To indulge her after the transition, that still has her in limbo between two systems?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
How did Kostornaya end up with SLB in the first place? Plyushchenko loudly promised us the best Bolshoi choreographers, didn't he?
Then there are Ilinykh and Rozanov on his payroll, both surely capable of staging to Kostornaya's desires, if she'd expressed any?
I would also assume, through Rudkovskaya's contacts in the entertainment industry, getting good programs staged will not be a problem.

He leniently gave in to Kostornaya? To indulge her after the transition, that still has her in limbo between two systems?
Isn't SLB supposed to be one of the best choreographers now?

She has iconic programs and good reputation.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I know, but for the real answer one probably has to ask Kostornaya herself.

It would be interesting to know if it was a conscious, calculated decision to drastically change, even 'improve' Kostornaya's choreography, or just giving in to her on Plyushchenko's part.

Magill

Record Breaker
I always felt that the trend of writing autobiographies at a young age was a north american thing... Almost every famous youtuber or influencer has one now, for example.
For skaters, it's usually after going to the Olympics, since it's supposed to be like the big goal or culmination of all those years of sacrifice and hard work.

For Sasha (I know she's not the writer and it's probably not her initiative), the timing is weird. Why not wait until after the Olympics, wouldn't it be much more interesting then? Even if she didn't win there, it would be more interesting than now, when she has yet to win a senior international gold medal.
Anyway, I hope she can stay grounded through all of this external hype.
I don't know why so many people here call it an "autobiography" or compare it to other "autobiographies". For all we know, it is not. It is a "biography". Sasha does not claim to have written it. Someone else wrote it, this book has an author who spoke to Sasha as well as her parents and other people. Apart from the fragments where Sasha is quoted directly she may not be held responsible for what it says, neither for the fact it has been published. That's the difference between a biography and an autobiography. I can write a biography of anyone I choose at any time I choose, they may cooperate with me or not but they may not stop me from writing it. They might only sue me if they think what I wrote was not true, or that there was some breach of copyrigts and other laws etc. , and then the court decides if the law was broken or not (at least that's the way it works in most countries, I don't know about Russia). Many people feel flattered when someone writes a book on them and they gladly cooperate contributing information, photos etc. Many even give their official consent and even revise the book. Still it does not make them "authors" of the book with all the responsibilities that come with it. So let's not confuse it. All these questions target the publishers of the book and they don't really concern Sasha at all.

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Ideally this would not be the case, but inevitably this is the case in subjective sports. However, this is slowly improving (if somebody is good and undermarkrd in their first season or two, then they'll benefits from the same inflation as the top skaters the seasons afterwards).
Not really an inflation when chosen newbies gets the same or better pcs than you.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I don't know why so many people here call it an "autobiography" or compare it to other "autobiographies". For all we know, it is not. It is a "biography". Sasha does not claim to have written it. Someone else wrote it, this book has an author who spoke to Sasha as well as her parents and other people. Apart from the fragments where Sasha is quoted directly she may not be held responsible for what it says, neither for the fact it has been published. That's the difference between a biography and an autobiography. I can write a biography of anyone I choose at any time I choose, they may cooperate with me or not but they may not stop me from writing it. They might only sue me if they think what I wrote was not true, or that there was some breach of copyrigts and other laws etc. , and then the court decides if the law was broken or not (at least that's the way it works in most countries, I don't know about Russia). Many people feel flattered when someone writes a book on them and they gladly cooperate contributing information, photos etc. Many even give their official consent and even revise the book. Still it does not make them "authors" of the book with all the responsibilities that come with it. So let's not confuse it. All these questions target the publishers of the book and they don't really concern Sasha at all.
According the Russian boards, it seems this author Yelena Zotova is just another tool in Rudkovskaya's PR ambitions. A 'professional' writer who can be asked to write a book about almost anything.

I've interpreted some more fragments on Trusova's page and they sound almost the same as the previous interpretations of published material I've done with Aleksandra's interviews. It is very one sided, and hardly a critical biography, but that's probably not its intended purpose.

Cash in on your reputation while still at its peak, since it is 'here today, gone tomorrow'.

Also, Zotova on her social media parrots all the bull on Trusova being misjudged and made quite a lot more unsavoury statements about Tutberidze etc without having any clue, never been to a training, showing her to be just as prejudiced as Korpii for instance.

When the book has nice photos it will sell well to its intended audience, i.e. figure skating girls, I presume.

Last edited:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I don't know why so many people here call it an "autobiography" or compare it to other "autobiographies".
Because they don't know the distinction between those two terms. Note how the person you quoted outright says they don't think Trusova wrote it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.