2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

Danielle

Spectator
"Next season, I chose to skate to Turandot for my LP. I used this music in my first senior season and have a lot of memories with it. I really love this music and can't wait to perform it again. I think I'm going to be experiencing difficulties, but also satisfaction skating to Turandot again, but I want to show my growth in my level, since the last time I performed it. "

Shoma from his website about next season's LP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perfume

Match Penalty
I fear now Hanyu will skate to R&J again :laugh2:
But I would be totally in for upgraded Seimei :agree::agree: in my opinion this program deserves Olympic moment
Hanyu will have something familiar but still classical and he will stand out.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I fear now Hanyu will skate to R&J again :laugh2:

But I would be totally in for upgraded Seimei :agree::agree: in my opinion this program deserves Olympic moment

Unpopular opinion, but I would love another season of Hope & Legacy. Joe Hisaishi's music always makes me think of japanese mountains and forests. I really like the choices Yuzuru made in the last two seasons, and can't wait to see what he comes up with next. I think I read somewhere that Brian Orser has chosen something different for the Olympics, but I think this season's programs were already Olympic calibre! A return to Seimei would be great, too, but somehow I doubt it.

Regarding Shoma. Has this ever happened before? That someone deliberately goes back to his program from one season ago? And not changes mid-season? I'm still not so happy about it, but maybe he will use another music cut. And I certainly hope they will change bits of the choreography. The way they changed the layout for Worlds contributed to the disastrous skate and his 7 Place finish. Perhaps he feels like there is some unfinished business with this program?

Last edited:

Perfume

Match Penalty
Unpopular opinion, but I would love another season of Hope & Legacy. Joe Hisaishi's music always makes me think of japanese mountains and forests. I really like the choices Yuzuru made in the last two seasons, and can't wait to see what he comes up with next. I think I read somewhere that Brian Orser has chosen something different for the Olympics, but I think this season's programs were already Olympic calibre! A return to Seimei would be great, too, but somehow I doubt it.
Hanyu will have non-warhorse music but still very classical. I heard that David Wilson will choreograph for him. I think he already understands that Hanyu wants something distinctive but still friendly to people. After all those years I do think he has learned.

sarama

Medalist
I actually loved his Puccini LP, I think given his improvement since then, + a new costume =(please don't be green)

Green is the traditional colour for Calaf (the male protagonist of Turandot), so I believe it wasn't a random choice. But maybe he'll choose something different this time

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Vincerò! How could he not go back to it? I was expecting it. Shoma :thumbsup:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
:laugh:

Actually I would love to see a "Wicked" competitive program... It might be cheesy but we've seen far worse

It's still my unfulfilled dream that Kolyada's FS would be to Wicked (especially Defying Gravity even though Popular would be more his style).
And about Shoma... Turandot isn't my fav program of his. But maybe it's because I don't really like the music and had to mute it :sarcasm:
I don't mind Vivaldi. I think it will really suit him and if few month ago somebody asked me about the warhorse which would be perfect for him I'd answer "Four Seasons"

And I hope Yuzu won't skate to R&J. I have allergy to this music and if I listen to "Kissing you" or "un giorno per noi" one more time I'll write a petition to ISU with request to ban this piece permanently. To be clear... I really enjoyed Hanyu's 2012 program but now I think this music is overused.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Good choice for Shoma, I am looking forward to it. I wonder if he chooses the same music cut as two seasons ago or goes for other parts. He didn't specify in the interview if the music cut is going to be identical, or did he?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Not a fan of revisiting a previous program. I get Shoma is comfortable with it (and he's certainly not the first to use a former program for the Olympics) but he's capable of so much more. I was enjoying seeing a firey side of him.

Also hoping Hanyu's classical piece has more intensity to it than H&L - I was a huge fan of Seimei and something like that seems more appropriate as an Olympic vehicle. Also more intense music seems to spur him to skate with greater firmness in his arms and commitment to his movements.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Is it possible that this wil be an entirely new program for Shoma, different music different choreo, but just the same Opera to cut from?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Is it possible that this wil be an entirely new program for Shoma, different music different choreo, but just the same Opera to cut from?

He says he will skate it 'again', the same music as in his debut season, which sounds like Nessun Dorma to me. I doubt it will be a different piece.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
He says he will skate it 'again', the same music as in his debut season, which sounds like Nessun Dorma to me. I doubt it will be a different piece.

Oh well, I'm all for variety, but at least his SP is new. Skaters often re-use programs, especially during the olympic season.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh well, I'm all for variety, but at least his SP is new. Skaters often re-use programs, especially during the olympic season.

Yes, but probably most don't reuse their debut LP. Shoma had just had two LP's Nessun Dorma and Ballada para un Loco. I don't want to sound too negative before I see it, but can't deny it's a bit of a downer, for me personally.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yes, but probably most don't reuse their debut LP. Shoma had just had two LP's Nessun Dorma and Ballada para un Loco. I don't want to sound too negative before I see it, but can't deny it's a bit of a downer, for me personally.

:console: We'll have to wait and see. I'm biting my nails thinking of the possible warhorses the rest of my faves will choose.
-Will Yuzu decide to go for R+J again? :laugh:
-Will Evgenia have to skate to the sound effects some tragic catastrophy?
-Will Mai Mihara decide that since Cinderella was so well received she will now be Belle? (this is not a warhorse, so maybe...ok)
-Will anyone think that since it had a full season off, it's time to bring back Dadadadaduuuuum...POTO! Side-eye to Mura :palmf:

Last edited:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
:console: We'll have to wait and see. I'm biting my nails thinking of the possible warhorses the rest of my faves will choose.
-Will Yuzu decide to go for R+J again? :laugh:
-Will Evgenia have to skate to the sound effects some tragic catastrophy?
-Will Mai Mihara decide that since Cinderella was so well received she will now be Belle? (this is not a warhorse, so maybe...ok)
-Will anyone think that since it had a full season off, it's time to bring back Dadadadaduuuuum...POTO! Side-eye to Mura :palmf:

1. Please no...
2. I've watched recently interview with Eteri and I couldn't find any more traumatic incidents in her life which could inspire Averbukh. Besides Daniil is in choreographic team as well so maybe we won't get anything too depressing
3. Better Belle than the next La La Land