Mens SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Mens SP

london_calling

On the Ice
Finally got to see all the Men's SP (I was wiped by the 2nd warm up).

Johnny wasn't at his best but I think his program will be a lot better as the season goes on. I didn't really like his SP the first time I saw it last year but I felt the complete opposite by Nationals.

(BTW, I was laughing when he said "Go to bed Paris," in the Kiss and Cry)

jennylovskt

Medalist
It feels weird while I was watching Evan's performance and listening to the music, I was thinking about Alexander Abt. I was thinking what Abt did step by step. It seems that this music has belonged to him. Still I can see many places that showed TT's inputs. TT's choreography plus Evan's old Carmen with the terrible arm movements, that is his Bolero. I liked his energy and power, though. I'm not a fan of his costume.

I tried so hard to look for Nina's choreography in Johnny's program. All I saw was the combination of his old programs from several seasons. He was as good as before but not improving on anything. It's getting harder and harder to compete with Evan. That is my feeling.

I like Kozuka's performance. For some reason, I have seen a similarity between him and Takahashi's style. Maybe it's just me.

Over all, I agreed with the top three placement.

I haven't seen any other programs yet.

Last edited:

alekzu

Rinkside
Watched Adrians SP. The guy did really well for not being able to stand on an ice just two weeks ago. And he's improved during the summer. I liked this a whole lot better than last season. There is still hope for swedish figure skating, yay! :clap:

I am unable to watch the others program on youtube.... And I really wanted to see Johnny and Kozuka. I won't be able to watch it on TV here in Sweden (I think.... I'm not sure what eurosport is showing on monday). Ah well.... I get to see their LP on Tuesday at least. :D

Last edited:

sillylionlove

Medalist
First I want to say...way to go Universal Sports. The coverage was awesome. Everything was live and they showed the warm up and had some great audio of the skaters talking with their coaches.

Now...when I saw Kozuka skate the short...I said to myself....he's in third..I really did think his short was the best. I then said to myself, if he skates like that in the long I bet he will win and I was right. I met him last year at Skate America and he was really nice. I see great things for him in the future.

I honestly have to say that I didn't really like either of Johnny's programs. I really wish that he would pick some music that isn't so dramatically slow. But that's just my opinion.

Evan's program were pretty good as well.

And here is an FYI....a japanese man has won skate america for the past 5 years!!!!

sillylionlove

Medalist

SA.png

It's actually the last four... If Lysacek really plans to retire after Vancouver - he has got one chance left to win this thing.

that's correct. Sorry. Either Oda or Takahashi have won the past 4 years. This year is 5 years. But this year doesn't count as the past. So I will say for 5 years in a row a Japanese guy has won Skate America.

Medusa

Record Breaker
that's correct. Sorry. Either Oda or Takahashi have won the past 4 years. This year is 5 years. But this year doesn't count as the past. So I will say for 5 years in a row a Japanese guy has won Skate America.

No it's 4 years now, including this one. In 2004 Joubert won.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
First I want to say...way to go Universal Sports. The coverage was awesome. Everything was live and they showed the warm up and had some great audio of the skaters talking with their coaches.

I agree 100%:agree:

WoHoo for Universal Sports!!!.:rock: Please cover all the events:bow:
( I know it wont happen but one can dream) ;)

No it's 4 years now, including this one. In 2004 Joubert won.
Trivia question: When is the last time an American man beat a Japanese rival at Skate America?

Answer: 2003, Michael Weiss, gold, Takeshi Honda, silver. ;)

sillylionlove

Medalist
They announced repeatedly that they are covering the whole GP series.

Really, they did? I didn't hear that. And according to their website, Skate Canada is not scheduled to be on this coming weekend.

Jeez...I really stink at the counting thing!!

Last edited: