2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating

mrrice

Record Breaker
Do we have any recent posts from skaters and their current training levels? As Nationals get closer, I would love to be sneaking into training sites just feel the "Vibe" of how things are going.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Ashley was definitely the right call to make for 2014. She had been clearly outskating Nagasu everywhere for 3 years in a row and was the favorite heading into Nationals. The amount of pressure on her was much more and Nagasu didn't show she could potentially score higher with her Nationals performance: the programs were too simple and her overall skating too watered down, and still having questionable jump landings.
Agreed that Wagner deserved it more. But clocking Nagasu for questionable landings while giving Chen a pass with your predictable “the judges don’t know what they’re doing” rhetoric is the gag of it all.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
As usual, you seem incapable of separating different cases. Nagasu had a bigger problem with jumps being too lacking in rotation, the technique wasn't as strong. In that 2014 LP at Nationals, both parts of the 3F+2T were under, the 3T, and the 3Lz. We could just call one of them 'q' to give benefit of the doubt, but Karen's issues in comparison are lesser, it's usually just the back part of the 3Lutz+3Toe that can be an issue (assuming accurate assessment). Mirai did a sufficiently rotated 3Lutz+3Toe only once in her whole career, barely, in 2008 when she had a tiny body. Even her 3Toe+3Toe in the SP at that Nationals was a 'q' at best. Ashley Wagner's 3-3 was totally unreliable too, but at least she was going for the harder 3-3 in the SP, and doing a 3S in the LP, and usually bringing more energy to the performances.

lutzlover

On the Ice
Anyone know when sectionals scores will be posted this week? And where we can find those when they’re posted?

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Anyone know when sectionals scores will be posted this week? And where we can find those when they’re posted?

The videos were already starting to be posted today on Peacock Premium and are scheduled through Wednesday. According to the Championship Series website, advancements will be processed on Tuesday (tomorrow), so presumably, scores/results will be posted then.

lutzlover

On the Ice
The videos were already starting to be posted today on Peacock Premium and are scheduled through Wednesday. According to the Championship Series website, advancements will be processed on Tuesday (tomorrow), so presumably, scores/results will be posted then.
Thank you!! Do you know if there is a figure skating fan zone link or do we need to have Peacock to watch?

haribobo

On the Ice
SENIOR LADIES SECTIONALS/SERIES GROUPS 1 and 2 Results (3 and 4 videos not yet posted)

GROUP 1
Calista Choi 94.46
Alena Budko 87.79
Julia Biechler 83.30
Haley Beavers 82.82
Mia Eckels 81.23
Maxine Marie Bautista 74.45
Jaclyn Cartwright 66.83
Alyssa Chan 65.60
Brenna Coonrandt 55.67
Lily Bash 53.59
Hyaat Aldahwi 39.13
Molly Bohrer 38.58

GROUP 2
Hanna Harrell 113.54
Rena Ikenishi 112.69
Finley Hawk 109.65
Gracie Gold 106.50
Alex Evans 80.01
Jill Heiner 78.80
Akane Eguchi 78.56
Sonja Hilmer 76.19
Caroline Harris 68.33
Mckenzie Edwards 64.05
Ariana Grymski 63.49

macy

Record Breaker
i didn't know Haley Beavers still was competing, good for her. Also glad to see Hanna at the top of her group and back at it. is Ting competing?

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thank you!! Do you know if there is a figure skating fan zone link or do we need to have Peacock to watch?

Yes, you have to it to watch. :)

For a few days, there was the promise that juniors would be shown on Peacock, of course I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, because no, poof-no longer there. I guess per usual USFSA is going to keep everything a secret this year.

They're still there. You have to search for it. Search for JR or Jr. and they'll come up. Just add them to your Watchlist so you can find them easily. Same for the Senior events. That's the only way I could do it.

lutzlover

On the Ice
Can someone please post the link to the actual results with placements and points? I don’t see that on Fan Zone or Peacock.

haribobo

On the Ice
We can't post them because they don't exist yet. We post what we find on the videos cause that's all we get til they get around to posting results

Skatesocs

Final Flight
As usual, you seem incapable of separating different cases. Nagasu had a bigger problem with jumps being too lacking in rotation, the technique wasn't as strong. In that 2014 LP at Nationals, both parts of the 3F+2T were under, the 3T, and the 3Lz. We could just call one of them 'q' to give benefit of the doubt, but Karen's issues in comparison are lesser, it's usually just the back part of the 3Lutz+3Toe that can be an issue (assuming accurate assessment). Mirai did a sufficiently rotated 3Lutz+3Toe only once in her whole career, barely, in 2008 when she had a tiny body. Even her 3Toe+3Toe in the SP at that Nationals was a 'q' at best. Ashley Wagner's 3-3 was totally unreliable too, but at least she was going for the harder 3-3 in the SP, and doing a 3S in the LP, and usually bringing more energy to the performances.
It doesn't really matter to provide reasons for people thinking you're only saying this because someone's your favorite :shrug: When that's the only "rebuttal" some can come up with... meh? They should at least put in as much effort as you do.
She might be your favorite,
Yes, that's the only reason :clap: You really figured it out! :cheer:Well done, congrats!

Last edited:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are the videos already up on Peacock? I’m having trouble finding any of them...
It’s weird. All 4 ladies are up, but they aren’t being shown in the skating section.

I can see them because I put them on my watch list a few days ago. That’s the only way they are currently visible.

contact peacock and tell them they haven’t been put in the skating section yet.