2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
2 yet again repeated warhorses. But I think there is potential, so let's wait and see :)

The FS is repeated for a third season, yes, but he only skated it once last season, anyway, so natural to keep it.

nocturnalis

Medalist
Don't want to harp in on the LGC subject too much on this thread but being that Yuzuru probably felt the need to ditch the 4S3T combo and bring back the 4T3T to raise consistency in the SP, in order for it not to be a downgrade he added the combo to the second half. Unfortunately, LGC was not made with two jump passes in the second half in mind, so the choreography changes that would need to happen would likely screw up timings and might worsen the program. This is probably the reason why he isn't repeating LGC and going for Chopin instead (and again), which was originally made for two jump passes in the second half. The sacrifices you need to make at the altar of CoP.

I'm going to miss LGC too, though.

See, that makes since. Outrage gone!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
See, that makes since. Outrage gone!

Oh my, finally the notification links send you to the actual reply and not the beginning of a thread!

Sorry for the :eek:topic: but I had to celebrate and this was my most recent notification. :biggrin:

Now back to your regular scheduled programs.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Free Dance 2017/18 H/D

Across the Sky Instrumental - Rag N' Bone Man
Caught Out In the Rain - Beth Hart

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU2BDpSFqDN/?taken-by=splashmadison
I think those are good choices for them. Probably someone will be dissatisfied that it's "slow" music again (as, apparently, for many people all slow music is the same no matter the genre or style), but I personally really liked their first ('Put a Spell On You') FD and have always wanted them to do a bluesy FD again. The blues portion in last season's SD only reinforced that thought.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
I think those are good choices for them. Probably someone will be dissatisfied that it's "slow" music again (as, apparently, for many people all slow music is the same no matter the genre or style), but I personally really liked their first ('Put a Spell On You') FD and have always wanted them to do a bluesy FD again. The blues portion in last season's SD only reinforced that thought.

I don´t love it but I had never heard these songs (which is a good sign), I need to hear it a few more times. I had not even heard Paradise before the Shibs announced their music, I guess I'm getting old :eek:hwell:.

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh my, finally the notification links send you to the actual reply and not the beginning of a thread!

Sorry for the :eek:topic: but I had to celebrate and this was my most recent notification. :biggrin:

Now back to your regular scheduled programs.

It does? Thank you for the heads up! - I'd stopped following the link ages ago, and just went to that thread instead - it was so much easier; so good to know. :)

Fresca

On the Ice
He does indeed fulfill many of the features you mention, but judges can also deduct -1 for a weak/unstable landing from the total GOE for the element. That would bring him to +1

LOL. There are many skaters that land with weak/unstable injury-inducing landings that get +2/+3 GEO without any other redeeming features other than that they were landed.

bramweld

Record Breaker
OTOH, IMHO, I think the Shibs FD direction is a mistake. The original was the best, I just think they might lose a bit of their sheen and intrigue come OG. But hey let's see what happens.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OTOH, IMHO, I think the Shibs FD direction is a mistake. The original was the best, I just think they might lose a bit of their sheen and intrigue come OG. But hey let's see what happens.

We don't even know the music or the structure of the FD. Paradise and Fix You don't even sound all that much alike rhythm or melody wise.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

As a massive fan of this song, I could be worried about what they want to do with it but oddly enough, I feel very confident. I like where they're going.

I'm actually "worried" for 3 teams :

Virtue/Moir (I hope no warhorses that they want to turn contemporary :/ or not another Sam Smith song !)
Weaver/Poje (I want them to have a say, not a 100% Morozov FD, exception okay if it's as good as I/K Swan Lake)
Bobrova/Soloviev (Their choreographer this year is different but I'm afraid it's different the weird way and not the good way...)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Free Dance 2017/18 H/D

Across the Sky Instrumental - Rag N' Bone Man
Caught Out In the Rain - Beth Hart

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU2BDpSFqDN/?taken-by=splashmadison

wow, I'm impressed by those choices alone...Intrigued by combination of songs and this blues-y direction they will pursue. There is no doubt for me that they can sell romance, seduction and chemistry on ice, but seeing the choice of FD made, I think they could have a very sophisticated, original and exciting package to sell emotions even better.

At Worlds in SD they proved that they're smooth and I really adore their step sequences and in-holds part - they just need to focus on overall execution and everything is possible. The FD will definitely stand out on the field, having not overused music nor this blues theme (at least nowadays). I do think that their SD could be also a nice, fresh surprise