2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie posted the 7th best free skate score amongst the four groups. But, she only came in fourth place in her group. Does that mean she qualified for Nationals? I’m confused how this works.
Congrats to Paige for scoring the highest Senior Ladies score and Levito for being the standout in Juniors, scoring higher than any of the Senior Ladies. Alysa Liu with her Las Vegas Free Skate of 110, would have beaten all but three of these Senior Ladies skaters.
Yes. She qualified! It was the top 9 scores overall.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ting isn't on the entries for championships :(
No Ting? It's been well over a year since her injury and she's still hurt? Does anyone have any news on her? I felt she was the one with the most potential of the younger girls but this will be two years not competing. I felt like her trajectory was going to make her a contender to make the Olympic team but now it seems like she's done for yet another season.

Last edited:

Skatefan15

On the Ice
No Ting? It's been well over a year since her injury and she's still hurt? Does anyone have any news on her? I felt she was the one with the most potential of the younger girls but this will be two years not competing. I felt like her trajectory was going to make her a contender to make the Olympic team but now it seems like she's done for yet another season.
She’s posted some clips of her skating on Instagram and even posted a sneak peek of her new short this summer, so I’m also really surprised she didn’t compete. Her FS at 2019 nationals was my favorite of the entire event, but it’s really sad to think that that’s one of the last times we saw her and it was almost two years ago. She was really looking like a threat to the seniors once she moved up back then :(

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Not sure if this was answered, but is Hanna Harrell skating at Nationals?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I'm so happy that Violeta Ushakova made the cut for senior nationals! Remember when she was only 13, and she and her mom were interviewed for Inside Edition?
Is her mom still her coach?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
From this link of all entries for Nationals, here are the senior & junior entries for ladies....

Championship Ladies
Starr Andrews (Los Angeles FSC)
Mariah Bell (Rocky Mountain FSC)
Karen Chen (Peninsula SC)
Amber Glenn (Dallas FSC, Inc.)
Gracie Gold (IceWorks SC)
Hanna Harrell (The Skating Club of Boston)
Finley Hawk (ISC of Indianapolis, Inc.)
Rena Ikenishi (The SC of New York, Inc.)
Gabriella Izzo (Academy at Mitchell Johansson Method)
Pooja Kalyan (Ozark FSC)
Alysa Liu (St. Moritz ISC, Inc.)
Heidi Munger (Academy at Mitchell Johansson Method)
Emilia Murdock (The Skating Club of San Francisco, Inc)
Paige Rydberg (Broadmoor SC, Inc.)
Audrey Shin (The SC of New York, Inc.)
Bradie Tennell (Skokie Valley SC)
Lindsay Thorngren (Ice House Of New Jersey FSC)
Violeta Ushakova (The SC of New York, Inc.)

Junior Ladies
Elsa Cheng (Skokie Valley SC)
Tamnhi Huynh (Dallas FSC, Inc.)
Mia Kalin (St. Moritz ISC, Inc.)
Isabeau Levito (SC Of Southern New Jersey)
Jessica Lin (Dallas FSC, Inc.)
Maryn Pierce (Broadmoor SC, Inc.)
Abigail Ross (Wasatch FSC)
Clare Seo (Broadmoor SC, Inc.)
Kanon Smith (All Year FSC)
Kate Wang (The Skating Club of San Francisco, Inc)
Adele Zheng (DuPage FSC)
Ava Ziegler (The SC of New York, Inc.)

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I know NBC is showing live coverage of the last 2 groups of ladies at senior nationals. I don't have local channels but I have peacock. Can I still watch the event live on peacock ?

Go Amber!!!!

macy

Record Breaker
I know NBC is showing live coverage of the last 2 groups of ladies at senior nationals. I don't have local channels but I have peacock. Can I still watch the event live on peacock ?

Go Amber!!!!
yes, i think the entire event will be available live on peacock. this is also how i plan on watching.

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
yes, i think the entire event will be available live on peacock. this is also how i plan on watching.
I could have sworn I read that there will be a practice cam for Nationals available on Peacock, but now I cannot figure out where I read it! I’m hopeful there will be a practice cam, that’s Some of my favorite stuff to watch!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I could have sworn I read that there will be a practice cam for Nationals available on Peacock, but now I cannot figure out where I read it! I’m hopeful there will be a practice cam, that’s Some of my favorite stuff to watch!

IIRC(?), official practice at Nats will be available on Peacock Premium?

Caveat that the USFS event site indicates that all disciplines have one day of unofficial practice before the start of official practice.
For Ladies/Dance/Pairs, unofficial practice will be on Tue Jan 12.
For Men, unofficial practice will be on Thu Jan 14.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Mercury News reports what we already suspected, that Alysa will not be doing triple axels or quad lutzes at US Nationals. She claims to be going for seven triples and two double axels. I'm glad that we're not going to be going in with the illusion that she would be doing those ultra-C elements like what happened at the Vegas International.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Mercury News reports what we already suspected, that Alysa will not be doing triple axels or quad lutzes at US Nationals. She claims to be going for seven triples and two double axels. I'm glad that we're not going to be going in with the illusion that she would be doing those ultra-C elements like what happened at the Vegas International.

This is why I'd like to see Bradie Win! IMO, of course. I find Bradie to be the most well rounded of the Ladies if they all go clean. Fortunately, I truly admire all the medalists from last year. The REAL drama will come from the skater who ( Should it happen ) knocks one of them off the Podium.