Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1102 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
If in the same show you have 2 skaters with the same song, will they allow both?

I never thought about that because it‘s never happened before, or just I never heard of something like that. Especially with shows, there are million of songs and everyone chooses one because of their own personal reasons. What‘s the chance that two skaters choose the same music at the same time? Not particularly high. But I guess it makes sense that the producers of a show wouldn‘t want it, it could be boring or weird for the audience. I don’t know if it’s outright forbidden but probably it’s not exactly encouraged either. I guess you‘re right, she‘ll probably not do it.

melgirl25

Medalist
From my experience with skating shows (smaller scale) you always have to submit your music first to the show director. If I were producing a show, I would want to know what the skaters were doing, not just have them show up and assume that there weren't 2 or 3 skaters using the same music. So my question, is had she not told the producers what her plans were or was this exhibition planned for the season coming up.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
But the other skater could not be skating to it in Japan. Still it will look like she was the one who “copied” because she had not announced it beforehand, even though she intended to skate to it in FOI.

Maybe that’s why she posted something about Copycat - a parody for the situation she finds herself in. These are all speculations, of course.

When will the test skates be again? The off season can’t be done sooner.

melgirl25

Medalist
But the other skater could not be skating to it in Japan. Still it will look like she was the one who “copied” because she had not announced it beforehand, even though she intended to skate to it in FOI.

Maybe that’s why she posted something about Copycat - a parody for the situation she finds herself in. These are all speculations, of course.

When will the test skates be again? The off season can’t be done sooner.

Right. Skaters usually announce their exhibitions for the competitive season and not as much for shows like FOI. Although there were hints about her 7 rings ex for SOI right?

I still don't think its a big deal if she does Bad Guys for FOI and Alina does this ex for her competitive season. Okay will try for this to be my last post about this. :laugh:

I am excited we get to see her skate again - no matter to what music!

bubblecherry

Final Flight
In my opinion, it's really not worth it to keep discussing the drama... and especially being hateful torwards another skater that has no choice in what she skates to...

Watch

Final Flight

I mean let's be honest, most things in this video are either fairly standard choreographic elements or moves that are popular in this group. Neither of the girls has been choreographing for herself or even had much say in what they were skating to. These are things that were up to their coach and choreographer. And the interviews bits are also all super common things pretty much every skater says.

Scott512

Record Breaker
In my opinion, it's really not worth it to keep discussing the drama... and especially being hateful torwards another skater that has no choice in what she skates to...

Agreed.

When the next season starts it will be about a year-and-a-half since Zhenya started with Brian and that's the time frame he put on it for her to get her highest level with him. The question now is how much better than Evgenia be this coming season then she was last season? My guess is 20% plus better.

jhcorb01

Rinkside
Jeff Buttle is on his way to Japan...do we know if he'll be working with any of Evgenia's shows? I'm so hoping he's the choreographer for Zhenya's FS.

NoviceFan

Medalist
I would love that too.

It actually didn‘t look like a real flutz here, more like a flat to slightly inside edge. That’s what most girls at Worlds 2019 in the top ten had. If she could somehow get back to that old technique while keeping the flow in and out of the jump she has now, she could actually include two lutzes in her programs. Should we talk about layouts or is it too early? I need a distraction from all the drama. She could put the 3F+2T+2T in the second half of the program, it will increase BV a bit. And if she can, she could do a 2Lo on the end. But only if it‘s stable, or otherwise the low GOE might not make it worth it. Of course, if she added the 4S, it would be worth it even with a fall and UR. She could be doing three combos then. Something like this:

3Lz
3S+3Lo
2A
FCSp4
ChSq1
3Lo
2A+3Tx
3F+2T+2Lox
3Fx
FCCoSp4
StSq4
CCoSp4

If the Salchow doesn‘t work out. BV: 63.61

4S<
2A+3Lo
3F+Eu+3S
FCSp4
ChSq1
3Lz
2A+3Tx
3Fx
3Lox
FCCoSp4
StSq4
CCoSp4

With the Salchow. I included an UR on the quad because it‘s likely she won‘t land it the first few attempts. BV: 67.55

So, the difference here is obvious. A quad can do a lot, because it allows you to attempt three 3-3 combinations. I think Zhenya could do a beautiful +Eu+3S combination. I chose the flip because it seemed like the easiest jump for her to put that combo on. I don‘t think we‘ll see a layout like that any time soon. It will likely take some time to develop the quad first, then the Euler combo. But I was just thinking about what might be possible in the lead up to Beijing. If she stays healthy of course.

https://skatingscores.com/bv/

I used this to work out the BV. I‘m sorry if I did something wrongly, Maths isn‘t my strength.

I appreciate this. Thanks for putting it together.

I hope she drops the 3-2-2 combo, or at least makes one a 2lo. I’d love a +Eu+3S combination.

If Evgenia could go back to that old 3Lutz entry, maybe she can do 3Lutz-3loop. Her edge there looks as good as most of the other top ladies’. Last season, her 3Lutz was rock solid, apart from the edge issue, right? It could be a great jump to exploit, as long as edge calls can be avoided. Can someone on social media send that video to Brian, please. :pray:

NoviceFan

Medalist
Jeff Buttle is on his way to Japan...do we know if he'll be working with any of Evgenia's shows? I'm so hoping he's the choreographer for Zhenya's FS.

I thought he’s already there. I saw on his Instagram stories https://mobile.twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1130061530941280256, he was sitting inside a taxi, which I recognize to be a taxi in Japan because the seats are covered in white lace material - that has always fascinated me about Japanese taxis :)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States