Channel One Cup: Jump Fest | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Channel One Cup: Jump Fest

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Kostornaia with the same content almost scored the same internationally, and not in a competition inflated such as this. If she can get her jumps back, she's definitely a contender.

Up until a year ago, people thought she was unbeatable, when in fact, none of the ladies has ever been. No one managed to even equate Evgenia since she's won her titles a few seasons ago. Ladies' skating is just evolving exponentially.
Yeah but even if Aliona gets her 3As back (and I very much hope she does) Sasha and Kami (and maybe Liza) have quads on top of that. And Anna and Kami don't lose as much to her in PCS. Anna had almost caught her there last year.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
That’s all folks! May I say that, in addition to the skates of my favorites, what I’ve really enjoyed are, the expressive antics of Diva Khudaiberdieva in the KnC, and the wonderful translations provided on the spot by all of the Russian-speakers here. Thank you!

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
Still there was no surprise in SP Daniil blabbed about. I expected a 3A attempt from Anna or Daria.... :(

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yagudin asks Usacheva not to fly away anywhere
Alina or Tutberidze says that they will fly away into quads
Tutberidze says: one day...
Tutberidze says since it’s a team competition, they will only be happy when there is no failures in the entire team. It is also a check of the psychological fitness before the Olympics

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I don't think anybody hates Kamila. The only negative is change-edge on combo's and lean on jumps (which she uses rippon variation to correct). I think everybody loves her skating (and skating skills - at least I did since the first JGP).

When she has a good program, yeah.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Yeah but even if Aliona gets her 3As back (and I very much hope she does) Sasha and Kami (and maybe Liza) have quads on top of that. And Anna and Kami don't lose as much to her in PCS. Anna had almost caught her there last year.
It's hard to compare PCS when not all the girls are there. I would expect Kamila to actually overtake Anna anytime soon when she graduates to senior, simply because of her jump content alone. And Kostornaia definitely needs to show more than her 3As to guarantee a podium with so many girls and her quads, but the jumps were always going to be an issue for her anyways.

It's hard to imagine that a couple of seasons ago a girl with three 3As in her programs would be in danger of not even making the team.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
It's hard to compare PCS when not all the girls are there. I would expect Kamila to actually overtake Anna anytime soon when she graduates to senior, simply because of her jump content alone. And Kostornaia definitely needs to show more than her 3As to guarantee a podium with so many girls and her quads, but the jumps were always going to be an issue for her anyways.

It's hard to imagine that a couple of seasons ago a girl with three 3As in her programs would be in danger of not even making the team.
I'm not sure Kamila will necessarily overtake Anna - although she might - remember Anna will be going in as a third year senior and 3 time RusNat champion. Kamila will be a first year senior. And Anna's jump content is still higher.

And well no. Liza's had 3A's and is always in danger of not even making the team.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I was most impressed with Daria of the ladies to be completely honest. She looks the most mature, has the most elegant arms, really emotes and performs to the music and she has good spins, good jumps (besides the flutz) and good skating skills as well.

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
Kostornaia with the same content almost scored the same internationally, and not in a competition inflated such as this. If she can get her jumps back, she's definitely a contender.

Up until a year ago, people thought she was unbeatable, when in fact, none of the ladies has ever been. No one managed to even equate Evgenia since she's won her titles a few seasons ago. Ladies' skating is just evolving exponentially.
Kostornaia at the senior level with 16 years vs Valieva at the junior level with 14 years... yes of course, it is a great comparison... :cautious::cautious::cautious:

Valieva at age 16 will make at least 100 points in the short program. :wink::wink::wink: