2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 91 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just watched V/M's FD practice again. One thing I love about the Roxanne part is how their footwork is perfectly choreographed to the music. See this part right here: https://youtu.be/uFinvtYxiMs?t=88
They each follow a different beat or melody (lyrics, music, etc) and it works perfectly.

Yes! The whole program really builds toward that. Another moment I love is at 2:14 when Tessa hurls herself in a back flip into Scott's arms. Wow. I saw it for the first time (via stream) last night. So impressive. Their SD, however, doesn't do anythiing for me. YMMV.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was always time for them to get a new program. From the moment returning to "Muse" crossed into someone's brain.

Really, the short is a nice vehicle. Lets get more new programs! (I want to put up a cheering icon but all the icons are down for some reason).

The short is gorgeous. I think it's due to both John Kerr's choreo, and John Zimmerman's "new eyes" on them and bringing out something in them that's previously been unseen. Zimmerman is a genius coach that way.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think you mixed up Duhamel and Radford (Muse) and James and Cipres.

My understanding is that D/R are still being coached by Bruno Marcotte, but are also working with John Zimmerman. They wanted "new eyes" on their skating. See Bruno's recent GS interview; I'm pretty sure he talked about it; but it was announced by D/R some time earlier. Well, I think that's right ... of course I could be in some alternate reality, but I don't think so. :)

okay, I checked their Fan Fest. 4everchan spoke also in a recent post about their working with John Kerr and Zimmerman.

pearly

Record Breaker
Ok, I thought Julie choreographed their programs. I missed the part about Kerr and Zimmerman. Interesting.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A lot of pair teams competing at Nebelhorn have updated their bios. We now have firm info on Tarasova and Morosov. Savchenko and Massot have gotten lots of choreographic eyes on their programs, too:" choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky"

No.NameNation
1Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR
SP: Paint It Black performed by Hidden Citizen; choreo by I. Tchiniaev
FS: Tango in the Park (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Randy Edelman, The Business of Love (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Domino, You Would Be My Baby (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Vanessa Williams, Hey Pachuco (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Straight Up; choreo by Irina Zhuk
AUS
2Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
SP: Sunshine on Leith; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: "Yellow," and "Fix You," cover versions of a Coldplay medley; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUT
3Tatiana DANILOVA / Mikalai KAMIANCHUK
SP: Sherlock (TV series soundtrack) by David Arnold, Michael Price
FS: Games of Thrones (soundtrack) by Ramin Djawadi
BLR
4Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE
SP: "Oblivion" by Astor Piazzolla, performed by Marisa Lemcke; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Earth Song by Michael Jackson / "Home" by Armand Amar (reprise of 2016-17 LP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAND
5Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR
SP: "LA 40" by the Mozart Tango Players (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Maurizio Margaglio
FS: Once Upon a Time (from "Nouba" - Cirque du Soleil), La Nouba (from "Nouba" - Cirque du Soleil), Pearl (from "Kooza" - Cirque du Soleil), Klezmer Moment (from "Corteo" - Cirque du Soleil); choreo by Rotislav Sinicyn
CZE
6Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM
SP: "A Day in the Life" by Paul McCartney, John Lennon, performed by Jeff Beck (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Je ne suis qu'une chanson" by Diane Justler, performed by Ginette Reno; choreo by Julie Marcotte
PRK
7Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT
SP: "Big Spender" from Sweet Charity by Cy Coleman and Dorothy Fields; choreo by Mark Pillay, Aliona Savchenko
FS: Romeo & Juliet soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Mark Pillay, Aliona Savchenko
GERD
8Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
SP: Ameksa - Fuego by Taalbi Brothers, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
FS: "La Terre vue du ciel by Armand Amar, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
GERD
9Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI
SP: It's A Man's World performed by Seal; choreo by Mark Hanretty
FS: Who Wants To Live Forever performed by The Tenors ft. Lindsey Stirling; choreo by Mark Hanretty
GBR
10Darja BEKLEMISCSEVA / Mark MAGYAR
SP: The Deer by Woodkid, choreo by Alexander Gazsi
FS: "Listen" from the Dreamgirls soundtrack by Beyoncé, and "One Night Only" by Beyoncé Knowles, Sharon Leal, Anika Noni Rose; choreo by Alexander Gazsi
HUN
11Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI
SP: Ghost, the musical; choreo by Galit Chait
FS: Schindler's List soundtrack by John Williams; choreo by Galit Chait
ISR
12Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET
SP: "Sakura" (Spring Blossom) by Naotaro Moriyama, performed by Andre Rieu (Reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: Beatles medley: "Girl," "Let It Be" (cover),"All My Loving," "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (cover); choreo by Julie Marcotte
JPN
13Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM
SP: Queen medley: "Another One Bites the Dust," "We Will Rock You;" choreo by Yeaji Shin
FS: Across the Universe Soundtrack, including "Girl" & "Hey Jude" by The Beatles; choreo by Yeaji Shin
KOR
14Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
SP: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
FS: Candyman by Christina Aguilera; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
RUSD
15Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU
SP: "Unchained Melody" from the Ghost soundtrack; choreo by Valter Rizzo, Lukas Csolley
FS: Romeo and Juliet by Abel Kornzeniowski, including "Come Gentle Night," "The Cheek of the Night," and "A Thousand Times Goodnight; choreo by Valter Rizzo, Lukas Csolley
ESP
16Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC
SP: I’ll Take Care of You” as covered by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa; choreo by Serge Onik and Cordero Zuckerman
FS: Bang Bang (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack), Young and Beautiful (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack), A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack; choreo by Serge Onik, G. & S. Arena,and Cordero Zuckerman
USAD

Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, I thought Julie choreographed their programs. I missed the part about Kerr and Zimmerman. Interesting.

Julie Marcotte is listed as the choreographer for FS Muse program. According to the Autumn Classic GS thread.

For the SP, choreo is by Julie Marcotte and John Kerr.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Important stuff..

Is there a thread anywhere that explains how the qualification system at nebelhorn works? Is it the first 5 teams that aren't a D get the spot? And if you don't qualify but your team does and needs a pair do you still get to go and compete only in the team event?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
From Nebelhorn bio updates for the men:

Alexander Johnson USA
SP: "Legends" by Sacred Spirit; choreo by Tom Dickson
FS: Aranjuez performed by Jorge Muniz, Jose Luis Duval; choreo by Tom Dickson

Nicky Obreykov BUL
SP: "The Question of U" by Prince; choreo by Romain Gazave
FS: Hip Hop Violin Medley, "Beauty From Afar, " "Thunder" by Nuttin' but Stringz; choreo by Romain Gazave

Nicholas Vrdoljak CRO
SP: "Black Cat, White Cat" (soundtrack) by Goran Bregovic; choreo by Marina Gromova
FS: "Welcome to the Machine" by Pink Floyd, "Coming Back to Life" by Pink Floyd; choreo by Marina Gromova

Harrison Jon-Yen Wong HKG
SP: "To Build A Home" by Cinematic Orchestra; choreo by Scott Brown
FS: "Concierto de Aranjuez," "En Aranjuez con tu amor;" choreo by Scott Brown

Conor Stakelum IRL
SP: The Red Violin by John Corigliano; choreo by Andrew Smith
FS: "Chasing Cars" by Cinematic Pop, "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol; choreo by Andrew Smith

Thomas Kennes NED
SP: Hallelujah; choreo by Benoit Richaud
FS: Ghost (musical soundtrack); choreo by Benoit Richaud

Igor Reznichenko POL
SP: "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran; choreo by Valentin Molotov, Olga Glinka, R. Sinicyn
FS: "La Strada" by Nino Rota; choreo by Valentin Molotov, Olga Glinka, R. Sinicyn

Burak Demirboga TUR
SP: Another Love; choreo by Ali Demirboga
FS: Grande Amore; choreo by Ali Demirboga

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So many additions on Nebelhorn ladies, I am pasting in the whole table.

