2016 Rio: Men's Artistic Gymnastics | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Layback11

Record Breaker
I made it go live and didn't see the last two (because I didn't want to miss the UB final), but good for Alex! Did anyone expect that?

Layback11

Record Breaker
You mean the bombing? Or reactions? :biggrin:

:cheer:

He's incredible. Winning 2 Golds in one day? He's a great competitor :clap: And Polish comentators indicated that it is his last event.

The bombing. Did Sasha have reactions like that? I somehow doubt it :laugh:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The bombing. Did Sasha have reactions like that? I somehow doubt it :laugh:

I wouldn't know. In Sasha Cohen times I had very restricted otpions to watch FS. I've seen like one Worlds and Olympics in 2006. But I liked her :) There were few falls on the floor, but lots, lots of step out in routines, thus low scores even with high difficulty...

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Poor Kenzo! I'm going to be sick!

Whitlock execution on pommel horse a bit too high but I bet he is as shocked he won floor gold as well. Can't believe Kenzo gifted it away!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Poor Kenzo! I'm going to be sick!

Whitlock execution on pommel horse a bit too high but I bet he is as shocked he won floor gold as well. Can't believe Kenzo gifted it away!

Agree. There was a form break there that was significant enough that even my untrained eye could spot it.

I like pommel horse most when it seems the athlete is levitating over the equipment with a lot of body clearance. I think the Frenchman who led off the competition did that best. Still, so happy for Alex, who has toiled in the trenches on this event for many, many years. Good bronze medal!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I was expecting Uchimura to not do so well because of his injury and how tired he was after doing 6 apparatus 3 times through at this Olympics, but I was expecting a medal for Kenzo. What a shock. --He's young though, there's plenty of time for him to get another one. Great day for Max!

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I was expecting Uchimura to not do so well because of his injury and how tired he was after doing 6 apparatus 3 times through at this Olympics, but I was expecting a medal for Kenzo. What a shock. --He's young though, there's plenty of time for him to get another one. Great day for Max!

Ryohei will be the leader now? At least I think so. Any who, I always forget that Yamamuro is actually a competent all-around gymnast (2011, was it). Hopefully they can sweep most of the golds/medals in 2017 Worlds! I was revisiting the 1972 Olympic team. The single greatest men's team and performance EVER!

treeloving

Medalist
Whitlock and Becki on pommel house are like night and day. No matter how difficult routine Whitlock has he will never perform to the perfection like Becki.

If the scoring of gymnastic going this way then they should abandon execution score completely. Just let gymnast complete their difficulty then use GOE score for the one who did well.

dreamsk8

On the Ice
I love the reaction of the two Brazilian gymnasts Diego Hypolito and Arthur Mariano when they won silver and bronze. Some athletes when they don't win the gold are so unhappy, mad, angry but these guys were so happy it is my favorite Olympic moment so far :clapper::hap85::clap:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
They're showing Rings in my TV :eeking: Good luck everyone :)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Kenzo Shirai brilliant on Vault, I hope he gets that gold medal he probably would've wanted on Floor.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I know people are comparing Uchimura to Yuzuru Hanyu, but for me Kenzo is more alike. Very talented, headcasing, champion material. And he does quads!

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I know people are comparing Uchimura to Yuzuru Hanyu, but for me Kenzo is more alike. Very talented, headcasing, champion material. And he does quads!

And they go for unnecessarily difficult routines when they could win with less :biggrin:
(They're also both adorable... I had to say it!)

sweetskates1

Medalist
Love my Japanese gymnasts almost as much as I do my Japanese figure skaters. Sorry Japan you have to share your godlike treasures, so your Yuzuru and your Kohei are mine now even though I am American and bleed red/white/blue. Thrilled for Kenzo in vault and for Kohei in all around. So thrilled for the team gold.

American male gymnasts continue to break my will to live. OMG why again are we doing this badly? Qualified 2nd and performed badly enough to earn a 5th place finish again? Mikulak are you freaking kidding me? 8/8 when you qualified 1st on floor? NO.

ALEX NADDOUR is everything. I celebrated that Bronze like the Brazilian who won bronze on floor. Always loved Alex and wanted him to medal for his family. Endorsements please.