2016 Lombardia Trophy Mens SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy Mens SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And now you all now how I felt about Ed Sheeran and Give Me Love.

Well I liked that in SPITE of the music. So yes. I have a feel Jason will have everyone in the arena crying and buying the Spectre soundtrack by season's end.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The Italian guy's costume seems like strongly influenced by Adam's one last season.

TMC

Record Breaker
Alessandro Fadini

Costume: basically a slightly-less-elaborate copy of Adam Rippon's last SP costume

Music: Carmina Burana

3A (two foot, stepout)
3F (fall)
FCCoSp
*pause for evil laugh sound effect)
3Lo (stepout)
StSq - *very dramaticke*
*screaming sound effects*
CCoSp

That was...heh. Dramatic, perhaps?

I love your PBPs :laugh2:

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I am not the only one to notice the costume.

And the hair!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
This song is awful, period

Sorry, I don't love Sam Smith in general but I love this song, program and costume. Too bad about 4T - looked <<? But he will have another shot at it on Sunday. The good news is that except for the bobble on the combo, he held the rest of the program together really well. So big improvement already over last season. Surprisingly low PCS though. It's about what Jin got for his SP last season. Given Shoma's moderate score of 86+, maybe scoring is coming back to earth this season?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Alessandro FADINI. What can I say?!

That was clearly the same recording of "O Fortuna" that we heard in Pairs earlier. And which I really enjoyed.

The difference is that this one used different cuts, and had a whole pile of weird sound effects added.

It was so strange having Big Ben chiming and a dog barking at the start. And then the stormy weather sounds throughout the rest of it.

He skated well. But, the sound effects made the whole thing very surreal.

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think it likely would be sneaky underhanded ways of messing with skaters...and I think some changes were made to Riverdance to accommodate them.

Nope nope nope, you're not going down this conspiracy path again. The USFS LOVES Jason.

It's also entirely possible that Apassionata was just a stop-gap until they were sure his back could handle the quad/Writing On the Wall.

Well I liked that in SPITE of the music. So yes. I have a feel Jason will have everyone in the arena crying and buying the Spectre soundtrack by season's end.

Exactly how I felt about Give Me Love - still hate the song, loved the program, catch myself singing it occasionally, dammit.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
LOL, thank you. Trying to provide those of us who can't be here with some of the *intracacies of the performance*. :p

They come in very handy to those of us who are not the forums during comps... I find the recaps you do very helpful in looking at comps i did not get to watch live.

TMC

Record Breaker
Sorry, I don't love Sam Smith in general but I love this song, program and costume. Too bad about 4T - looked <<? But he will have another shot at it on Sunday. The good news is that except for the bobble on the combo, he held the rest of the program together really well. So big improvement already over last season. Surprisingly low PCS though. It's about what Jin got for his SP last season. Given Shoma's moderate score of 86+, maybe scoring is coming back to earth this season?

Yeah, I should have added "in my opinion"! :yes:

I agree that the programme & costume are both brilliant! That falsetto just irks me :biggrin:

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

outside his ambitious technical elements his program is a bit empty and a bit less eye-catching at first glance than last season. When he does it cleanly he can be sure of a +100 score though. JMO

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well here's another SP that will have no music on YouTube.

LRK

Record Breaker
Purple Rain? Yep, the sound of this men's SP is going to be muted...