2013 Worlds Men LP | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Men LP

seniorita

Record Breaker
Ten was 7 points behind Chan in sp, I thought he did enough in Lp to cover this...If Ten won, everybody would have been happy , even Chan I think..3 times worlds Champion..blah judges

At least Fernandez medaled, with Ten they saved this competition.

And Jouby lower than Aaron..

Kissx3

Final Flight
I don't get those judges. Would it have been so bad for Chan to only get *gasp* a silver medal? He's probably feeling mortified to have won like that.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Exactly. It's the judges who give the scores and determine the placement. Remember, he did land 3 quads over two programs and had a huge lead with his SP.

I remember. I remember thinking he didn't deserve an eight point lead in the short, and he certainly didn't deserve to crest to 170 here.

And that's the problem. I love Chan. I get anxious for him to do well. And he didn't. It's not a crime to skate poorly. I don't hold it against him. But this is a sport with rules. Some good, some bad. Many poorly applied. And that's the rub. So I can't even get defensive about Chan this year (well, I probably could). I just can't get behind this type of victory. And it does somewhat make me root against him. Even when I love many things about his skating.

emma

Record Breaker
I feel bad saying this, but i'm off to bed. Thanks for all the streaming links and all the comentary. I'm just too tired to say much now.

I will say this: I love Chan beyond words, and I just screamed when Ten ALMOST beat him, screamed in the sense of damn you Ten, why couldn't you just have.....then I realized, what Ten just did for Ten was amazing and my hat is off to him and so happy for him. Wow.

I'm crying now for my beloved Daisuke...mixed feelings for a lot of others, including Reynolds, which I never imagined I would be the case. I'll try to read through all of this tomorrow.....

yuki

Final Flight
Denis and Javier on the podium! :yay:

I find it somewhat amusing that even with his mistakes Yuzuru still had the highest TES of the night. He's a real fighter, so congratulations Yuzuru! :thumbsup:

evangeline

Record Breaker
What did he say, please? feed froze. Not his fault what the judges give him- but Denis Ten was astonishing.

He thanked the audience for supporting him, apologized for not skating two good programs, said that he's saving it for Sochi.

ForeverFish

Medalist
I dont think anyone does. I cant wait until the next time he competes in Europe or Asia. He will booed before his program next time I bet. Outside of Canada he has become the most controversial and unpopular top skater ever and he deserves every bit of it.

:rolleye:

I give up. Blame the skater. That'll fix everything.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I don't get those judges. Would it have been so bad for Chan to only get *gasp* a silver medal? He's probably feeling mortified to have won like that.

I doubt he is mortified. He is so egotistical I am sure he feels he deserves to win an event even with 8 falls.

ForeverFish

Medalist
This reminds me of Ashley Wagner's Nationals FS. Only I didn't think that such obscene inflation would happen on the international stage...

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Take heart, Chan haterz. By winning, he just invoked the Canadian men's Olympic curse. No way now he'll win in Sochi now.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
What did he say, please? feed froze. Not his fault what the judges give him- but Denis Ten was astonishing.

That the quads and the short program saved him. He was sorry he couldn't deliver a great program, but he hopes he's saving it for the Olys

- what can you really say, when you win like that?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Top 3 shockers

1 Chan's Fraudulent win
2 Denis Ten on the podium
3 Hanyu not on the podium

gimble

On the Ice
Tonight's judging does make me nervous about tomorrow. Here's hoping that all ladies skate well tomorrow and are judged fairly.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope it's the Olympics where Chan finally loses after another ****** LP. It would be poetic and kill the Canadians who think it's a lock that a Canadian man will finally win the Olympics.