2015 Summer Fan Fest Fete! Updates! | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 Summer Fan Fest Fete! Updates!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...s-amp-Nicholas-Buckland&p=1035928#post1035928

I updated Penny Coomes & Nick Buckland's OP. I really enjoyed doing it, too. These long careers take a long time to document, but there are such stories, twists and turns to enjoy! I do not envy any British ice dancers. From the moment they reach international competition, British interviewers want to figurevout when they will turn into the next Torvill and Dean.

Although they have had so many health setbacks, they have managed to earn a medal at Europeans, and have produced a number of really interesting dances. It is nice to see that Ice Theater of NY had them as one of their guest artists, and that there is video of the performance. A series of videos was produced, documenting their story as a lead up to the 2014 Olympics, which I found interesting. And by all means, don't miss their turn at the Team Orange Card Game!

I hope you enjoy reading and viewing their Summer Fan Fest as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Wonderful! Long live the potato king...and I HOPE he can get some real medals this season.

i hope soo too, he is always almost there thats why he mad many EX videos as well :laugh: i am sure it has nothing to do with his looks :eek::

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51619-Kevin-Reynolds
Kevin has an updated OP. He has dedicated fans who have uploaded videos back to 2001!

And there are some fun fluffs too.

I really liked his 2013 World Team Trophy EX to GAFU with choreo by Kenji Miyamoto! I am not a dedicated gala watcher, so I had missed this one!

Has anyone heard how Kevin is doing now that it is almost two months after his hip surgery?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...arova-amp-Maxim-Nikitin&p=1158846#post1158846

When I undertook to update Alexandra Nazarova & Maxim Nikitin's OP, I thought first, that there would not be that many videos, and second that it would not take a lot of time. I was wrong on both counts.

Although there is no data available in their Wiki entries prior to season 2010-2011, I have videos back to 2008! Hint: their dances have been very unique and intriguing and whave been so since the beginning!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that I have now posted the first part of my update to the Original Post of Jenni Saarinen's Fan Fest.

I was getting annoyed that Jenni was now on the final page of the Fan Fest Forum, so decided to post some of the update now so that I could bump her up! ;)

But, while I was on the final page of the Fan Fest Forum, I discovered that I have another Fan Fest that I had completely forgotten about - Ashley Cain!

Oops! :eek::

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Re new Liam Firus fan thread:

Doris, thx for adding his name to the master list :).

But ... please fix the incorrect hyperlink there for Liam's thread. (At your convenience.)​

We understand that everyone has their favorites, and this is the place to gush :)! ...

Men

.... Liam Firus ...

I started Liam's thread in honor of his great showing at the Broadmoor Open :):

But I have not attempted to give him an extended OP.
My understanding is that your vision is for those with GP assignments to get full-blown OPs first, and Liam does not (yet) have a GP assignment this year.
Plus I still have work to do on Max and Maddie/Max's threads.

Thx again for all your work on the fan threads, Doris :bow:.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I was falling asllep at the time, clearly.

Thanks for bringing the error to my attention.

I have fixed the link for Liam Firus.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I was falling asllep at the time, clearly.

Thanks for bringing the error to my attention.

I have fixed the link for Liam Firus.

No worries, Doris -- and thank you for being so quick to make the fix for Liam :).

Meanwhile, I just noticed that you already copied stuff for Max Aaron into his OP.
If time is of the essence, I would be happy for you to take over and fill in the rest of the competition videos, etc. Sorry for my leisurely and non-linear approach.

So I have started a second holding area (a work in progress) in Max's thread for offbeat things that could be little "extras" for the OP. Just non-essential but nice (IMO) bits that I happen to remember and/or come across.
(Makes more sense to me to keep whatever will be in my second batch of things separate from the first, which you already have transferred.)

Thx again for everything.

borzaya

Final Flight
Big thanks to dorispulaski and Mrs.P for all the updates! :clap: You're amazing :yes:

But will you please fix some mistakes in the Volosozhar/Trankov thread...
The links to 2013-14 Russian Nationals are really the videos of 2012-13 Russian Nationals. And in season 2013-14 (i.e. in the Olympic season) V/T were not participating in the Nationals at all.

The link to 2010 test skate FS is the link to another video of their SP. The video of FS is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uprtf5Mbkhg

And in the social media part only the info about Tatiana is given. Here are Maxim's accounts: Instagram - http://instagram.com/xam_trankov, VK - https://vk.com/id61337159

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks, borzaya, for helping us make these OPs as accurate as possible!

I have made the corrections.

What Fan Fest OP video fests would any of you like to see next???? :bow:

Summer is getting shorter, and we want to be sure that everyone gets at least one Fest they love!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For those that are interested in Spanish Skaters, I have just discovered that their Federation does very comprehensive Competitive History PDF's for each skater.

Here is the index page:

http://www.fmdi.es/patinadores.html

Just click on the name for a summary page containing the most recent results, and then click on the PDF logo at the bottom of that summary page for the full version.

So, guess who is going to check if he missed anything out when making out his own tables for Marta Garcia and Sonia Lafuente...

Thank you to gallavich for asking for info about Spanish skater Ernesto Martínez, as it was when I was looking him up that I found this feature.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I have fixed the link for Liam Firus.

Sorry to bother you again, Doris, but I hadn't clicked on the revised link for Liam Firus until just now.
And it has a new bug: the URL has an extra h before the http.

Thanks again for your patience with so many details in so many threads.

We understand that everyone has their favorites, and this is the place to gush :)!

Men

Liam Firus

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In case anybody hasn't noticed yet, I just wanted to let you know that obver the past few days I have updated the Original Posts to the Fan Fests for Marta Garcia and Sonia Lafuente.

But, I would like a bit of advice.

When it came to the Articles section for Sonia, I did a Google search for her name, and started linking to stories about her. However, I soon found myself getting bogged down in reports about her in Spanish newspapers. Mainly competition reports.

I've got the the 6th page of the search results, and there is no let up in the newspaper reports.

So, what should I do? Should I just carry on like I am until they run out (probably 500 pages later!)? Should I take the newspaper reports out of what I have done already, and just leave the few interviews that there are? Or should I just leave it like it is and say it's completed?

I haven't a clue what would be the best course of action. :confused:

CaroLiza_fan