2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What does it mean to say that Gracie does not have the TES to qualify? Thanks.
There is a technical elements score required to skate at big competitions such as Worlds and 4CCs. I believe she actually had the LP minimums but not the short. There are also minimum TES scores to compete at US Nationals. It’s not something a lot of people think about or necessarily know about as it just never comes up. Normally anyone skating in the top 6ish at Nationals will have those minimums.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
#IsabeauLevito - "I feel like it's very exciting for the moment that I'm leading, but just for the moment. I felt very comfortable. It was peaceful." SP music: "It was time to do something more 'quieter."'

Evgenia Medvedeva is her fav skater. ❤️

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
They could make an exception, she is Gracie Gold ! The 4th place finisher at 2014 olympic, she isn't anybody, she is Gracie Gold.

I wish her a redemption and an Olympic to make a perfect story of comeback like Mirai Nagasu in 2018.
You're not going to get your wish either.

frida80

Record Breaker
Why are they showing Kamila Valieva's Russian Nationals skate during the US Nationals ice resurfacing on the NBC broadcast?
Is that what their doing? I’m watching peacock. Is T&J being unbearably talkative or is it ok to watch?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Gracie was robbed at PSC, she should be in first place. It really is sad to see the USA abandon their last female figure skating star, 31 at PSC is a complete joke.

Gracie was still not her prime. There were some flat edges and awkwardness. Levito doesn't have the name (yet) that Gold has, but she was clearly much better. I also think Gold might have gotten a UR on her 3L but the combo, wow that was clean! It was great to see Gold smile again, but her program and performance weren't at a point quite yet to merit huge PCS. I'm wondering though about the wait - it's like the judges really didn't know what to do with her after she lit it up.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Gracie was robbed at PSC, she should be in first place. It really is sad to see the USA abandon their last female figure skating star, 31 at PSC is a complete joke.
I disagree. Her program leaves much to be desired. Levito has had the best performance so far. Gracie should aim to place as high as possible for selection for International events next year. She needs to skate a good free skate with as little pops as possible to make it happen.

elliana

On the Ice
I'm also watching on Peacock and wish it had commentary. I enjoy getting some education.