2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 64 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
If Elizaveta lands the same number of triple axels, she would probably still end up behind Alysa based on PCS
Please, Liza is a reigning World silver medalist and former World Champion while Alysa is a first year international senior who hasn't as yet shown any outstanding skills in the PCS department. Liza should always have the upper hand in PCS in that constellation based on reputation alone (and reputation is a significant part of PCS judging).

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Good old google translate never disappoints :)
Go look at some “Google Translate sings:” videos on YouTube. It’s completely ridiculous :rofl:

Here is “Google Translate Sings Hamilton

I’m taking Spanish in school, and every year the teachers remind us that we’re not allowed to use Google Translate to just straight up translate our work, and that they’ll be able to tell immediately because Google Translate translates literally, instead of in context

One teacher told us a story of a student who tried to impress her by writing “(Teacher name) rocks”, but because of Google Translate, accidentally wrote “(Teacher name) is a rock.” :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Amei

Record Breaker
I dont see how this can happen, even if Alysas PCS would be higher Liza would still beat her in TES. Alysa always URs something, one or 2 jumps.

Tuktamysheva has been having issues cleanly landing her technical content as well. And Alysa will likely be politicking as US #1, Tuktamysheva is likely not going to be considered top #3 politicking for Russia

Tanya

Rinkside
I dont see how this can happen, even if Alysas PCS would be higher Liza would still beat her in TES. Alysa always URs something, one or 2 jumps.
It's possible but not certain. Maybe Elizaveta belongs in a group with Rika and Alysa, it's hard to say. They'll probably all have triple axels but who knows what else. We havent seen Alysa compete in a while and Rika has been struggling with injuries. But Elizaveta hasn't always brought a triple-triple to the free skate.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
It's possible but not certain. Maybe Elizaveta belongs in a group with Rika and Alysa, it's hard to say. They'll probably all have triple axels but who knows what else. We havent seen Alysa compete in a while and Rika has been struggling with injuries. But Elizaveta hasn't always brought a triple-triple to the free skate.
Alysa competed yesterday at the Virtual Peggy Fleming Trophy. It’s an artistic competition, with no quads allowed, but there is a definite improvement to Alysa’s skating skills and speed.

Amei

Record Breaker
Alysa competed yesterday at the Virtual Peggy Fleming Trophy. It’s an artistic competition, with no quads allowed, but there is a definite improvement to Alysa’s skating skills and speed.

Alysa looked good at the PFT, I'm curious to see if her improvements to stick around when the program adds in the quads, Trusova with limited quads looks 1 way vs. Trusova with her desired number of quads.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Elena was there at the begining of the camp, could be an injury or her parents decided to pull her out of the camp few days early for a family vacation, maybe their own schedule wouldnt have allowed for a vacation otherwise she has like 4 more years till she is even junior eligible so skipping the end of the camp at this point is probably not that big of a deal for her.

I would also really want to know whats going on with Lyuba.

It looks like Lyuba might have been on vacation in the middle of camp...

So, yeah, makes you wonder what's going on. It's been awhile since we've seen any footage of her at Team Tut. Or skating, for that matter.

dhjh811

On the Ice
Please, Liza is a reigning World silver medalist and former World Champion while Alysa is a first year international senior who hasn't as yet shown any outstanding skills in the PCS department. Liza should always have the upper hand in PCS in that constellation based on reputation alone (and reputation is a significant part of PCS judging).
to be fair, she has improved A LOT if you see her most recent performance at the Peggy Fleming trophy. I'd say that as of now, Alysa looks more polished in comparison to Liza. And I say this as someone who used to find her skating unwatchable.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It looks like Lyuba might have been on vacation in the middle of camp...

So, yeah, makes you wonder what's going on. It's been awhile since we've seen any footage of her at Team Tut. Or skating, for that matter.
That "last time" was during the half of april (15-16), when Lyuba won Mozer team Cup. Elena competed for the last time at the start of may, when the vacation of the team already started. So she (and her family) simply continued during may and took vacation now. It's not surprising that not every skater and his/her parents can afford to have that different cycle with vacation in may and camp during the summer, esp. at this subtle age. Remember that Lyuba is 12 and Elena is 9. If parents of those young girls have to take their vacation a different way, they can hardly leave their kids for so long without them. Yes, they would be in camp, but what if the injury comes, or illness. Older skater surely can be left on his own, but not girls of that age. It's not the conspiracy and makes no reason for speculations.

