2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

Nika09

On the Ice
"Dust in the wind" is amazing song and Patricks program gonna be beautiful! After all one warhorse choice is better than both.

I'm not a fan of Satoko's skating but should admit her new SP is just gorgeous! And this costume is my favorite so far. Wishing her much luck and hope she could do her best this season.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Satoko's SP looks amazing, so finely crafted and performed as always, but oh dear those jumps are not looking good :/ I hope she can get her form back in time, she's going to need her usual consistency with only two spots on the olympic team.

Karen sure brings the hype in hers huh! That triple-triple looked huge, and that spiral at the end... chills!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Satoko's SP looks amazing, so finely crafted and performed as always, but oh dear those jumps are not looking good :/ I hope she can get her form back in time, she's going to need her usual consistency with only two spots on the olympic team.

Karen sure brings the hype in hers huh! That triple-triple looked huge, and that spiral at the end... chills!

This is breaking my heart. I hope it's because it's an ice show and total off-season and she still probably isn't quite there yet. I was never Satoko's biggest fan but that program is just beautiful. And she skates with a maturity the other japanese girls still don't possess, I want her at the Olympics, she really does deserve it, so I hope her jumps will come back. Her famed consistency I'm not quite sure of this season, but hopefully she can deliver at japanese Nationals which are half a year away still.

Ender

Match Penalty
I think people shouldn't worry much, it's still early season. Skaters haven't peaked yet.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I love Memoirs of a Geisha and this dress is by far the most gorgeous costume I've ever seen Satoko wear! Black looks great on her.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Whaaa....goosebumps! Consider this is one of my sentimental fav program of all time for Yuna Kim in her senior debut. She sure is a braveheart to pick this one, the comparison will be there. Hope Karen can get to showcase it coming Olympics in S.Korea. Yes yes you can do it Karen!! :agree:

Look forward to seeing the closeup version! Facial expressions!! Costume details (looks great from afar). Can't wait to see how the program progresses (choreographically acknowledge music highlight better), but this is a great start.

Satoko, another victim of Figure Skater While Asian Female Syndrome (Stuck with at least another Miss Saigon, Memoir of a Geisha, Madam butterfly etc..). Oh well. Still...a nice program, Satoko. Some lovely touches. Can't go wrong with another John Williams after Star Wars. Hope you recuperate well and get to skate your best this season.

ioanna

Record Breaker
This is breaking my heart. I hope it's because it's an ice show and total off-season and she still probably isn't quite there yet. I was never Satoko's biggest fan but that program is just beautiful. And she skates with a maturity the other japanese girls still don't possess, I want her at the Olympics, she really does deserve it, so I hope her jumps will come back. Her famed consistency I'm not quite sure of this season, but hopefully she can deliver at japanese Nationals which are half a year away still.

Just to put things into perspective, she only started to jump again about 3 weeks ago and although the injury is mostly healed, there's still an area of inflammation and she still jumps very carefully.

polenka84

Rinkside
Nothing related to choreo or to Rohene.

Are you guys wondering if Ro is doing Mariah's choreo this year? I could be wrong--he could have made a trip to Cali that I wasn't aware of...but I'm pretty sure he is not doing her choreo this year. Mariah certainly hasn't been back in Monument at all for choreo.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Isn't Carmen a 3-hour opera? Why did they choose the same predictable music edits that everyone else uses??😴😩😔

I'm curious: why do u have to wear black and red for Carmen? Does it have to do with the original opera?

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Isn't Carmen a 3-hour opera? Why did they choose the same predictable music edits that everyone else uses??😴😩😔

I'm curious: why do u have to wear black and red for Carmen? Does it have to do with the original opera?

Because skaters want to pick the most dramatic and melodic pieces for a coherent 4 minute program. Many skaters have used different pieces but there are some pieces that are constant. It's been a while since I heard a skater use "Habanera". As for black and red, it's pretty iconic costuming for the character of Carmen.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are you guys wondering if Ro is doing Mariah's choreo this year? I could be wrong--he could have made a trip to Cali that I wasn't aware of...but I'm pretty sure he is not doing her choreo this year. Mariah certainly hasn't been back in Monument at all for choreo.

This may not be the thread for this, but evidently Mariah is working with Philip Mills this year:

https://www.facebook.com/LakeForest...107268703902/1380107242037238/?type=3&theater

(h/t to Gullygirl for the head's up in the Team KoRo Fan Fest)

Assuming that she is not doing any programs with Rohene, I think this is a mistake for Mariah, as I think without Rohene's choreo she would not have had the success she had last year. But we shall see. And it may explain her WD in addition to what she told the USFS Q & A.