2014 Rostelecom Cup Men's Short Program 11/14 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Men's Short Program 11/14

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
:scowl: I want Javi to win this.

But I also want this GP series to be over asap after all the dramas.

Me too :love: Having the GPF in Spain, without Spain's prominent skater?? Madness! Even if he weren't to make it, he'd still at least get to skate at the EX, right?

I'd also like Misha to skate like he did this past weekend. And having Taka sort out his skate problems and show what he's made of would be nice too, but... I'm not so confident with that expectation :eek:hwell:

Meoima

Match Penalty
^ To be fair, I am here only to support Javi and I/Z. After that maybe Yulia at TEB. I've lost all my interest in this GP series after that hideous CoC. Whoever wins whoever gets into GPF I don't mind it anymore.
I have high hope that Yuzuru will drop out of NHK. But if he doesn't... I will turn off my mood for the whole season. Because if he still competes, that would be :unsure:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
They've been advertizing Javier Fernandez's presence at the GPF on the website, IIRC, so I'm pretty sure he'll be there no matter what, at least for the exhibition. Barring injuries that make it unable for him to skate, of course.
I'm mostly enjoying the GP series, in spite of what has happened. For every disappointment, for me there have been that many more wonderful surprises (the other Japanese men, the amazing French ice dance couple, the return of my favorite Russian figure skating Pair, Anna Pogorilaya, just to name a few).
Already counting down the hours until the Rostelecom Cup! Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to watch much, if any of it live due to real life having other ideas.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Men's SP at 3am my time. On a Saturday, fortunately. *yawns*

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I'm mostly enjoying the GP series, in spite of what has happened. For every disappointment, for me there have been that many more wonderful surprises (the other Japanese men, the amazing French ice dance couple, the return of my favorite Russian figure skating Pair, Anna Pogorilaya, just to name a few).
Me too. Lots of skaters/teams have surprised me - and stuffed up my scores in the predictions game!

I agree that for every disappointment, there have been pleasant surprises!
I love to see skaters improving and reaching new PB's etc...

We're only half way through too, so there's surely plenty more drama/excitement/disappointment/joy still to come...

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Best to be careful. I used to hang out at a forum where simply typing the name of a certain banned poster was enough to get a person banned themselves. ;)

Thanks Peg! Newbie here:laugh: It was the great drama that welcomed me the first time I landed on this forum! Made me very scared to join for more than a year! Hopefully, this infraction will not be an infraction!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two natural born performers, Misha and Jason, in the same comp; that crowd in Moscow is so lucky!

flutz16

Match Penalty
Ge is competing ? missed that

Fernandez could be as low as 3rd but he might still make the GPF
they will overscore him to be on the podium, isnt he injured atm with tendonitis ?, his poster is all over Barcelona GPF

Meoima

Match Penalty
Ge is competing ? missed that
Fernandez could be as low as 3rd but he might still make the GPF
they will overscore him to be on the podium, isnt he injured atm with tendonitis ?, his poster is all over Barcelona GPF
Are you there in Barcelona? Or you are talking about the website? :confused:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^ To be fair, I am here only to support Javi and I/Z. After that maybe Yulia at TEB. I've lost all my interest in this GP series after that hideous CoC. Whoever wins whoever gets into GPF I don't mind it anymore.
I have high hope that Yuzuru will drop out of NHK. But if he doesn't... I will turn off my mood for the whole season. Because if he still competes, that would be :unsure:

I don't care all that much about who wins either (well, except for how it affects my standing in the predictions game ;) ), but CoC was just a freak event, an anomaly. The odds of something that unfortunate happening twice in one season are extremely tiny. Things can only get better now...right?

Hopefully Yuzuru will listen to his doctors; I'll leave it in their hands, but I'm going to try not to dwell on the past or the future and simply enjoy this competition for what it is.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't care all that much about who wins either (well, except for how it affects my standing in the predictions game ;) ), but CoC was just a freak event, an anomaly. The odds of something that unfortunate happening twice in one season are extremely tiny. Things can only get better now...right?
Hopefully Yuzuru will listen to his doctors; I'll leave it in their hands, but I'm going to try not to dwell on the past or the future and simply enjoy this competition for what it is.
I am worried about Javi's knees. :cry: Hopefully he can pull through.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker

Yes, it has to get better. Not only was the accident bad, but the rest of CoC was peculiar as well. I refuse to look anywhere but up for the rest of the GP :yay:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Goodness the Men's field is insane. We have Michal, Artur, Misha, Taka, Ivan and the US men, Jason, Stephen and Max.

Javi is not my favorite at this competition (no and I am not telling you who is lol) but I will
be rooting for him to win Gold so that he can make the GPF in his home country. It will be interesting
to see where the placements are after the SP.

elee63

Final Flight
I'd read "Ten" and automatically assumed it was Denis. Was wondering why no one was wishing him luck :p

TMC

Record Breaker
Goodness the Men's field is insane. We have Michal, Artur, Misha, Taka, Ivan and the US men, Jason, Stephen and Max.

Javi is not my favorite at this competition (no and I am not telling you who is lol) but I will
be rooting for him to win Gold so that he can make the GPF in his home country. It will be interesting
to see where the placements are after the SP.

I'm rooting for Javi too and exactly for that reason, even though I like at least 4 other skaters there more (not that there's anything wrong with Javier, just not my cup of tea). All the others can make it to the final some other year when it's not in Spain! ;)