Men's Artistic Gymnastics 2015 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's Artistic Gymnastics 2015

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Congratus Japan Gold medal, GB Silver and CN Bronz:cheer:.(Oh, I’m too late..)
But I’m so worried about Uchimura’s injury of his head. Last year, I’ve heard a lot of fear of concussion..

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I don't know if Uchimura will have enough strength to compete the AA again especially after his hard fall. He put every bit of energy into getting the Team gold.
We will have to see. I'm going to be spending a lot of sleepless nights watching this, and then, Skate Canada right after!
How will I cope?

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I don't know if Uchimura will have enough strength to compete the AA again especially after his hard fall. He put every bit of energy into getting the Team gold.
We will have to see. I'm going to be spending a lot of sleepless nights watching this, and then, Skate Canada right after!
How will I cope?

Uchimura was just concentrated. We well knew how strongly he had wished the team Gold medal ( tears..)
Yeah, can he keep his mental and physical condition in this event? And his future is also a serious concern.. Just pray for him.

Skate Canada, another concern comes at the same time! Yuzu’s crazy layout, transitions… Of course we trust in him though, our hearts won’t last (lol).

P.S. Nonomura, Kameyama.. All other competitors aim for Rio.. The battle will be blood bath.. :drama:

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
https://youtu.be/FoyCgH3kibs

I started a thread called "How Cool is This" based on discovering the above video. Has anyone here ever seen something like this or know how I could find an event like this. Sorry if this is too OT for this thread.

At 00:34 is Slam ball/variations
00:43 is Trampoline
00:59 is Acrobatic Gymnastics (Also has World Champs)
And the others are really just rhythmic gymnastics and artistic gymnastics done with showmanship/as entertainment (props, tricks, etc)

But if what you're asking is whether there is a single event that does everything shown, I'm not sure...probably as a special event show?

Last edited:

Wo|flax

Final Flight
Man my heart was in my throat after Yusuke and the Uchimura fell; glad they won in the end, poor Yusuke was crying. And happy for UK's silver too.:cheer: China has lots of previous years gold to wipe their proverbial tears with at least.

Weathergal

Medalist
A little sad for US men--seemed to be in their grasp at one point--but 5th not too bad, considering how decimated by injury their squad is right now. And I am very happy for Team Japan and Team GB! Both have some amazing gymnasts I really enjoy watching.

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Huge fan of Team Japan. Sounded like a very exciting final! Gutted that Kohei had to wait so long during Quals to do FX so he got cold and fell. It sounds like he hurt his neck.

Max - LOL about Start Value for gymnastics. Where you start with your D + 10 for E and go downward.
Other way around for skating. Base Value, then go up based on GOE.

My personal opinion is that everyone is overscored compared to Kohei :)

Thank goodness Skate Canada and Worlds are in completely different time zones! So much exciting competition right now.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Huge fan of Team Japan. Sounded like a very exciting final! Gutted that Kohei had to wait so long during Quals to do FX so he got cold and fell. It sounds like he hurt his neck.

Max - LOL about Start Value for gymnastics. Where you start with your D + 10 for E and go downward.
Other way around for skating. Base Value, then go up based on GOE.

My personal opinion is that everyone is overscored compared to Kohei :)

Thank goodness Skate Canada and Worlds are in completely different time zones! So much exciting competition right now.

Maybe I'm pedantic (I am) but you're not really starting at a single value, is what I mean. You're have evaluation of the D score, and evaluation of the E score. Then deductions are taken from each (D score if necessary) and then summed. It's more like two start values...except it's not. Lol

Ryohei isn't over-scored! :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A little sad for US men--seemed to be in their grasp at one point--but 5th not too bad, considering how decimated by injury their squad is right now. And I am very happy for Team Japan and Team GB! Both have some amazing gymnasts I really enjoy watching.

I think 5th for the US Men is a huge accomplishment, all things considered.

I wouldn't have been shocked if they had finished out of the top 8 and missed direct qualification for Rio. Three of their best and most consistent athletes were out of this competition. Leyva has a shot at an AA medal, and USA made event finals in 5 of 6. That's pretty admirable.

Finishing on Pommel didn't help with their chances of a surprise medal, but they would have had to face the beast sometime during the competition.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Once again Oleg have troubles on HB and FX but I'm happy with his score. 90 pts with a so-so competition is good. No doubt he'll be better during the final !
He also qualified for the P.bars (he is currently 1st) and will probably be on VT final (he's 4th). He may even qualified for the pommel horse (he's in 6th place right now).
Igor Radivilov is 6th on VT so he may once again reach the final !

Ukraine is only 10th though so they will have to go to the test event to qualify to the Olympics :(

Any news of Oleg? The MAG Individual AA is soon!

Bonesfan

On the Ice
MAG All-Around Final Results

1) UCHIMURA Kohei (JAPAN) - 92.332
2) LARDUET Manrique (Cuba) - 90.698
3) DENG Shudi (China) - 90.099
4) VERNIALEV Oleg (Ukraine) - 89.640
5) WHITLOCK Max (Great Britian) - 89.249

Kohei 6 time World Champion + Olympic champion

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yeeeesss! King! Emperor! Sorry, I'll stop being obnoxious now.
Larduet was Amazing! That's quite some debut, and so young too.

I was heartbroken for Max and Oleg. I thought they'd medal for sure.
There was a fluff piece about Oleg on Japan TV today, about his struggles and dedication to Gymnastics...it was wonderful, made me become even more of a fan of his.

But really, Uchimura, what can I say? It was amazing.

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
MAG All-Around Final Results

1) UCHIMURA Kohei (JAPAN) - 92.332
2) LARDUET Manrique (Cuba) - 90.698
3) DENG Shudi (China) - 90.099
4) VERNIALEV Oleg (Ukraine) - 89.640
5) WHITLOCK Max (Great Britian) - 89.249

Kohei 6 time World Champion + Olympic champion

Unbelievable! He really is the king! Solid on everything, just wow. Can't wait for Rio!!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Other than Phillip Boy, there have been no repeat medalists during Uchimura's AA reign. It's THAT hard to keep your peak during the World Championships.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
The Kovacs! I remember when he first started adding that. Tomita (my favorite) had such a nice position and style with this element and I knew, being on the same team with him, Kohei would try to emulate that style. It's incredibly that neither Yang Wei, Tomita, nor Nemov were able to accomplish something like this AA success. I hope Ryohei takes care of himself because I really want him to medal in the AA in Rio (frustrates me how Kohei and Kazuhito had gold and silver practically locked in London until the final rotation :cry:).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Kenzo won by a landslide on the Floor. And young Kaya tied for 3rd on PH. Really well done.
I admire Kenzo and Kaya for the extra oomph and energy they gave Team Japan during these Championships. Super positive and energetic young men.

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Could have been a bad slip/fall on one of those passes for Kenzo, but he managed to stay on his feet, and that quad twist in the end! Can't believe he can actually manage to do a 4.5 twist.

Uchimura just won gold on HB!!! Larduet won bronze, I think he qualifies for Rio then?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
We have to see Larduet at Rio. He's a star!
And at last, Uchimura gets a HB gold.
This has been the most gold Uchimura has gotten in one championship.
He just gets better with age. And he keeps pushing his D score higher too. -He does it while maintaining his super high E-score.