Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisinka

Medalist
cylindrical said:
I'm sorry sisinka, but do you have a vendetta against Elena or something?

Ni, Sisinka is jealous. Elena is very pretty, successful... Sisnika is none of those.

sky_fly20 said:
Sisinka is a known Anti- I/K.

I never had a problem to say anyone (even Lena herself) she is a sexy girl/woman. I think that Lena is a very sexy woman. But I don’t agree with a description of vulnerable, innocent girl, I think she is not behaving like that and I gave an examples of it. I don’t like some of her photos, but I like some other photos with Lena as well, but I didn’t write about what I prefer, I responded to her description only.

My critics goes in direction of Lena and Nikita’s dancing, their choreo, I don’t care about their off ice life, I only answered some questions about it, but I didn’t start it.
If many people critise dancers for not great dancing etc. …are you going to say all of them that they are jealous to some of dancers?

Yes, Lena is very pretty and successful, I fully agree…as to my life…you know nothing…but if you wanted to believe my words (which you certainly don’t want), I find myself not so pretty like Lena is, but to my surprise many people say the opposite (they are strange), as to second thing…I am more successful.

To cylindrical: what exactly from what I wrote here do you take like vendetta…but exactly please.
And did you read my last paragraph?
...Overall I think that all Morozov, Nikita and Lena in any order made some mistakes in their professsional relationship (starting with the fact that their relationships is not professional at all). And I think that it is wrong to punish Lena only, but I also think that it is not right to make a vulnerable, innocent angel from her. Also I don’t think that Morozov only or Nikita only are those “bad guys“. They all worked together for three years and it took them to this moment…

…if I say that all three have their portion of fault in this situation….that is a vendetta against Lena?

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
And in a situation like Lena & Morozov, I can only put the blame on him & the Russian federation. She was only just 17 when they moved to train with him, he is in a huge position of power over her - any coach with a shred of professional standards or even just basic morals would never allow that relationship to happen. Everyone joked when they moved, oh watch out, Elena will be Mrs Morozov number 4, but why on earth would anyone send a teenager thousands of miles away to work with a coach about whom that kind of joke seems realistic?

And in the case of Morozov, the fact that he has already been married and divorced several times is a matter of public record.

It's not like some of the other rumours from the other thread where people were speculating about skating relationships that have not been publicly confirmed.

In this case it is out there in the record and in print about his previous marriages/divorces.

cylindrical

Rinkside
Sorry sisinta, it just seemed like you went a bit overboard there with all the 'evidence' showing her to be the antithesis of a "vulnerable and innocent girl". Though if that's how dedicated you are to showing that, then I applaud you.

%uhh, you make a really good point about the pressure on women to act strong and sexy, especially if they're as well-known to the public as Elena. And I still think sleazy Morozov took advantage of her.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Oh, so I guess we have a real insider in our midst, sisinka? Can you shed some real light as to what is going on between i/k? Will they really split them up? Does this really mean that Elena's career is now essentially over at 19?

sisinka

Medalist
Oh, so I guess we have a real insider in our midst, sisinka? Can you shed some real light as to what is going on between i/k? Will they really split them up? Does this really mean that Elena's career is now essentially over at 19?

The news about a split were shocking for me, it was really top secret for almost everybody until that article came from nowhere. But Nikita was never open minded as to important things and Lena sometimes uses many multiple meanings that it is hard to make some 100% excerpt of what is really happening - it can be so...or it can be different, and nobody of us was at trainings to see on ice relationship after Olympics, so overall nothing didn't lead to any real alarm. After publishing the article some things could be seen in different light by return, but too late to avoid this situation.

I know some surroundings of Russian skating and I have some feedback from Russian waters, but this doesn’t mean that Piseev and Nagornykh are saying to me what they will do, they are not saying to anyone and if…they can change it in any moment.

Will they really split them up?

This is not precise…they want to split, Federation doesn’t want to split them. I can believe that the main power came from Nikita. But notice that until this time Lena also didn’t made any official announcement about how much shocked is she. While Nikita was seen with Khoklova and there were rumours about a tryout past seasons, Lena told the press that it is his decision what he will do in his free time. Now, she is quiet. Why, if she was shocked like everybody else? So, she didn’t know about it, but she also could know about it because they decided with Nikita that it will be better for them…right now it is fifty fifty.

Rumours going around, real truth…the final decision is made by Russian Federation. Skaters can say one thing, coaches another, but it is Russian Federation who is a sponsor of their skaters and they decide who will skate with and where and with what coach...so nobody will know until Russian Federation will announce it officially. Sometimes opinions of skaters are taken into account, sometimes not…it all depends on many things.

In my eyes right now this is a decision of Lena, Nikita, Morozov and Russian Federation and then a group around a lady and man who they can skate with if they really persist on splitting.

Talking abour their future…it is in their hands. If Lena wants to continue, Russian Federation will help her to find partner for sure (and still it is not a 100% sure that they will not persuade Nikita to stay with her, they already did it in past seasons). I also don’t see a reason why should Lena finish with skating. She is really very young.

