2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I really admire Popova's consistency. She's the most consistent female skater that is competing at the moment probably.

But she needs some charisma and personality. And more flow out of her jumps. And a dance coach.

^^This.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not really. Both American girls are better than all 3 Russians they sent here. The fact that Russia sent 3 girls who can't keep 3 spots is also telling they don't deserve 3 spots. yes?

Ugliness doesn't need to be at the Olympics. I can skip both Liza and Alena, and if Adelina brings her wild beast LP to the Olympics, then I don't care for her either.

I STRONGLY disagree that Gracie Gold is better than EITHER Liza or Adelina.

That is all I'm gonna bother saying in response to this.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Why is ISU allowing Worlds to be held in an ice surface that is smaller than standard size? :/

This question has been made to Skate Canada during the week and their main reasoning was they bid London to host Worlds cause they prefered a smaller but sold out venue than a big venue with half empty seats.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Not really. Both American girls are better than all 3 Russians they sent here. The fact that Russia sent 3 girls who can't keep 3 spots is also telling they don't deserve 3 spots. yes?

Ugliness doesn't need to be at the Olympics. I can skip both Liza and Alena, and if Adelina brings her wild beast LP to the Olympics, then I don't care for her either.

Very true. The Russians have been overhyped for awhile. I still remember in 2010 it being said Kim and Asada had no shot for 2014 if they choose to go for it since the Russian girls were going to take over the event for sure by then. What a joke.

Icey

Record Breaker
why was London given this event if they couldn't provide a proper size rink? Some of the skaters seem ill at ease or even intimidated by the size. Surely affects their skating. Wish I hadn't started watching until now. This hasn't been very exciting.

amc987

On the Ice
Elizaveta isn't the most expressive or lyrical skater, but I enjoy her nonetheless. You have to respect someone who fights for everything even when they aren't skating their best. She's only 16 and this is her first Worlds. She skated solidly tonight and will be back next year.

My stress level is definitely picking up for these last 2 groups. Gracie's next. As the British commentators would say, "Everyone hang on to your hats..."

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure how big Gracie's scores in the LP would be if she skated clean. She's been sloppy or just plain bad all season excluding Nationals.

jamie

On the Ice
First off I wouldn't write off the 3 spots just yet, secondly, The American girls are hardly better, Ashley is more experienced and Gracie performed better on the short, I hope both teams manage 3 spots.