2021 Worlds: Gala | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2021 Worlds: Gala

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Reading all this now—is there perhaps an archived you tube stream I could watch? Pretty please? My provider never shows the galas.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker

Merjan

On the Ice
Reading all this now—is there perhaps an archived you tube stream I could watch? Pretty please? My provider never shows the galas.
Sportschau.de, I watched the whole gala there with German comments. And the best ones again after the live stream.

Nachi

On the Ice
I think it wasn't really answered: The guy on the ice is already known by the skaters. Online he can be found as "oniceperspectives". It's not the first time he films the skaters from up close and they are okay with it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I just find out Jordan Cowan is the camera person on the rink.
Even he is so good at skating, he had a difficult time to catch Keegan and Kaori, because they are so fast:biggrin:.

General comment:
Don't forget that for Jordan, the gala was like running a marathon -- shooting/skating with skater after skater after skater ... for many, many programs in a row.​
(Not only at the gala itself, but probably at rehearsals earlier in the day too.)​
For Keegan and Kaori, the gala was merely a sprint.​

ETA:

Plus as Jordan was "running"/skating his gala marathon, his arms were holding up his camera equipment -- adding to his aerobic workout.
(His camera apparatus in Stockholm was not as ginormous as it sometimes is, but it still was some extra weight.)

(I like Kaori and Keegan. I am not trying to disrespect them.)​

I know that your comment was light-hearted and it sounds as if you are a fellow fan of Jordan, but I just do not want his fitness/stamina to be underestimated. :)

Last edited:

Ziotic

Medalist
The picture of the champions is priceless.
Thank you Nathan for taking COVID seriously. I guess the rest of them have already had it so they just didn’t care??

Amei

Record Breaker
The picture of the champions is priceless.
Thank you Nathan for taking COVID seriously. I guess the rest of them have already had it so they just didn’t care??

Just because they aren't religiously wearing a mask every second of the day doesn't mean they haven't taken the virus situation seriously, everyone on that ice had to go through multiple tests within the last week and wouldn't be on the ice with a positive test result, perhaps the rest of the skaters are simply comfortable that everyone seems to be negative and are willing to be without a mask - as long as the organizers didn't require it I don't see a reason to try and shame them for not wearing a mask, nor do I see an issue with Nathan wearing it, he feels he needs to wear it and that's fine.