From life and skating experience a “split thing“ never starts in one day and a couple split in next day. Such big problems which can lead into a split exists many months and even a years. And always both of them know about a problems between them. Sometimes couples are forced to split (by coach or Federation), but it happens to younger and not well-known partners, I&K are definitely NOT in position when somebody from Federation would like to split them. On the contrary there were always many people persuading them to stay together and it was always Lena or Nikita who wanted to split. Thanks to their results at Olympics everybody forgot about previous problems in couple, and obviously it was a mistake, thanks to it many people probably didn’t notice than something is happening again and that it is serious even more than any time before.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Hmmm. Thanks for your insight. Looking at them I see two people at very different places in their lives. Nikity is a lovely skater and so is Lena but I sense they NEED very different things in life. Their paths do not merge. Lena in some aspects seems much more mature, assertive and determined while also being somewhat emotional and fragile. She has not coped well with the psychological stress that has been fostered on them. Nikity seems to have coped better with this but he has consistency issues too often. He sometimes comes across also as too laid back. It their personalities were switched they may have been ideal for each other. My ideal would be if they need to split split them, but each is too talented to be left without a partner. Or as Lena was such a strong singles skater might she go back to that and maybe skate for her home country?

Or as Lena was such a strong singles skater might she go back to that and maybe skate for her home country?

I thought Russia was looking very strong on the up and coming single skaters (ladies) front....as in there's been discussion that they have enough good girls that potentially they don't have enough spots for them all to compete for Russia... If that talk has any shred of reality, wouldn't they do better to keep her in ice dance? Or is that discipline going to be just as strong in the future for them?

elif

Medalist
Sisinka is a known Anti- I/K

I'm thinking sisinka could be Zhulin. There is no other explanation for writing pages and pages about every little mistake Ilinykh ever did but overlooking Bobrova's horrible birds free dance. :laugh:

bramweld

Record Breaker
I thought Russia was looking very strong on the up and coming single skaters (ladies) front....as in there's been discussion that they have enough good girls that potentially they don't have enough spots for them all to compete for Russia... If that talk has any shred of reality, wouldn't they do better to keep her in ice dance? Or is that discipline going to be just as strong in the future for them?

I didn't mean Russia, she was born in Kazhakstan (spelling).

nguyhm

On the Ice
AGREED!

Like, he's nearly double her age! We mightn't bat an eyelid if, say, he was 58 and she was 40. But they're not. He's knocking on the door of 40, and she's barely left her teens.

And then there's his track record...

Every time I think of Elena and Nikolai, I cringe.

So, I prefer to think of Elena and Nikita in happier times. And these photos of them never fail but make me smile:

http://s018.radikal.ru/i516/1201/47/31bd532884e2.jpg
http://s002.radikal.ru/i199/1201/3f/b685d166b0ed.jpg

I am just so sorry that it looks like ending the way it is. :cry:

CaroLiza_fan

Oh my God, looking at those pictures then picture her with Morozov just gives me the creep. It's just so so wrong. Someone needs to put this guy away. Where are her parents???? It's just wrong in all levels. No excuses!

olayolay

On the Ice
Oh my God, looking at those pictures then picture her with Morozov just gives me the creep. It's just so so wrong. Someone needs to put this guy away. Where are her parents???? It's just wrong in all levels. No excuses!

Her mom approves. :s

sisinka

Medalist
I'm thinking sisinka could be Zhulin. There is no other explanation for writing pages and pages about every little mistake Ilinykh ever did but overlooking Bobrova's horrible birds free dance. :laugh:

:thumbsup: Funny, but no, thanks. Zhulin has his own seeing of figure skating, for example he doesn’t like C&L because of weak technique, but I think that they improved and will keep improving and I find them a good couple.

I think that Birds were a great idea with bad change for classical music, which was so fast that it leaded to many mistakes. And in moment when a couple finally found suitable costumes and skated the program without mistakes (Russian Nationals), they were forced to change it and came to last season’s FD. Another thing is overall expression, if a couple doesn‘t believe in idea of program, than it is hard to fully express the story as it should be – I always felt that they could go for more, they skated last year’s FD twice better in expression than Birds. If you look at way how Domnina skated Birds (with original music), it was great. The music helped a lot and the whole idea was perfect and perfectly matched. And yes, Domnina is one of the best dancers in the world. But of course those two falls in Cup of Russia and Grand Prix Final were terrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d358Xbu9wt0

Every little mistake? A fall in twizzles, one whole element out at Worlds, fall in lift, no fight after a mistake….you call it a little mistake? Getting levels for not properly executed elements? As to postures, leg extension – that is one of ice dancing basics – try to ask some ice dance coach who remember old judging system, if those things are “just a little mistake“. Not to be able to express different music or dynamic music and still persist on the same style, having timing issues. Don’t ask me what would some dance coaches told their dancers if they skated in this way. Do you think that Zueva, Tarasova, Linichuk or Zhulin would have Olympic champions in ice dance if they would excuse such things saying: “It is just a little mistake.“???

Barb

Record Breaker
If Elena was or is in a relationship with Morozov she is not intellignt at all, I mean, even if she only is looking for sex, why Morozov?, there are a lot of men.

sisinka

Medalist
Hmmm. Thanks for your insight. Looking at them I see two people at very different places in their lives. Nikity is a lovely skater and so is Lena but I sense they NEED very different things in life. Their paths do not merge. Lena in some aspects seems much more mature, assertive and determined while also being somewhat emotional and fragile. She has not coped well with the psychological stress that has been fostered on them. Nikity seems to have coped better with this but he has consistency issues too often. He sometimes comes across also as too laid back. It their personalities were switched they may have been ideal for each other. My ideal would be if they need to split split them, but each is too talented to be left without a partner. Or as Lena was such a strong singles skater might she go back to that and maybe skate for her home country?

I agree with most of it! :thumbsup:

Alba

Record Breaker
I think discussing her parents here - and how they handle their own child - is way out of our business.
This is a discussion about Nikita, Elena and Morozov. I think we should leave the parents out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.