2021-22 Russian Nationals: General Info

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Awwwww. The wee totes!!! :love: :love: :love:

And boys but they were good! 😲

Might we be seeing them in a dozen years time...?

CaroLiza_fan

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Lol, with the music they are playing I am now feeling as if this competition were actually going down in Austria...

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I should remind that Radetzky was a czech nobleman. :biggrin:
But he went to war for Austria. ;)
And the Radetzky March is basically our secret hymn. You should see Austrians in the streets at midnight New Year's Eve. We are going crazy when they are playing it. :ROFLMAO:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Different having a ballet and stool programme behind the boards. But, it was impressive.

Feel sorry for the spectators that were not sitting directly behind them, though. They would have seen nothing!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oooh. A live singer! And 3 Pairs partnerships, one wearing plain red costumes, another wearing plain white costumes, and the third wearing plain blue costumes.

Didn't catch if the announcer said who they were. But, a few of them looked familiar.

CaroLiza_fan

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Oooh. a live singer! And 3 Pairs partnerships, one wearing red costumes, another wearing white costumes, and the third wearing blue costumes.

Didn't catch if the announcer said who they were. But, a few of them looked familiar.

CaroLiza_fan
I know the pair in blue (can't just remember the name) from junior stages of the cup. Remember them because the girl is very small.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The Russian Anthem is one of the most beautiful, imo. Almost as great as the Radetzky March. ;)

VickB

On the Ice
How meaningless was that hand picking of the starting draw ..

spoiler

The number 1 position was 17th... and had a horrible reaction in the kiss and cry...

In actuality it completely meaningless to draw numbers by hand and likely is covid super spreader event...

It qualifying in top group (usually top 3 - 6) in free skate that matters... Duh☺

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Russian Anthem is one of the most beautiful, imo. Almost as great as the Radetzky March. ;)

Yes, it is. The Russian, German, and French anthems in really do fill you with pride when you hear them. Well, they do with me, anyway.

You guys should have kept the "Kaiserhymne", instead of letting the Germans pinch it!

And then there is the pure enjoyment of the likes of the Italian and Brazilian anthems.

And that's it. Zamboni time. And the stream has ended! So, I trust a new stream will appear for the Pairs.

CaroLiza_fan

chooey

On the Ice
Country
Indonesia
New youtube stream for Pairs SP:

PavelSky

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Almost 75000 viewers :clap:

37268212.jpg

VickB

On the Ice
Just finished watching the pairs free skate.. Top half had so many Christmas themes.. Very magical day with wonderful skaters..Top 2 looked like Ballerinas vs Soldier ... the judging was spot on... Ted Barton did magnificent commentary on the pairs and his analysts of a True expert ..

Merry Christmas 🎄👏👏👏