2016 Rio: Men's Artistic Gymnastics | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Men's Artistic Gymnastics

thoakun

Final Flight
Well Yuzu and Kohei sure have talent, star power and good looks ( :love: ), but so has Kenzo I think. And I didn't think Kohei was quite as much a show-off as Yuzu... but maybe that's my not so great gymnastics knowledge and understanding hampering my perception ;)

Also, something about Kenzo's appearance, face and smile reminds me of Nobu. Maybe I'll just stop with sticking to I love all of them :luv17:

I believe it's the eyebrows and the smizes. I always forgot Nobu's first name and had to search for Oda Nobunaga first :laugh:. I'm very surprised to learn that Kohei likes to show off as much as Yuzu. But then his decision to show his wife and kids surprises me as much. He seems to have figured out how to balance his personality and public persona.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Congrats oreg! :hap10:

Proud of Ryohei. his challenge of difficult F landing will lead to the future. he got the interview with good face.:)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Horizonatal bar starting. How come Oleg is competing the fourth time? :shocked:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Well of course Epke was gonna fall. *sigh* He'd re-injured his hand in the final training. I'm surprised he even decided to participate with that hand. Sure hope he didn't make things worse... :noshake:
Oh well, time for Germany to get that gold they missed out on last time. :agree:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oleg headcasing once again. :palmf: But he didn't looked like he tried to win anyway :p

Last edited:

Reynnou

On the Ice
Oleg headcasing once again. :palmf: But he didn't looked like he tried to win anyway :p

Oleg doesn't like High Bar and he usually fall when he's in an EF. Since he has no hope at medaling I think he didn't put to much effort in his routine...

Anyway what a way to end this Olympics with Oleg winning the gold on PB :hap93: I just wished he had hit a better routine (it was very good but he can do more). David and Danell on the podium!
And Fabian finally getting his Gold medal on HB, it was his last routine and he couldn't have finished better! Gonna miss him a lot :sad46:

Congrats everyone :2thumbs:

Last edited:

sweetskates1

Medalist
Agreed on all counts. I could not decide whether I was happier for Danell getting the silver (against all odds, and with such little support) or for Oleg finally getting a gold medal. I love Kohei but on all around day my heart broke into a million pieces for Oleg. I thought he was better except for that last =-- :(

Japanese men have been fantastic. I wish Americans took some cues from Japan. Also, the british men ---- OMG fantastic. Louis blew me away and Max's two golds fantastic.

Oleg doesn't like High Bar and he usually fall when he's in an EF. Since he has no hope at medaling I think he didn't put to much effort in his routine...

Anyway what a way to end this Olympics with Oleg winning the gold on PB :hap93: I just wished he had hit a better routine (it was very good but he can do more). David and Danell on the podium!
And Fabian finally getting his Gold medal on HB, it was his last routine and he couldn't have finished better! Gonna miss him a lot :sad46:

Congrats everyone :2thumbs:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Kenzo has already begun competing in the all around and actually got second place at the last All Japan Championships (this was a generally messy event) it seems he does plan to be an AA gymnast with specialization on the floor and Vault.

Kenzo himself seems to have a bit of frustration with his twist being focused too much and wants to become a AA and the successor of Kohei. (people’s attention is towards Kenzo so much. I want to say don’t forget Ryohei! )
Anyway, seeing Kenzo’s interview is so much fun. He’s thoughtful guy in spite of his age. Of course polite. Further he is bright like the sun. He’s a type of performer who can light up people’s hearts.

Which dismount did he do??

His father was also the top gymnast in Japan and was good at parallel bar and name ryohei, wishing his child would top him with parallel bar. :)

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Kenzo himself seems to have a bit of frustration with his twist being focused too much and wants to become a AA and the successor of Kohei. (people’s attention is towards Kenzo so much. I want to say don’t forget Ryohei! )
Anyway, seeing Kenzo’s interview is so much fun. He’s thoughtful guy in spite of his age. Of course polite. Further he is bright like the sun. He’s a type of performer who can light up people’s hearts.

His father was also the top gymnast in Japan and was good at parallel bar and name ryohei, wishing his child would top him with parallel bar. :)

Yes, I knew his dad had the dismount on PB and was curious as to if Ryohei was now challenging it.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30zX8dVXWRQ
A sweet interview with Team Japan. Uchimura talks about Oleg. Family and friends watch the games. English Subs.

The press conference is one of the most rewatched clips from the Olympics for Japanese viewers. Oleg has gained many new fans in Japan as well as a lot more coverage on TV due to his defense of Uchimura. :thumbsup:

Last edited: