2023 Worlds Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Worlds Entries

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I was wondering about Yvan's specialization which I tried to research in the net but I haven't much luck about him although that he is a rank lvl 5 coach and I noticed here in this forum that I've heard something good about him and I took noticed that Nicholas Young was Edrian's previous coach last season which he made the change although that many viewers in both twitter and Instagram have took notice of Edrian's skating skills (Even Jacking Wong said that his skating skills are underrated)
Edrian was an ice dancer. His skating skills were that good even in juniors when I first noticed him.
Yvan is a wonderful coach. He was Joseph Phan's coach, and Nic Nadeau's coach.. Both were great skaters as singles. Jo moved to Orser then had knee issues and retired. Nic does pairs now. He is now the coach of the junior Canadian champion Edward Vasii and last year's junior champion Anthony Paradis. I ADORE Yvan. Edrian is in good hands with him.

Last edited:

Marirue

On the Ice
Edrian was an ice dancer. His skating skills were that good even in juniors when I first noticed him.
Yvan is a wonderful coach. He was Joseph Phan's coach, and Nic Nadeau's coach.. Both were great skaters as singles. Jo moved to Orser than had knee issues and retired. Nic does pairs now. He is now that coach of the junior Canadian champion Edward Vasii and last year's junior champion Anthony Paradis. I ADORE Yvan. Edrian is in good hands with him.
Wow sounds like Yvan is a wonderful coach I guess that he is responsible for highlighting Edrian's skating skills that everyone is gushing about lately.

Marirue

On the Ice
i am guessing Yvan is. His long time skaters always had great jumping technique.
Ah now I get it, it seems that Edrian more or less moved to Yvan this season although that the latter can't do it on his own and it won't hurt about part time training with either Raf, Ravi or Mishin for during off season (at least 2 months) since I remember Nikolaj Memola's case if only there is a sponsor for it (There is a Mishin Masterclass in Mexico this coming summer).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ah now I get it, it seems that Edrian more or less moved to Yvan this season although that the latter can't do it on his own and it won't hurt about part time training with either Raf, Ravi or Mishin for during off season (at least 2 months) since I remember Nikolaj Memola's case if only there is a sponsor for it (There is a Mishin Masterclass in Mexico this coming summer).
since Edrian didn't get his TES minimums and won't be at worlds, that will be my last post on him not to burden the thread further.
It is hard to tell what Edrian can or cannot do. Since junior times, he always had great skating skills, coming from ice dance background... He was a bit of a mini chiddy :) back then, I don't think he was with Yvan. However, Yvan's skaters have gorgeous skating skills... Look up Nicolas Nadeau LP from nationals 2017, great jumps and skills.. Or Joseph Phan as 15 year old winning juniors... Joseph developed into quite a nice skater despite injuries. H finished twice 4th at Nationals. Yvan is a great coach, able to do it all and able to train kids from the beginning up to the elite levels. Celestino represented CPA (Club de patinage artistique) Saint-Laurent in Montreal. His coach when I was following him at fist wasn't Nicholas Young but Daniel Béland. I am no expert on Edrian, just a fan... but his skating sort of stagnating during the pandemic... it was pretty hard for Canadian based athletes to train, and especially those not on the elite programs or the National team when things started opening up. The last time I saw him competing live, he did attempts a quad toe... but didn't land it... and he doesn't have a triple axel. At 24, he is getting a bit old to acquire those jumps. It's unfortunate because I feel his career was stalled by the pandemic and also, though I am happy he is now representing The Philippines as it gives us a chance to see him compete internationally, which wouldn't be possible if he still represented Canada, I wonder if this is not making things harder for him in some aspects of skating. I hope he gets enough support from his new federation to train properly and that the move to Yvan will allow him to earn minimums for worlds in Montreal next year, where he is from. At least, he does have the SP TES minimums now :) I think they are valid for a couple years if I am not mistaken.

On this note, I :slink: from the Edrian topic. I will miss him at Worlds dearly as he has been one of my faves since 2016.. yeah... junior autumn classic in Pierrefonds, Qc... long time fan of this skater with great skating skills.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I like your daughter's approach ^ ^ I am sure I'd do the same for Josefin Taljegård and Natasha McKay, had I been at EC.
If we were super fans, we would arrive in time to see EVERY FS. We did that for dance and pairs. Actually, we missed the first pair, because of a slow line getting in, which we didn't expect, but my daughter was really miffed about that.

We saw three of the four flights of the men, and I went alone to the women. I got there in time to see part of the second flight; I was aiming for the first Canadian, who was the last skater in that flight. I was lucky to get there a skater or two before my goal and see some good "bonus" performances!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Okay, I think I got everything. OP should be properly updated now.
somebody else may have mentioned this already, but with all due respect, we may need one more update for Australia in pairs. The OP says:
Pairs - Anastasia Gubanova / Hektor Giotopolous Moore​

AFIK, Hektor Moore's partner is Anastasia Golubeva. I only know this because I'm a fan of Anastasiia Gubanova and was surprised to see a Gubanova named as a pairs skater. After some Googling, I discovered that there is indeed a Russian pairs skater named Anastasia (with only one "i") Gubanova, whose partner is/was Alexei Sintsov (looks like they haven't competed in a while). So we have 2 Anastasias and 1 Anastasiia:

Anastasia Golubeva -- AUS/pairs
Anastasia Gubanova -- RUS/pairs
Anastasiia Gubanova -- GEO/women's singles

All of this is making me...er...cross i'd! :eek: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
somebody else may have mentioned this already, but with all due respect, we may need one more update for Australia in pairs. The OP says:
Pairs - Anastasia Gubanova / Hektor Giotopolous Moore​

AFIK, Hektor Moore's partner is Anastasia Golubeva. I only know this because I'm a fan of Anastasiia Gubanova and was surprised to see a Gubanova named as a pairs skater. After some Googling, I discovered that there is indeed a Russian pairs skater named Anastasia (with only one "i") Gubanova, whose partner is/was Alexei Sintsov (looks like they haven't competed in a while). So we have 2 Anastasias and 1 Anastasiia:

Anastasia Golubeva -- AUS/pairs
Anastasia Gubanova -- RUS/pairs
Anastasiia Gubanova -- GEO/women's singles

All of this is making me...er...cross i'd! :eek: :biggrin:
it's also Giotopoulos Moore, if we are correcting spelling :)

viennaskater

Medalist
Would not Georgia have acquired two spots in pairs after finishing 4th last year? If so, where are Metelkina/Parkman?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It looks like Vlasenko isn't taking part

From Hungarian Skating Federation's website (autotranslated):
But unfortunately Aleksandr Vlasenko will not be able to join us in Japan due to a health problem. Unfortunately, he is the only competitor who has achieved the minimum technical score set by the International Skating Union (ISU), so we are unable to field another competitor.
http://hunskate.hu/hirek/jegtanc/mukorcsolya-vilagbajnoksag-a-donto-a-cel-japanban