2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 596 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novalis

Record Breaker
In insta stories there is the schedule now for stage 5 in Russian. Someone will probably post an English version somewhere quickly, but seems like this (all times Moscow):

Ladies SP Saturday 5th December 16.15-17.45
Ladies FP Sunday 15.15-17.00
Jr. Ladies SP Monday 16.20-18.00
Jr. Ladies FP Tuesday 16.00-18.45

Does it make sense that Jr FP lasts so much longer than Jr SP?

Edit: The source is fsrussia.ru https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/2021/5etap2021_competition_schedule.pdf

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
In fskatingworld insta stories there is the schedule now for stage 5 in Russian. Someone will probably post an English version somewhere quickly, but seems like this (all times Moscow):

Ladies SP Saturday 5th December 16.15-17.45
Ladies FP Sunday 15.15-17.00
Jr. Ladies SP Monday 16.20-18.00
Jr. Ladies FP Tuesday 16.00-18.45

Does it make sense that Jr FP lasts so much longer than Jr SP?
Time for the FS can include a medal ceremony or so.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Some interviews with Alina Gorbachiova and Valeria Shulskaya.

I like Shulskaya! Can someone give a breif summary of the interview?

And...have you guys noticed Shulskaya's procedure when she goes on the ice?
She wipes her blades, checks her earrings - and then she goes... Every time the same :)

Lzbee

Final Flight
Surely stage 5 is Valieva's to lose? Kostornaia doesn't have the tech to be a threat to her at the moment and I think they'll put Valieva with a fall over Tuk? This is assuming that Tuk has three 3A and a 4T. If she doesn't have the 4T then she's going to have a hard time against Valieva who has 3A and 4T.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I find it hilarious, that they keep pretending GPF might take place this year... Like, only 4 events took place, and no one sane would sign up for this, why are they still in denial?
Because the Chinese can host a Grand Prix Final where they sweep the podium in all events?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I think Valieva probably will win Stage Five...

My thoughts.

1, Valieva - I can't see her get beaten here honestly, even with a bad skate.
2. Kostornaia - I think Rostelecom was a wake up call for Alëna. She will fight for this.
3. Tuktamysheva - She has a slim chance of beating Kostornaia again but I don't think it'll happen - unless she brings a quad!
4. Sinitsyna - I HOPE and PRAY that she is ready for competition here. But is she fit enough?
5. Tsibinova - I expect her to be here. She needs it to be at RusNats.
6. Guliakova - I wasn't impressed at Rostelecom. Can beat Tsibinova but I doubt it.
7. Tarakanova - Has potential to go higher, and she probably needs that to q for Nats.
8. Sultanmagomedova - I expect her to be here too, and she can relax as she is almost certain for Nats, but she can upset things in this stage!!

Last edited:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I think Valieva probably will win Stage Five...

My thoughts.

1, Valieva - I can't see her get beaten here honestly, even with a bad skate.
2. Kostornaia - I think Rostelecom was a wake up call for Alëna. She will fight for this.
3. Tuktamysheva - She has a slim chance of beating Kostornaia again but I don't think it'll happen - unless she brings a quad!
4. Sinitsyna - I HOPE and PRAY that she is ready for competition here. But is she fit enough?
5. Tsibinova - I expect her to be here. She needs it to be at RusNats.
6. Guliakova - I wasn't impressed at Rostelecom. Can beat Tsibinova but I doubt it.
7. Tarakanova - Has potential to go higher, and she probably needs that to q for Nats.
8. Sultanmagemedova - I expect her to be her too, and she has a great chance for RusNats and upset things!
I really hope Tarakanova can make it to Nationals! Do we know what minimum placement she needs at Stage 5?

Has anyone seen Svetlana Panova at all this season? The Snow Leopards have been very quiet so far - I wonder if Sinitsyna's absence has something to do with her coaching/training environment, besides injury.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
If Valieva tries the 3A in the short and falls, it could her behind in the short (like Trusova when she first tried it). And she doesn't have as much quads in the free to fall back on as Trusova did have, so if she makes mistakes it might be difficult. That being said, I do expect her to win, because she'd have to make a lot of mistakes and the others be perfect. Do you think she'll do a 3A in the free, too? I wonder who the first (senior) Russian lady to do a 3A and and quads in the free skate will be. I'm eager for it.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I really hope Tarakanova can make it to Nationals! Do we know what minimum placement she needs at Stage 5?

