Entries for 2015 Copernicus Stars | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Entries for 2015 Copernicus Stars

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
As much as the Parsons were scared of Popova & Vlasenko and Abachkina & Thauron were scared of the Parsons and Popova & Vlasenko. In reality, their Federations are scared of the scores those other teams have earned. Everybody's ranked according to points and placements. Any team ranked near or above you is a risk, and no one is ignorant about that. Of course, everyone wants to A. qualify into the final and B. go in with as high a ranking as possible. The Federations also want to qualify as many teams as possible. That sets up a dilemma for France & Russia as both have lower medal-winning teams likely in the running.

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
There's a rumour that Betina is injured. I wonder if it's true, I hope she'll be alright! I want to see them at Barcelona:)

Layback11

Record Breaker
This is all so sketchy...have the top Russians mysteriously contracted Random Out-Of-Nowhere Injury-itis?

First Sima, then Alexandra Proklova, and now them...one has to wonder :scratch:

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
This is all so sketchy...have the top Russians mysteriously contracted Random Out-Of-Nowhere Injury-itis?

First Sima, then Alexandra Proklova, and now them...one has to wonder :scratch:

What are you implying? There are no reports of any injuries, some speculations only. + Sima herself stated she was not injured and was always scheduled for the last 2 grand prix events. Alex is not injured - she had trouble with boots and missed ice training.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Popova & Vlasenko have just been moved to Spain. Well that sorts out all the first place teams. Now we'll see what happens with the second place ones.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
What are you implying? There are no reports of any injuries, some speculations only. + Sima herself stated she was not injured and was always scheduled for the last 2 grand prix events. Alex is not injured - she had trouble with boots and missed ice training.

Yes, I don't understand why everything has to be turned into a huge conspiracy. What does it matter which events Sima does, as long as she's still scheduled to compete? It's between her and the Russian fed and they aren't obligated to explain every decision they make. What is "sketchy" about it, and what are people trying to imply?

LisaM

Medalist
Yes, I don't understand why everything has to be turned into a huge conspiracy. What does it matter which events Sima does, as long as she's still scheduled to compete? It's between her and the Russian fed and they aren't obligated to explain every decision they make. What is "sketchy" about it, and what are people trying to imply?

^
Plus, injuries don't come 'out of nowhere'. It's not like the skaters only ever have the chance of getting injured when you see them skate. They have tons of training hours when it can happen.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In case it hasn't been noticed yet, the Entries/Results page is up:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/jgppol2015/

Josh B from CBBC documentary "Ice Stars" (see this thread) had been down as the 2nd choice substitute for GBR in the Men's provisional entry list, but it looks like he will not be required.

Oh well!

The basic version of the SP start orders are not up yet, while the detailed versions will be posted on the ISU Reporter Twitter account later on.

Tomorrow will be the only day that I can watch anything LIVE, and I am still trying to decide whether to watch this or the Nebelhorn Trophy. (Grrrr!!! :mad: Why have ISU sanctioned 2 competitions in neighbouring countries on the same days?! :bang: )

So, in case I decide not to watch the Juniors:

:cheer: ALL THE BEST POLINA USTINOVA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Josh B from CBBC documentary "Ice Stars" (see this thread) had been down as the 2nd choice substitute for GBR in the Men's provisional entry list, but it looks like he will not be required.

Oh well!
He's been listed for some time, to compete at the last two JGP events, Spain and Croatia... will be interesting to see his full programs and how well he does.

Tomorrow will be the only day that I can watch anything LIVE, and I am still trying to decide whether to watch this or the Nebelhorn Trophy.
Where there are clashes, I think I will favour Nebelhorn... because JGP "catch up" on youtube is pretty reliable, whereas I have no idea if the same will be true for Nebelhorn.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
He's been listed for some time, to compete at the last two JGP events, Spain and Croatia... will be interesting to see his full programs and how well he does.

Yeah, I saw that a few weeks ago too (I've been sitting on it for a while, just in case there was any shifting around. But I finally announced it in the "Ice Stars" thread a couple of days ago). But, I just wanted to confirm in this event's sub-forum that he wasn't going to be competing here.

Where there are clashes, I think I will favour Nebelhorn... because JGP "catch up" on youtube is pretty reliable, whereas I have no idea if the same will be true for Nebelhorn.

I was thinking the same, but that was before I watched the FD from the Cup of Austria yesterday, and discovered the first 2 groups missing from the archived livestream. Yes, the routines are there in individual videos, but there is a lot cut out, not least the skaters getting the results!

Plus, the JGP starts first thing in the morning, whereas the Nebelhorn doesn't start until the afternoon. Yes, the obvious thing is to watch most the JGP Ladies SP, and then switch over to the SD at the Nebelhorn. But, when to switch over will depend a lot on the starting orders at each event! ;) :biggrin:

Even though I know she won't do too well, I still want to see Polina U on the day, so that I can post about her in the Team Cyprus Fan Fest! ;)

The other complication is that I haven't watched the Senior Ladies SP or any of the Frees from the Lombardia yet. And I haven't watched ANY of the American Challenger event (and probably won't). Whereas, to get caught up on the JGP, all I have to do is finish watching the Men's FS from the Cup of Austria...

Nah, I'd still prefer to watch the Nebelhorn! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Man a lot of you guys are wondering the same thing I am: Nebelhorn or the JGP? As of now for me at least, JGP cause at least I know where the streaming will be. Though I might have to balance that out with homework cause I have three tests next week that I need to start working on. Plus homework for labs and recetations. Luckily I have all weekend (Minus 5 hours on Saturday for stuff school-related) to work on it. And yeah....I can't wait to see how McNamara/Carpenter will do and also Joy and Max. Hopefully they can secure 2 spots in the JGPF!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Man a lot of you guys are wondering the same thing I am: Nebelhorn or the JGP?
Heh, aren't we spoiled these days? :-D

It wasn't long ago, that the very idea of being able to choose between watching a live JGP event and a live senior B competition... was an impossible dream...!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Nebelhorn appears to be streaming on Dailymotion this year so it should also be easy to go back & catch up, unlike some other streaming services like the one they had at Lombardia. Nebelhorn takes priority for me, but I don't want to miss seeing Deniss skate live. Why do the men have to overlap? At least it would be an easier choice if it were, say, senior men and junior pairs. But noooo...