2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
#GracieGold - "I have an ugly cry face, I know that's dumb. I was overwhelmed that I did everything I did and skating a clean short. I built a whole career of bombing shorts at Nationals. I love to train this program! It wasn't perfect-perfect."
Aw, Gracie! Don't put yourself down! What's all this nonsense about "an ugly cry face" :cautious:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
What I fear is that we may have a guest artist during every resurface from now on, a different one each day of the competition.

If I was in the arena, I’d have to visit the concession stand. Or hide in the bathroom maybe
Or just go up and pull the plug.. LOL

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
UM I'm sorry, but Amber deserved higher components??? Her spins and spread eagles and speed. Come on, now. 🤬
I don't know. Normally, sure.

I don't think higher components are warranted when everyone, including her, just wanted that performance to be over.

I'm pretty sure she knew it was over when she landed the back half of that combo going the wrong way. Took the wind our of her sails.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isabeau sounds like she has the mindset of Tara back in the day or Alysa she doesn't seem to get terrified of big moments. Of course next season when she's a favorite it might be different but i can see she doesn't shrink from pressure.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! Gracie and Kate have been the two surprises so far. I didn’t expect these two to contend for a spot in the final group. Gracie skated with so much confidence. Amazing jumps, but, the program is not that great. She skated the best she could skate. Levito is such a wonderful skater for America.

Now for the final group. After Ambers performance, Karen, Alysa and Mariah don’t need to do much.