13:29:40 - 13:36:20 8 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA

Resurfacing: 00:15:00
Warm-up: 00:05:00
Duration of Skating: 00:02:50
Judging First: 00:03:20
Judging Last: 00:03:20
Introduction: 00:01:00

Printed: 26.11.2015 12:04:56

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpjpn2015/gpjpn2015_IceDance_SD_TimeSchedule.pdf

BTW, Madi Hubbell is blogging from NHK for IN:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/11/26/158285390

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm hoping for strong performances all around! The Shibs have my favorite FD in this event so I'm cheering them on:cheer:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Should I watch ice dance or should I take this opportunity to nap before the other events? Because this is my last chance before I stay up from 11pm to 6am again. And Dad expects me to watch the Iron Bowl at my step sister's house tomorrow. Hmmm....

Oh, hell, I'll just sleep on her couch :laugh:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Sorry. Their exhibition is so horrific, it has thrown me off as a fan.

I don't just mean for this season, I mean for life.

I've gone back to watch some video of their prior year performances, which I had liked, but all I can see is that ridiculous clown charade.

I hope Stepanova and Bukin destroy them, just to throw Russian nationals into an even greater dramafest.
:disagree: A big thumbs down indeed. It doesn't even matter that I don't agree about their exhibition which I thought was really different and fun to watch among most other exhibition programs at the Skate Canada gala (I definitely am not one of those who think that a fun and colorful program or a clown program is something ridiculous and tasteless by definition). It is what you said about it having thrown you off for life as a fan and about Stepanova/Bukin "destroying" them that is quite horrible (or horrific, indeed). I think you have never been a real fan of theirs if just one program could make you think that. I can't imagine myself thinking something like that about skaters whose fan I am. If, say, Stephane Lambiel or Virtue/Moir did a program that I really disliked, I would be really disappointed for sure, but I would not stop being a fan. I would just try to forget about it and wait for the next program in belief that I will like it just as I have liked so many of their previous programs. But I also never decide after just one or two programs which I have liked; "okay, now I am a fan of this skater". I look/wait for more programs first. Because, if I don't like the next two programs (which is very possible) or don't like anything at all from that skater during the next few years, what then? Do I stop being a "fan"? Or probably that skater was never "my" skater in the first place - perhaps I just liked the choreographer's work in that particular program and/or the music that the skater(s) used? Perhaps that was the case with you and Bobrova/Soloviev? Okay, sorry for the long rant.

(If S/K and Ashley made it too, that would mean six American finalists-seven of Max somehow got the seventh spot. Yeet!)
Aaron can't make it. He won't be "eligible" for the extra spot even if Kovtun bombs his FS completely and places sixth or lower, because there is also Han Yan with his fourth and third place above him in the GP standings. Kovtun placing sixth or lower would make Aaron eighth in the standings.

Last edited:

caitie

Medalist
I hope the Shib Sibs deal well with the pressure of skating last. (Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time I can remember that they've skated last in the SD lineup.)

Layback11

Record Breaker
:disagree: A big thumbs down indeed. It doesn't even matter that I don't agree about their exhibition which I thought was really different and fun to watch among most other exhibition programs at the Skate Canada gala (I definitely am not one of those who think that a fun and colorful program or a clown program is something ridiculous and tasteless by definition). It is what you said about it having thrown you off for life as a fan and about Stepanova/Bukin "destroying" them that is quite horrible (or horrific, indeed). I think you have never been a real fan of theirs if just one program could make you think that. I can't imagine myself thinking something like that about skaters whose fan I am. If, say, Stephane Lambiel or Virtue/Moir did a program that I really disliked, I would be really disappointed for sure, but I would not stop being a fan. I would just try to forget about it and wait for the next program in belief that I will like it just as I have liked so many of their previous programs. But I also never decide after just one or two programs which I have liked "okay, now I am a fan of this skater". I look/wait for more programs first. Because, if I don't like the next two programs (which is very possible) or don't like anything at all from that skater during the next few years, what then? Do I stop being a "fan"? Or probably that skater was never "my" skater in the first place - perhaps I just liked the choreographer's work in that particular program and/or the music that the skater(s) used? Perhaps it was the case with you and Bobrova/Soloviev? Okay, sorry for the long rant.

Aaron can't make it. He won't be "eligible" for the extra spot even if Kovtun bombs his FS completely and places sixth or lower, because there is also Han Yan with his fourth and third place above him in the GP standings. Kovtun placing sixth or lower would make Aaron eighth in the standings.

Oh. I thought someone in the GPF decision thread mathed :p up a solution in which could get in.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I hope the Shib Sibs deal well with the pressure of skating last. (Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time I can remember that they've skated last in the SD lineup.)

The skated last at 2011 NHK, which they won. And didn't they also skated last at US nationals this year?

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Oh. I thought someone in the GPF decision thread mathed :p up a solution in which could get in.
Boyang Jin would also have to completely bomb the FS and place at least sixth (along with Kovtun) for Aaron to get that extra spot. Then Fernandez, Hanyu, Uno, Chan, Murakami and Jan would be in, and Aaron would get the extra spot for TEB skaters as 7th in the GP standings. That is, if Menshov doesn't win silver and/or Hochstein doesn't win bronze (because that would place them higher in the GP standings than Aaron too). But Jin bombing his FS so badly that he would place sixth or lower even with the great advantage he already has over others after the SP doesn't look possible at all.

Edit: I see that Mathman already responded to you while I was away.

Last edited: