Men's Artistic Gymnastics 2015 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's Artistic Gymnastics 2015

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Actually he came in first in pommel horse qualifying--even better news! Even though the scores are reset to zero for the event finals, it is still pretty cool. Louis Smith = :love: Max Whitlock :love: also qualified for the event finals.

Oops. Sorry.
Yeah, close call for Max AGAIN. Poor Niles.

Uchimura's wife and kids have made the trip for the first time to see him compete!
He says the pain is 'not much' and he's trained a bit since. I have hopes he will be in good form.

FX 1. Uchimura 2. Hayasaka 3. Shirai
PH 1. Kato 2. Uchimura 3. Kaya
SR 1. Kato 2. Tanaka 3. Uchimura
VT 1. Hayasaka 2. Uchimura 3. Shirai
PB 1. Kato 2. Tanaka 3. Uchimura
HB 1. Kato 2. Tanaka 3. Uchimura

Starting order for the team event.
Go TJ!

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Oops. Sorry.
Yeah, close call for Max AGAIN. Poor Niles.

Uchimura's wife and kids have made the trip for the first time to see him compete!
He says the pain is 'not much' and he's trained a bit since. I have hopes he will be in good form.

FX 1. Uchimura 2. Hayasaka 3. Shirai
PH 1. Kato 2. Uchimura 3. Kaya
SR 1. Kato 2. Tanaka 3. Uchimura
VT 1. Hayasaka 2. Uchimura 3. Shirai
PB 1. Kato 2. Tanaka 3. Uchimura
HB 1. Kato 2. Tanaka 3. Uchimura

Starting order for the team event.
Go TJ!

Aaaw, so glad to know his wife and kids will be there! So he's really competing on all 6 apparatus :drama: I hope he will have enough stamina left for the AA final even though he says it's not his priority. If he manages to do basically 2 clean AA competitions, he will truly be Supermura :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
A chunk of my family are going to drag ourselves out of bed at 2AM to watch it live on TV.

Good luck to Team Japan, I'm Romanian but have been rooting for them as if they were representing my country :laugh: like I said, nobody comes close to their beautiful execution of difficult elements and I've been waiting for that team gold since 2004.

I am very impressed wth the women's team as well - in the recent past there have been a few stand-out gymnasts like Koko Tsurumi or Rie Tanaka but they are steadily but surely creating a strong team this time.

Last edited:

padme21

On the Ice
What a nightmare this is a flash back to worlds 2011! Poor Kohei! He's pushing himself too hard. Praying for him in the all-around!

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Japan won gold!!! Must have been really hard for Uchimura after seeing Tanaka fall. Glad they still managed to win though! :cheer:

ioanna

Record Breaker
That final was so distressing but oh my god Japan finally won after 37 years! Congratulations! :cheer:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yeeeesss! Uchimura and team Japan did it! Whew!
In the end, he wrung himself out, if he had decided to leave anything out of his routine after the fall, they would have lost.
Intense!
Also, congrats GB! Surprise silver medalists. What a show!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Whoever designed the podium needs to be fired. All these guys, though small, could barely fit. The Chinese were doing some kind of akward line dance, and the GB and Japan team were doubling up on the podium.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Soooooo happy for Japan and GB!!!!! Well done Japan for finally getting that gold and, wow, silver for GB!!!!! I got so emotional! Whooooo! They got so close to gold too!

Congrats to China on their bronze too.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Soooooo happy for Japan and GB!!!!! Well done Japan for finally getting that gold and, wow, silver for GB!!!!! I got so emotional! Whooooo! They got so close to gold too!

Congrats to China on their bronze too.

I don't think China is particularly pleased with their bronze. :biggrin:

That was a really good competition though. Very, very entertaining and so exciting that it really could have been anyone's gold from the top 3. I thought GB had won it after Kohei fell, but he has a very high SV. Slightly overmarked, but that shouldn't have made the difference between Japan falling to silver.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I don't think China is particularly pleased with their bronze. :biggrin:

That was a really good competition though. Very, very entertaining and so exciting that it really could have been anyone's gold from the top 3. I thought GB had won it after Kohei fell, but he has a very high SV. Slightly overmarked, but that shouldn't have made the difference between Japan falling to silver.

^D score, please. :)

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
https://youtu.be/FoyCgH3kibs

I started a thread called "How Cool is This" based on discovering the above video. Has anyone here ever seen something like this or know how I could find an event like this. Sorry if this is too OT for this thread.