Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars! | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

leesainva

On the Ice
Access Hollywood Live had Sharna and Charlie on today. Would imagine that part of it will be shown on Access Hollywood tonight. They both looked great, Charlie didn't look so hangdog tired as he had a couple of weeks ago. Had nice fluffy questions about their dance, DWTS, AL Miller (I think), predictable questions, predictable answers. And of course they were asked about Meryl and Maks, and their relationship, as how Kit and Billy think how hot the chemistry is between them, and how handsy they are on DWTS, and were on AHL etc. Charlie did the Charlie bark laugh/chuckle and said basically ask them, that they hae an amazing partnership and are enjoying their relationship, but... Sharna was a bit more direct. I'm sure she and Charlie are sick of this question, they must be asked about it everywhere they go. While she did not answer it head on, she did say that dance folks are affectionate and touchy-feely people, and that those not in the business might misinterpret the affection, basically. Tom Bergeron in a recent interview thought that Meryl and Maks had "such a great relationship" but that he (Tom) thought it was more like a "very sweet big bro/little sis kind of relationship". I wonder of it is somewhere in between, as I just don't see Meryl being that willing to act in a romantic way (or be willing to be so manipulated by anyone) 24/7. It is one thing to act it in a dance, just not every waking minute. Time will tell, and at some point the answer will be revealed, but probably not until DWTS is over.

Of course, having just re-read what I have written, and am thinking what the hell is wrong with me being interested in the affections/relationship of two people I do not know? Crazy how this has sucked so many of us in, as they both have shown compelling personalities that were not perhaps expected.

Edit: Aha! There is now a video of Charlie and Sharna's interview:
http://www.accesshollywood.com/charlie-white-and-sharna-burgess-dwts-domination_video_2153837

trocoloca

Rinkside
Of course, having just re-read what I have written, and am thinking what the hell is wrong with me being interested in the affections/relationship of two people I do not know? Crazy how this has sucked so many of us in, as they both have shown compelling personalities that were not perhaps expected.

You are not alone! Thank you for the recap!

tulosai

Record Breaker
You are not alone! Thank you for the recap!

Yeah I have said before and I maintain that I don't care if they are or if they aren't- either is fine, whatever- but I am INTENSELY interested in whether they are or not, like, just to know one way or the other.

I do have to say this is DECIDEDLY the most touchy feely Maks has ever been with a partner. He is touchy feely, but not to this extent. And she is hanging all over him too. It is just too bizarre to me if really nothing is going on, and if that's the case, I do think they have actively spoken about and agreed to cultivate a showmance and have 100% committed themselves to doing this, and have truly gone allllll out, at pretty much every opportunity, whenever there might be a camera on them. They have pretty much literally done everything short of actually making out. The degree to which they are all over each other is not normal, by any standard. I literally can't imagine any other pro and celeb on the show, now or ever, doing it to this degree, and in the past they haven't even when something actually was going on.

I do have to say too that if Meryl is still dating someone else, that is a very understanding guy. For me personally, even considering the touchiness of dancers, I think on some visceral level that some line has been crossed in that case, and to be honest I'd think less of her.

There ends my speculation.

I think that part of our fascination is just the emotional intensity of this experience, and its duration for us skate fans. Most of us haven't had the opportunity to see this much of Meryl and Charlie because they were training so intensely. Now we get to see them rehearse a bit every week, perform a dance that generally projects strong emotion, and react to judging in a live format. That's a lot of Meryl and Charlie, and it's also a lot of Meryl and Maks and Charlie and Sharna. We feel we're right there, almost a part of their lives, in a way that most of us outside of Canton, Michigan, have never had the chance to experience before. Not only that, but their fates are partly in our hands! We have to cast votes, which we certainly don't get to do for the Olympics. So it's natural that we've gotten caught up in their lives.

I kind of hope that Meryl and Maks are not together, because I don't think either of them is ready for something long-lasting. This is such a whirlwind situation that I'm sure their judgment is not at its most acute. But since they didn't consult with us, I guess we just have to be onlookers and see what happens. I wish all four of them the best possible outcome.

trocoloca

Rinkside
There's a new photo on Instagram of M/M. It's cute.

I agree that I really doubt Meryl would agree to do this much acting just to get votes. I also heard (god help me I went on Tumblr) that she and the BF broke up. Of course, take that for what's it worse.

leesainva

On the Ice
Yeah I have said before and I maintain that I don't care if they are or if they aren't- either is fine, whatever- but I am INTENSELY interested in whether they are or not, like, just to know one way or the other.

I do have to say this is DECIDEDLY the most touchy feely Maks has ever been with a partner. He is touchy feely, but not to this extent. And she is hanging all over him too. It is just too bizarre to me if really nothing is going on, and if that's the case, I do think they have actively spoken about and agreed to cultivate a showmance and have 100% committed themselves to doing this, and have truly gone allllll out, at pretty much every opportunity, whenever there might be a camera on them. They have pretty much literally done everything short of actually making out. The degree to which they are all over each other is not normal, by any standard. I literally can't imagine any other pro and celeb on the show, now or ever, doing it to this degree, and in the past they haven't even when something actually was going on.

I do have to say too that if Meryl is still dating someone else, that is a very understanding guy. For me personally, even considering the touchiness of dancers, I think on some visceral level that some line has been crossed in that case, and to be honest I'd think less of her.

There ends my speculation.

I so agree with you! Friends/romance/to be determined-fine, whatever works for them, but they are fascinating. And what they are now might not be what they are in two months. And Olympia, I do hope that they are waiting to see what will happen in the real world first, if there are possibilities of romance. Kind like how James has said that he and Peta are platonic right now while they are in the show.