Has anyone seen Svetlana Panova at all this season? The Snow Leopards have been very quiet so far - I wonder if Sinitsyna's absence has something to do with her coaching/training environment, besides injury.
Tarakanova needs to be about 6th or 7th at Stage Five.

But if Medvedeva and/or Sinitsyna gets a free ticket to Nats, then Tarakanova needs to be higher...and it will be a tough fight between Tarakanova, Shulskaya and Konstantinova for RusNats.

Last edited:

Lzbee

Final Flight
If Valieva tries the 3A in the short and falls, it could her behind in the short (like Trusova when she first tried it). And she doesn't have as much quads in the free to fall back on as Trusova did have, so if she makes mistakes it might be difficult. That being said, I do expect her to win, because she'd have to make a lot of mistakes and the others be perfect. Do you think she'll do a 3A in the free, too? I wonder who the first (senior) Russian lady to do a 3A and and quads in the free skate will be. I'm eager for it.
She doesn't have as many quads but she has high pcs and goe which is much more reliable. Her 3A looks pretty stable so I don't see why they wouldn't add it in the FP too. Maybe it'll depend on the one in the SP. If she lands it, she'll try for another. If not, play it safe.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
She doesn't have as many quads but she has high pcs and goe which is much more reliable. Her 3A looks pretty stable so I don't see why they wouldn't add it in the FP too. Maybe it'll depend on the one in the SP. If she lands it, she'll try for another. If not, play it safe.
Agree. Like Kostornaia last year, Valieva can fall back on great GOEs and PCS, which is a huge advantage. Tech isn't everything these days, and Kostornaia proved that last season when she got an average of 9-10 more points in GOE per competition than Anna and Sasha.

silveruskate

On the Ice
Valieva can fall on the 3A and it's still 3 points as long as it's rotated, compared to 4.5 for the 2A. Take away 2 points from her 85 and it's still way higher than any other skater can achieve in this competition.

4T-2T
4T
3A
3Lo
3Lz-3T
3F-eu-3S
3Lz

If I had to predict her Olympic FS layout it would be this, and it's an amazing layout. They might try for 2 3As but I don't think she needs to take the risk. I hope she goes for it at Stage 5 because if she does, we might be watching her Olympic performance.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
If she wants it ready come Olympic time now is the time to try and go for it. Get all the nerves and kinks of doing it in competition worked out. It looked really good in the practice so I don't see any reason not to.

Besides they keep cancelling all the competitions there won't be many chances to try it out.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what the BV difference is in Sasha's planned skates and Anna's? Actually, just out of curiosity, where do Kamila, Liza, and Alena stand too?) With their current planned skates? Not what they could add or anything haha.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Does anyone know what the BV difference is in Sasha's planned skates and Anna's? Actually, just out of curiosity, where do Kamila, Liza, and Alena stand too?) With their current planned skates? Not what they could add or anything haha.
Anna's BV free skate from Stage Three 73.68
Sasha's BV free skate from Stage Four 89.82

That was the planned BV, with all level 4s of course. They both failed to reached that BV.
But with what they delivered, Anna got +16.27 in GOE and Sasha got +11.69 (9.69 really as she had 2 falls on top of that).

IMO, Sasha is reaching for the stars, but she should settle and be content with reaching the moon. THEN she will be clean AND win.

Last edited:

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Anna's BV free skate from Stage Three 73.68
Sasha's BV free skate from Stage Four 89.82

That was the planned BV, with all level 4s of course. They both failed to reached that BV.
But with what they delivered, Anna got +16.27 in GOE and Sasha got +11.69 (9.69 really as she had 2 falls on top of that).

IMO, Sasha is reaching for the stars, but she should settle and be content with reaching the moon. THEN she will be clean AND win.
Thanks! Anyone know Liza's and Kamila's (and Alena's)? That's actually closer than I thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.