2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Men Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Men Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gary Moore!!!!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

I would recognise the handiwork of my fellow Ulsterman anywhere. ;)

And although I don't have anything against "Parisienne Walkways", it makes a change for another of his songs to be skated to.

Absolutely loved that programme. Such a pity it wasn't clean.

Ouch. Into last position. :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
...Ilia was amazing technically but please stop rewarding skaters who are weaker in PCS with high scores for no reason. He is working on his PCS scores and improving, but he is not a 44.37 PCS skater, and it is unfair to both the other skaters and him, because he will start to receive hate online (which is absolutely unacceptable) for those scores, which he has little control over, and it disincentivizes improvement. I guess I don't agree with the point differential between Ilia and Yuma/Kevin, there is just over a point of PCS difference which is... not correct lol
💯

16Olympics

On the Ice
Must be so disappointing for Adam.

Shoma was the shining star but Ilia's history making program and Yuma's comeback is going to make a great final. Kevin was stunning and Kao underwhelmed but I enjoyed it all. On to the final!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Think of me instead. And that'll make you feel sadder! :laugh:

(Not sure I would class myself as "leggy", though. But, given that I'm taller than you, you might. :p)

CaroLiza_fan
that's too easy i'm 160 cm, you like easy wins :LOL:
I told you pineapple on pizza is boss.

It gives Ilia his powers ;)
oh you my dearest barbarian, i love you as you are... :LOL:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
lunch break, i don't know if i can make it on time for the last junior pairs. love you all 😘

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Wait so the 4A does count then....? I thought it has to be in combination for the SP!?
No, it doesn’t. It could be the solo quad, as well.

Ah yes, I just checked the rules and it does count. I was confusing it with the junior women's SP rules where if they do a 3A then it has to be in combination, but that's because they have a mandated type of solo jump. Good on Ilia for making history then!

https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/rules/fsk-regulations-rules/file (page 105)

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
This was a great event with three men scoring over 100. Adam being a favorite, skating last and popping his opening jump hurts. With his deficit, he won’t make the podium unless the top three mess up and mess up badly. He could still bring it in the free.

I agree with the podium, but I think Miura should be behind Aymoz. He had the weakest performance out of all the men and the jumps - which are his bread and butter - weren’t great, either.

Last edited:

readernick

Medalist
Ilia should've been happier...he was awarded higher PCS than my child

:popcorn:...waiting for y'all to come at me~
I find them to be equal in PCS if you are speaking about Kao and Malinin. The rest of the four are a step above. (and I'm biased so in my humble opinion Shoma is at the top of the ladder). But, the judges always reward the favorites with higher PCS. Ilya ensured that PCS with his incredible 4A. Fair judging would have them tied at around 41 PCS imho. If anyone was hosed in PCS, it was Adam. He should not be only a half point above Ilya. I think there should be more PCS separation in general.

Great event though. There were things to admire about all the performances. Shoma was the highlight!

Last edited:

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Whoo hoo, Ilia!!!!:hap10: Hope he holds it together for the FS tomorrow. I see he made History again today.

Nice work from Shoma and Kagiyama as well.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I couldn't watch after all due to work. Oh my,what happened to Adam?!