Last edited:

Amei

Record Breaker

Politicking is a big part as well; Alysa will have the politicking behind her, Tuktamysheva regardless of her accomplishments won't be politicked for very hard. Additionally, in terms of reputation, Tuktamysheva hasn't been saved by it in the past

Look at 2019 between Shcherbakova and Tuktamysheva - a nice duo to look at because they went to the same Challenger event and the same 2 GP events, additionally Shcherbakova and Liu have a lot in common with being a first year senior with only 1 junior year of competition but also having 2 senior National titles behind to their names. There are a lot of components of what goes into PCS (pardon the pun) and I'm not trying to open a debate about whether Shcherbakova did or did not deserve her PCS marks, but I pulled this to point out Tuktamysheva was pretty much the same skater (less not being a reigning World silver medalist) she is going into this season and "reputation" did not keep a first year senior from surpassing her in PCS marks. I'll note out that at GP America in the SP Shcherbakova had a fall on her step sequence, and at China she had edge calls on her quads and an under-rotation on 1 quad, so it's not like she was squeaky clean in the competitions.

ShcherbakovaTuktamysheva
CS Lombardia SP PCS30.6431.76
CS Lombardia FS PCS64.32 64.24
GP America SP PCS31.6930.86
GP America FS PCS67.9664.30
GP China SP PCS33.4331.86
GP China FS PCS67.8266.50

Amei

Record Breaker
That "last time" was during the half of apri (15-16)l, when Lyuba won Mozer team Cup. Elena competed for the last time at the start of may, when the vacation of the team already started. So she (and her family) simply continued during may and took vacation now. It's not surprising that not every skater and his/her parents can afford to have that different cycle with vacation in may and camp during the summer, esp. at this subtle age. Rememmber that Lyuba is 12 and Elena is 9 if parents of those young girls have to take their vacation a different way, they can hardly leave their kids for so long without them. Yes, they would be in camp, but what if the injury comes, or illness. Older skater surely can be left on his own, but not girls at that age. It's not the conspiracy and makes no reason for speculations.

And honestly the 9 year old* is a few years away from international competition; so there's some ability to take it slower with her and this gives Eteri and team more time to focus on the multiple seniors they have that will be going for the Olympic team this year.

*I disclaimer I don't follow the pre-juniors, less the random video that gets posted so I don't know if someone else at camp is of the same age as her.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
And honestly the 9 year old* is a few years away from international competition; so there's some ability to take it slower with her and this gives Eteri and team more time to focus on the multiple seniors they have that will be going for the Olympic team this year.

*I disclaimer I don't follow the pre-juniors, less the random video that gets posted so I don't know if someone else at camp is of the same age as her.
Of the skaters of similar age there were Alisa Dvoeglazhova (12) and Daria Sarymsakova (11 next month) present at camp for full legth (AFAIK). There are others who weren't, apart from those named here also Margarita Baziliuk (10). I don't see any mystery behind it.

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Politicking is a big part as well; Alysa will have the politicking behind her, Tuktamysheva regardless of her accomplishments won't be politicked for very hard.
Well, I guess we'll see how they measure up against each other at Skate Canada. I still can't imagine that Alysa in her first senior year will have any significant PCS advantage over Liza, but then again, stranger things have happened in figure skating.

Last edited:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi everyone, I am so excited for this coming Olympic season, especially the women. My dream team for the Russians is Trusova, Kostornaia, and Usacheva, though I'm positive that's not how it's going to work out.

I know this is specifically the Russian women's thread, but I do wonder about these predictions for Alysa. From everything I've seen and heard, she definitely has her triple axel back. So she'll at least be competing with a relatively stable triple axel, maxed out other triples content, and vastly improved skating skill from her year on the junior GP. (I'm ignoring the possibility of a quad lutz for now.) To me, she's about on par with Rika. Alysa may have less of an international reputation, but she's been hyped up for the last two years similarly to Kamila as the US ladies' main Olympic hope. And Rika's reputation might suffer after her second missed World podium. As far as we know, Aliona, Daria, and Kaori don't have triple axels or quads at the moment. (Of course I'm hoping all three will by the time the season starts, but right now they don't.) While they may be deserving of very high scores even without them, it's hard to see how they would beat Alysa if she lands three triple axels. If Elizaveta lands the same number of triple axels, she would probably still end up behind Alysa based on PCS and possibly suboptimal other jump content. Wakaba's 2018 Worlds performance is one of my all-time favorites, but since then she has been one of the least consistent skaters in the field. Even if she lands her triple axel(s), I would't bank on her landing all her other jumps. Just my thoughts based on how things stand right now, I think good skates would put Alysa on both podiums.
Welcome to Golden Skate. Post often.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
That "last time" was during the half of apri (15-16)l, when Lyuba won Mozer team Cup. Elena competed for the last time at the start of may, when the vacation of the team already started. So she (and her family) simply continued during may and took vacation now. It's not surprising that not every skater and his/her parents can afford to have that different cycle with vacation in may and camp during the summer, esp. at this subtle age. Remember that Lyuba is 12 and Elena is 9. If parents of those young girls have to take their vacation a different way, they can hardly leave their kids for so long without them. Yes, they would be in camp, but what if the injury comes, or illness. Older skater surely can be left on his own, but not girls of that age. It's not the conspiracy and makes no reason for speculations.

