2021 JGP Austria: Women's Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Austria: Women's Free Skate

icybear

Medalist
Many Russian fans do not like Plushenko and they wanted a) Levito to win, b) Sonya and Nastya performed poorly - in this case, Samodelkina would get to the final. I don't understand this.
That's dumb. Just because you dislike her coach, you're gonna wish one of your athletes to fail in favour of one from a rival country. I dont care for Plushenko neither but I am willing to put that aside because Sofia is an amazing skater.

Fluture

Record Breaker
SOFIAAA

ISABEAU

So beautiful!!!

Sorry but I‘m very happy right now. :laugh:

And honestly, idk if you could hear it on the stream but there were A LOT of people here today. No idea why but the side where I sat (not the one constantly shown on video lol) was completely full. What a difference to 2018 where I was basically alone.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
i find it sad to wish that 14 and 15 years old (ar anyone as a matter of fact) will perform poorly... that's really unfortunate
many people around us are crazy, that's life
Perhaps some are just big fans of Sonya Samodelkina

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Now I am confused—isn’t Plushenko a great Russian hero? I understand that as a coach he competes with Eteri, but surely he, himself, remains very popular.
Where were you last season, and how do I buy a time machine so I can go back to last season and move to wherever you were then?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Now I am confused—isn’t Plushenko a great Russian hero? I understand that as a coach he competes with Eteri, but surely he, himself, remains very popular.
Oh don't get me started...

I'm not sure how big of a group they are, but there are Russians who despise Plushy, utterly hate his guts. They flood Insta and post terrible comments on his posts. They accuse him of everything and anything, no matter how big or small. Honest to God there was once a brouhaha about fish he put in an artificial lake (I was like - Did he personally buy up all the fish in the shop and you didn't get any? What the Hell?)

As for the rest of the world...yikes never look up Plushy's name on Twitter...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well... i understand why people may not have liked Plushy. as a skater, even if he were a national hero... For instance, I was all kurt and no elvis back then...and i never did like plushy (sorry) and prefered Yagudin., and other skaters over him. And same with Joubert.. never liked him... but i am not going to extend it to their athletes... That I do not understand.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
It's not about Eteri. Many people (for example, me) just don't like him as a person - how he behaves, what he says, etc. A lot of people don't like his odious wife.
This is normal - I have the right (like any other person) to treat any other person negatively :) I have a legitimate right to be a misanthrope :laugh: But what I don't understand is expressing negativity - write crazy comments on Instagram etc, transfer dislike to athletes ans all this bs

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand