Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014

albinayjna

Rinkside
Fancam of all Korean skaters(include PRK skaters) will be upload soon in Youtube account 'heeyuhee'
(not yuku, uploaded without permission from original user).
'HeeYuHee' is now attempting to upload all senior korean skaters LP video in Asian Trophy. Watch that account later. Don't link from 'yuku' account. Please.

seabm7

Final Flight
That's her official fancafe, and I looked again in the videos section and there's no LP vids there.

I am waiting for her videos, too. My guess is the vid people are either on the flight back to Korea or just came back, so we may have to wait a little bit more for the uploads.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Fancam of all Korean skaters(include PRK skaters) will be upload soon in Youtube account 'heeyuhee'
(not yuku, uploaded without permission from original user).
'HeeYuHee' is now attempting to upload all senior korean skaters LP video in Asian Trophy. Watch that account later. Don't link from 'yuku' account. Please.

Thank you for the info. It seems like user Heeyuhee is back in Korea (back in high-speed Internet world, she said, lol) so we may see the vids soon.

Are we going to be able to see the protocols from this competition??? :frown:

the Taiwanese Fed website is down, lol. Maybe when it's back up they might put up the protocols?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
SoYoun speaking English is too cute,:love::eek:: and Thanks for the uploader and her hardwork! Can't wait:biggrin:

Yes, her actual performance might not have been good, but I don't still see how she can get lower than 50 for the PCS with a solid technical performance. And also, based on reports, the Japanese ladies received 7-8 points more than So Youn. Not really sure if that difference is right, but I guess we'll have to see until the videos come out.

I don't see why she can't get low PCS even with a solid technical performance. PCS is not about technical skill but artistry. Furthermore, there should not be a fixed PCS point range for each skater based on their prior performances or reputation, because PCS is awarded based on the artistry a skater demonstrates in the actual performance itself, not based on the artistry they have demonstrated in the past. If a skater skates badly they deserve low PCS points. It does not matter if they have received an excellent PCS score in a prior competition. PCS should not be about reputation.

Also, the fact that the Japanese ladies got higher PCS points than So Youn is also not something that strange - maybe they simply skated with better artistry than So Youn on this occasion. Linking the points they received with their nationality is bad form IMO.

jimeonji

Final Flight
^^that's how it should be. But about 95% of the time, that's not what happens. Thus, people are finding it strange that Soyoun got 47 for PCS when she had previously gotten higher PCS.

elee63

Final Flight
I don't see why she can't get low PCS even with a solid technical performance. PCS is not about technical skill but artistry. Furthermore, there should not be a fixed PCS point range for each skater based on their prior performances or reputation, because PCS is awarded based on the artistry a skater demonstrates in the actual performance itself, not based on the artistry they have demonstrated in the past. If a skater skates badly they deserve low PCS points. It does not matter if they have received an excellent PCS score in a prior competition. PCS should not be about reputation.

Also, the fact that the Japanese ladies got higher PCS points than So Youn is also not something that strange - maybe they simply skated with better artistry than So Youn on this occasion. Linking the points they received with their nationality is bad form IMO.

Completely agree with the first person who commented on this. In an all-perfect world... sadly skating doesn't work that way. Where were you last season? Also, by pointing out the Japanese skaters, they weren't saying that a KOOREAN skater would automatically deserve better (who would, that's not even logic), just that the younger Japanese skater wasn't all that much better than Park in terms of expression. Linking points with nationality is bad not just IYO but In Everyone's Opinion. I personally am just not versed in everyone's names yet

Meoima

Match Penalty
I have to say this is very weird. So Youn has gotten 55.3 PCS at Saitama. What happened to her here? Even if she had a bad skate, Her PCS should be 50 at least. :confused:

composer

On the Ice
Yes, her actual performance might not have been good, but I don't still see how she can get lower than 50 for the PCS with a solid technical performance. And also, based on reports, the Japanese ladies received 7-8 points more than So Youn. Not really sure if that difference is right, but I guess we'll have to see until the videos come out.

Those reports aren't true for Rika at least. You can see her PCS score is 50.67 under the protocols posted for SoYoun on page 12 of the thread, vs 47 or so for SoYoun.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She got nearly the same PCS at the Olympics with a very bad skate.....

I just think it was a stingy panel.