2024 World Junior Championships Men's Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2024 World Junior Championships Men's Free Skate

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
so then, you make it about the human ? I am not sure that's helping things you know :)
Just for the person's individual singing! I am sure he is a lovely person (actually I have no idea)

Anyway, back to Minkyu and Rio, two small stars in the making :hap10::jump::hap10: and Yanhao in 12 and Anthony at 15, neither of which we would have expected at the start.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gutted for Rio. I would have loved to see him win both the GP and World titles.

But, what a comeback after the SP. Climbing from 5th to 2nd. And closing the gap to Minkyu from 2.98 points to 1.44 points via winning the FS by 1.54 points.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I may be slightly disappointed to not use a bunch of James Bond puns, but I love Minkyu too and I am so glad to see him win here tonight. 🥰

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Podium Ceremony starting now

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just for the person's individual singing!
there is nothing wrong with his singing though... it's a very beautiful voice. Not the kind of music I listen to but it doesn't destroy my ears like so many things we hear during figure skating competitions.
I am sure he is a lovely person (actually I have no idea)
meh... not really an argument
Anyway, back to Minkyu and Rio, two small stars in the making :hap10::jump::hap10: and Yanhao in 12 and Anthony at 15, neither of which we would have expected at the start.
in any case, I am happy with the top two and the young promising stars.. will agree on this part of your post ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Some nice demonstrations by all three of our Medallists on their way to the podium.

Instead of an element like the other two, was Minkyu doing some sort of martial arts kata? Or maybe a haka?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Awwwwww!!!!!!!

Love the Welsh / Japanese flag mashups that a group of fans were holding up for Rio!!! :love: :love: :love:

Welsh Japanese Flag Mash-Up.jpg

CaroLiza_fan

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Overall, this event was nowhere near as splatty as I feared! There's a really good mix of older and younger juniors here. I think we'll be seeing a lot of Jaekeun, Yanhao, Anthony, Rio, and Minkyu over the next few years as they progress through juniors, and I think skaters like Adam, Edward, Francois, and Shunsuke have the really good fundamentals to be successful in seniors. I'm really happy to see so many of the men having good basic skating skills, jump technique, and performance quality. Some of the spins weren't too bad either! I think the singles event are going to be even more competitive than they already are over the next few quads. There's just so much depth in juniors and seniors right now.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Man's free is still available, thankfully, so gonna try to get through as much of it as I can before the Canadian chapter of the music right holders police shoes up.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And...here they are, the copyright police, right on time. Got to watch Vlasenko and Supatashvili.... I am going to give ISU some time to maybe get this straightened out, and gonna go watch the Russian Cup or whatever it's called. Hope they will be able to give us the competition because I want to see men and ice dance. 🧊

lady_bee

Medalist
I kinda want to see Rio skate to the Duran Duran song Rio...

It gets stuck in my head whenever I hear his name :laugh2:
Me, too:ROFLMAO:
I also think his father is good-looking:love2:. I saw him in person at Japanese National last year. He was cute and looked too young to be the father of 15-year-old boy.

Sorry for being shallow. It's 23:13 and I am drunk.
Congrats Minkyu, Rio, and Adam:clap:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They need to learn how to act at the end as if they think they have done well, even if they know they haven't. Too many of them wilt out of their final poses.
JoJo Starbuck used to tell skaters to think & act like "I MEANT to do that!"

Originally I misspelled a word and invented a new one which seems like it could be of use - MENANT

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have paid cold hard cash to watch Michael Bublé sing live in concert. He has a lovely voice and I am a fan of the Great American songbook. So there.😝

Now for skating, so pleased with Anthony for bringing it (that is, bringing what he brings, I'm not watching Anthony for jumps. In fact are there any skaters I watch only for jumps🤔) to the FS. Knowing the story behind the costume, I am beginning to love it as well.

What happened to Jacob? Sometimes he handles pressure in the FS and sometimes not. I am a bad fan, when I have slept through it and I see a skater did not do well, I do not always watch. So far just Anthony and Minkyu. I have priorities.:biggrin:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Watching the Jr Worlds's men's FS now, and I am so pleased. It is so enjoyable. Nobody can surpass Anthony Paradis in creativity and performance skills but I've seen so many great programmes in only the first two groups allready. That little guy Yanhao from New Zealand, Matthias from Finland really interpreting Carmen, the dancing steps by Haru, the really felt joy by Casper from Sweden...and it just goes on and on. The future in men's Figure Skating seems bright! As Ted says: 12 skaters still to come.