2021-2022 Russian Men's Figure Skating | Page 88 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 Russian Men's Figure Skating

Azikin

Medalist
So true. I still remember when Yagudin was so mean to Dima. 🥺 That made me so sad, because Yagudin was my first favorite skater ever. And now Dima is my favorite male skater. And I can´t stand Yagudin anymore.
He's what he is. I prefer the inappropriate jokes and comments over cancel woke culture.

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
Winter is still my favorite short program ever.
I loved Yagudin for the longest time, including during 2002 Olys. Watched his programs obsessively. I had heard he was pretty rough in his views. Then I watched some talk show he was on with his wife that had English subtitles and he talked about how a man is the head of the household and the woman is there to serve him, and I’m thinking, well, that sucks, but w/e, cultural differences. Besides, I’d been to Russia a few times and all the women were doing the real work. I won’t mention what the Russian women were saying about the Russian men, lol. (I also remember hearing as a child that in Russia most of the doctors were women, which now blows my mind that it blew my mind then! Not that many female doctors in the U.S. in the 1960s compared to now. I had my own gender bias, which I overcame pretty quickly as a teenager, lol.)

He pretended to love the US for the purposes of ingratiating himself with North America and win an Oly medal. Still, who can blame him for wanting to return to his home country, where his culture was and family? So didn’t hold that against him. But then slagging the US that gave him so much? And even Canada?

The JB comments were a bridge too far. Plus he never added anything of substance to the sport, ever. So he couldn’t do quads anymore? Well then work on step sequence. Winter was his high point.

I am still an unrepentant fan of many Russian men (honestly no one, NO ONE, has extension like Kolyada), but Yagudin is not one of them.

Last edited:

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
Winter is still my favorite short program ever.
It was actually Yagudin´s winter SP at the Olympics in Salt Lake City that made me a figure skating fan. And I will always be grateful for that. Because this sport gave me so many beautiful moments :love:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Slightly OT, but Roman Savosin and Egor Murashov have revived their Skating Skills youtube channel with a new interview format called The Subscriber Is Unavailable. Their guests get five questions about figure skating and then they choose people from their phone contacts to answer them.
The first episode featured Vladimir Litvintsev and among others he called Yulia Lipnitskaya and chatterbox Moris K. :laugh: Second episode will air tonight with pairs skater Daria Pavlyuchenko and from what I've seen on social media, there will be an episode with Alyona Kostornaia soon.

Of course, I would like to see Skating Skills go back to publishing actual skating content (the jump battles and famous program recreations were epic and I missed Savosin's skating when he disappeared after RusNats), but these days I take what I can get.
Let's see who else they can get on board for the show.

ETA: After watching episode 2, I don't think Alyona Kostornaia will actually be on the show. It turns out that Dasha called her to answer one of the questions, so that was probably why Alyona was added in the promo posts.

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I'm happy the channel is back!

btw whatever happened with Egor Murashov country change? I remember rusfed didn't want to let him train at Moskvich any longer but clearly he is still in Moscow, so who is he coached by now?

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
btw whatever happened with Egor Murashov country change? I remember rusfed didn't want to let him train at Moskvich any longer but clearly he is still in Moscow, so who is he coached by now?
He is skating for Switzerland now (took second place at Swiss Nats) and his Swiss base is Lambiel's school in Champery.
But Murashov himself said he is still mainly training at Moskvich in Butsaeva and Kurbanov's group. No idea why RusFed is fine with Murashov still training in Russia but didn't extend the same curtesy to Samoilov, who they kicked out of the country rather unceremoniously.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'm happy the channel is back!

He even took part in "Lovers of Figure Skating" show which was organised by the Moscow Sports Department. Perhaps they managed to negotiate somehow?

y-PcMhNi4Yw.jpg

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Probably the Swiss fed is either directly paying or providing the funds for Murashov to train at Moskvich. I doubt RusFed or the Moscow fed are letting him train there as a charity project.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Slightly OT, but Roman Savosin and Egor Murashov have revived their Skating Skills youtube channel with a new interview format called The Subscriber Is Unavailable. Their guests get five questions about figure skating and then they choose people from their phone contacts to answer them.
The first episode featured Vladimir Litvintsev and among others he called Yulia Lipnitskaya and chatterbox Moris K. :laugh: Second episode will air tonight with pairs skater Daria Pavlyuchenko and from what I've seen on social media, there will be an episode with Alyona Kostornaia soon.

Of course, I would like to see Skating Skills go back to publishing actual skating content (the jump battles and famous program recreations were epic and I missed Savosin's skating when he disappeared after RusNats), but these days I take what I can get.
Let's see who else they can get on board for the show.
I saw it, but I have tuned out a few minutes in. They are adorable guys, and I like Litvintzev, but it was pretty boring.