There are roughly six skaters on Team Tut in that 9-13 year old age range: Dasha Sadkova, Alisa Dvoeglazova, Lyubov Rubtsova, Daria Sarymsakova, Margarita Bazylyuk, and Elena Kostyleva.

Of those six, all but Lena and Lyuba showed up in recent photos. Lena at least showed up in a photo at the beginning of camp. So, yes, I agree that it's most likely that Lena just left early to join her parents on vacation.

Lyuba, however, hasn't been seen on ice at all for three months, it sounds, and was posting vacation photos smack in the middle of camp. She's about 12.5 years old. Like Alisa, she turns junior next season, i.e. 22/23, and she's eligible to compete at RusJrNats this season.

So, yeah, she's not at the age where you'd expect her to be absent from camp unless there's good reason for it, such as an injury or a departure from Team Tut. Inquiring about this is hardly suggesting a conspiracy.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
There are roughly six skaters on Team Tut in that 9-13 year old age range: Dasha Sadkova, Alisa Dvoeglazova, Lyubov Rubtsova, Daria Sarymsakova, Margarita Bazylyuk, and Elena Kostyleva.

Of those six, all but Lena and Lyuba showed up in recent photos. Lena at least showed up in a photo at the beginning of camp. So, yes, I agree that it's most likely that Lena just left early to join her parents on vacation.

Lyuba, however, hasn't been seen on ice at all for three months, it sounds, and was posting vacation photos smack in the middle of camp. She's about 12.5 years old. Like Alisa, she turns junior next season, i.e. 22/23, and she's eligible to compete at RusJrNats this season.

So, yeah, she's not at the age where you'd expect her to be absent from camp unless there's good reason for it, such as an injury or a departure from Team Tut. Inquiring about this is hardly suggesting a conspiracy.

Yeah thats why i was little worried for her, i originally thought maybe she picked up an injury as she still has Team Tutberidze in her IG bio and she posts a lot on there so if she had left she would have change that but a poster on reddit said that she is very active on tiktok and has posted tiktoks in a new rink so now im leaning towards a team change maybe:shrug: We will find out when the new season starts i guess.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
That's not a guarantee at all. Reputation judging is a thing. Yes. But a lot of that is based on how the national Fed itself ranks their own skaters. That's where a lot of the influence and politics comes from - a lot of that is who the federation itself is politicking FOR. Yes, Alysa is a first year international senior but judges have shown in the last couple years that they are NOT hesitant to reward first year seniors - Alina, Alena, Sasha, Anna, etc all got amazing PCS incredibly rapidly as first year international seniors. Second of all, it would be foolish to ignore Alysa's own international reputation and results. She's the reigning Junior World's bronze medalist and the reigning JGPF silver medalist. She's already proven she can beat and challenge several of Russia's best skaters. She's also a two time US national champion. That IS actually the type of first year international senior pedigree that DOES get good PCS, especially if the USFed politics for her, like Russia does for their top skaters, regardless of if they're first year seniors or not. I mean take a look at the World Team Trophy PCS. Anna's have been increasing steadily and now she's a 3x RusNat champion and reigning World Champion AND her federation backs her. Liza however she didn't get a PCS boast following her World's silver medal. In fact, she was scoring below Kaori (whom she beat at World's) and comparable to Rika (who had a watered down messy skate.) Now that's NOT to say that Alysa WILL be a PCS darling. However, there is NO indication that Liza has ever been either, even following her World's silver medal. Russia only politics for her when they have to and not to any great extent - ie. when Alena wasn't ready for Worlds or when Sasha had a disastrous short. In fact, Liza's PCS DIDN'T rise AT ALL following her World's silver to the World Team Trophy.

Last edited:

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Alysa looked good at the PFT, I'm curious to see if her improvements to stick around when the program adds in the quads, Trusova with limited quads looks 1 way vs. Trusova with her desired number of quads.
Very true. However, I don't see Alysa planning 3+ quad programs. Sasha has plenty of time with two quads to perform a beautifully artistic program.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
That "last time" was during the half of apri (15-16)l, when Lyuba won Mozer team Cup. Elena competed for the last time at the start of may, when the vacation of the team already started. So she (and her family) simply continued during may and took vacation now. It's not surprising that not every skater and his/her parents can afford to have that different cycle with vacation in may and camp during the summer, esp. at this subtle age. Remember that Lyuba is 12 and Elena is 9. If parents of those young girls have to take their vacation a different way, they can hardly leave their kids for so long without them. Yes, they would be in camp, but what if the injury comes, or illness. Older skater surely can be left on his own, but not girls of that age. It's not the conspiracy and makes no reason for speculations.
Another thing too could be that some of camp was dedicated to learning and choregraphing new programs. They might not have needed to be there for that.