And yeah, Maks was a huggy kind of guy with the partners that he bonded with, and you could tell that he adored, like Mel B and Kirstie Alley, and even somewhat with others, but not like this. It seems like Meryl does a lot of unconscious things with body language (for example, holding/hugging Maks' arm or hand and patting/stroking it when they are facing judges or interviewers, especially when she is nervous of sort or uncomfortable) that make me think that it is not strictly for show. She is also a 27 year old woman who I doubt is a fragile flower that can't stand up for herself-she could not have survived the ice skating grind if she were. She could have told him to cut that out if it made her uncomfortable. I don't ever remember that kind of physicality with Charlie off the ice when facing judges or the press.

I totally also agree about any boyfriend. Yeah, I would be one unhappy male if another guy was draped over my girlfriend like that. Combine it with how her eyes show her affection for Maks, yeah, I would be not be cool with it. Val would put his arm around Danica and show her affection, but it had a way different vibe.

leesainva

On the Ice
Double posting, oh well.

Olympia, I agree with you-the curtain has been lifted somewhat regarding Charlie and Meryl. We get to see some glimpses of them as real people who aren't just doing the PRspeak at yet another competition or press event. We have been finding out that they both have really nice and interesting personalities, like we hoped/assumed. IT also helps that they sure look like their DWTS experiences have, for the most part, been positive/worthwhile for them. The PRspeak is still there, but they are not hidebound by it.

tulosai

Record Breaker
There's a new photo on Instagram of M/M. It's cute.

I agree that I really doubt Meryl would agree to do this much acting just to get votes. I also heard (god help me I went on Tumblr) that she and the BF broke up. Of course, take that for what's it worse.

Link to the photo?

tulosai

Record Breaker
hahaha omg. the best part is given the dances they have I doubt it's as part of their dances... I think they are just being screwballs. It's certainly no waltz move. What is her other dance, the jive?

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
hahaha omg. the best part is given the dances they have I doubt it's as part of their dances... I think they are just being screwballs. It's certainly no waltz move. What is her other dance, the jive?

They have the Viennese waltz and the jive, but they sounded unsure about it when they gave the answer. It could be something else.
But yeah, I agree. No dance they have left would really warrant a leapfrog move except jazz, and this certainly isn't a setup for a jump over his back :think:

flickerzuns

Spectator
It's a few pages back and I'm too lazy to quote on my phone because it always goes wonky, but regarding Maks knowing about Meryl's depth perception issues... I'm pretty sure he was aware of it.

He's made a few comments that would indicate he's aware she has vision issues in the past. In one interview Meryl makes a comment about Maks being cute and he says something like "And she has bad eyesight!" There's also some paparazzi footage out there of Maks asking the paps to help guide Meryl in getting out of her parking spot. So I'm guessing he is aware of the issue and was either caught off guard by the question or maybe thrown by the phrasing.

caitie

Medalist
Maks is wearing cowboy boots. I wonder if they got a country song for their jive to go along with the American Icons theme?

KKonas

Medalist
I have interviewed Meryl & Charlie numerous times in the last 8 years and Charlie is the same positive-thinking, warm, naturally charming and good-natured guy on DWTS as he has been for all the years I’ve known him. He is not overly “touchy-feely” even off the ice but skaters do “hug” a lot. I’ve seen him with Tanith off the ice and together they do not demonstrate excessive intimacy publicly. It’s just not their style.

Meryl, on the other hand, has surprised me the most as her personality has bloomed on DWTS. She was always more reserved in public, but seeing this “touchy-feely” stuff with Maks has been an eye opener. Perhaps this “relationship” with Maks is real or Maks has somehow brought Meryl out of that reserve of self- control she usually shows in public. Guess we will have to wait and see if this relationship extends beyond DWTS.

caitie

Medalist
Meryl, on the other hand, has surprised me the most as her personality has bloomed on DWTS. She was always more reserved in public, but seeing this “touchy-feely” stuff with Maks has been an eye opener. Perhaps this “relationship” with Maks is real or Maks has somehow brought Meryl out of that reserve of self- control she usually shows in public.

Yeah, this is the interesting part to me. A lot of people saying Maks is always like this haven't followed Meryl/Charlie like we have, and we know she definitely isn't. Watching Meryl on DWTS has been really interesting in general, though. We are seeing so much more of her personality and her performances have shown a versatility I honestly wasn't expecting! This is so cheesy, but I feel like I've watched her ~bloom a bit if that makes sense.

Anyway, here's a new Team USA vid of Meryl and Maks practicing their jive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te21adNhctY&feature=youtu.be

You can see Charlie in the background of the doorway at the very end, hopefully we'll get his video soon.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Interview with Maks http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/dan...lks-meryl-davis-danica-mckellar-disadvantage/

“We never really get to hear (from) the viewers or what they thought,” he told reporters on the press line. “The way the show is constructed this time around…I wasn’t a part of this format before, this is my first time. The one day a week thing, meaning that today’s score is what’s going to decide if we make the finals. That’s a little disheartening but I would love to hear what the viewers think. Maybe I need to rethink what I do and what I’m inspired by. I draw inspiration from real things, things I can relate to. I don’t put up fluffy choreography just to please four people in the room and be satisfied with that. I want to do a little more. For the first time Meryl is giving me the opportunity to do that.”

and

“No, no, no—it’s our sense of humor,” he explains. “We were being funny. God knows I’m being funny sometimes that puts people to tears."

Gotta love him...

Also interview with him (video) http://video.ktla.com/DWTS-Pro-Maks...=ktla_entertainment&vid=25973815#.U2wRl_ldWSo