No.NameNation
1Anastasia GALUSTYAN
SP: "I Dreamed a Dream," performed by Susan Boyle (2016-17 program)
FS: Anna Karenina (soundtrack)?
(music from 2016/17 season)
ARM
2Kailani CRAINE
SP: Dream a Little Dream of Me performed by Ella Fitzgerald, One Day (Swingrowers Remix) performed by Caro Emerald; choreo by Alex Chang (last season's program)
FS: Moulin Rouge (soundtrack); choreo by Alex Chang
AUS
3Kerstin FRANK
SP: "Swing Swing Swing" by Keely Smith, "Sing Sing Sing" by Louis Prima; choreo by Massimo Scali, Yuka Sato, Corrado Giordani
FS: The Great Gatsby (soundtrack); choreo by Massimo Scali, Yuka Sato, Corrado Giordani
AUT
4Kim CHEREMSKY
SP: Just For You by Giovanni Marrad; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
FS: Magnificent Century (soundtrack); choreo by Nikolai Morozov
AZE
5Isadora WILLIAMS
SP: "Hallelujah" performed by k.d. lang
FS: "Nyah" (from "Mission Impossible 2" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer
BRA
6Presiyana DIMITROVA
SP: "Padam Padam" performed by Zaz; choreo by Ina Lutai
FS: "Creep" by Radiohead; choreo by Ina Lutai
BUL
7Amy LIN
SP: Snake Women (from "Iris" - Cirque du Soleil) by Danny Elfman; choreo by Tom Dickson and Marina Klimova
FS: "Juliet's Aria" ("Sono Andati" by Giacomo Puccini) from the "Heavenly Creatures" soundtrack, performed by Kate Winslet, "Musetta's Waltz" from "La Boheme" by Giacomo Puccini, "La Boheme" by Giacomo Puccini; choreo by Tom Dickson and Marina Klimova
TPE
8Elizaveta UKOLOVA
SP: Symphony No. 40 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; choreo by Frank Dehne, Rostislav Sinicyn
FS: "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" (from "Evita") by Andrew Llyod Webber, Tim Rice, performed by Madonna; choreo by Frank Dehne, Rostislav Sinicyn
CZE
9Pernille SORENSEN
SP: "Rock and Roll (Part 2)" by Gary Glitter, "Sparkling Diamonds" by Baz Luhmann; choreo by Kalle Strid (SP)
FS: "Life Must Have Its Mysteries" ("Inferno" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer, "Archangel" by Two Steps from Hell; choreo by Mike Aldred (FS)
DEN
10Kristina SHKULETA-GROMOVA
SP: "Stone Cold" by Demi Lovato; choreo by Valentin Molotov
FS: "Earthguale" (soundtrack) performed by Aiko; choreo by Valentin Molotov
EST
11Viveca LINDFORS
SP: Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by Shanetta Folle, Sari Hakola
FS: Cinderella (soundtrack) by Patrick Doyle; choreo by Shanetta Folle, Sari Hakola
FIN
12Nathalie WEINZIERL
SP: "Caruso," performed by Lara Fabian; choreo by Edoardo de Bernadis, Francesca Cotogni
FS: "Four Seasons" by Antonio Vivaldi; choreo by Edoardo de Bernadis, Francesca Cotogni
GERD
13Natasha MCKAY
SP: "El Tango de Roxanne" (Moulin Rouge soundtrack); choreo by Andrew Smith
FS: "Rondo Capriccioso" by Camille Saint-Saens; choreo by Andrew Smith
GBR
14Dimitra KORRI
SP: "Touch" by Daft Punk feat. Paul Williams, "Lose Yourself to Dance" by Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams; choreo by Misha Ge, Massimo Scali, Rohene Ward
FS: "D'Artagnan" by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Misha Ge, Massimo Scali, Rohene Ward
GRE
15Joanna SO
SP: "All That Jazz" (from "Chicago") by John Kander, Fred Ebb; choreo by Constanze Paulinus
FS: Beauty and the Beast (soundtrack) performed by Lindsey Stirling; choreo by Constanze Paulinus
HKG
16Aimee BUCHANAN
SP: Only Hope by Mandy Moore from the 2002 movie, A Walk to Remember; choreo by Evgueni Nemirovski
FS: Romantic Rhapsody by Andre Mathieu, performed by pianist Alain Lefevre; choreo by Evgueni Nemirovski
ISR
17Romana KAISER
SP: Desert Flower (soundtrack) by Martin Todsharow; choreo by Salome Brunner
FS: Orinoco Flow (Sail Away) by Enya; choreo by Salome Brunner
LIE
18Aleksandra GOLOVKINA
SP: Frida soundtrack: Benediction and Dream; choreo by Elena Maslennikova
FS: Adagio from Concerto No. 23 in A by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Romeo and Juliet by Abel Korzeniowski (her 2016-17 program); choreo by Elena Maslennikova
LTU
19Aina Sorfina MOHD AMINUDIN
SP: "Sway," performed by The Pussycat Dolls; choreo by Kelly Johnson, Jennifer Tan
FS: "El Tango De Roxanne" from Moulin Rounge (soundtrack); choreo by Kelly Johnson, Jennifer Tan
MAS
20Sofia DEL RIO
SP: "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica; choreo by Olga Volozhinskaia
FS: "The Storm" by Havasi; choreo by Olga Volozhinskaia
MEX
21Niki WORIES
SP: "California Dreaming;" choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "It's A Man's World;" choreo by Julie Marcotte
NED
22Anne Line GJERSEM
SP: Angel By The Wings" by Sia; choreo by Michael Huth
FS: Experience by Ludovico Einaudi, Circles by Greta Svabo Bech; choreo by Michael Huth
NOR
23Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO
SP: "Perhaps Perhaps" by the Pussycat Dolls; choreo by Shawn Sawyer
FS: Les Parapluies de Cherbourg soundtrack by Michel Legrand; choreo by Shawn Sawyer
PHI
24Elzbieta GABRYSZAK
SP: "Big Spender," performed by Shirley Bassey; choreo by Sebastian Kolasinski
FS: "Who Wants to Live Forever" by Queen, performed by The Tenors, Lindsey Stirling; choreo by Sebastian Kolasinski
POL
25Julia SAUTER
SP: Burlesque (soundtrack): "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" performed by Cher, "Show Me How You Burlesque" performed by Christina Aguilera; choreo by Amani Fancy
FS: "Jumping Jack," performed by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, "Circles," "Booty Swing" by Parov Stelar; choreo by Amani Fancy
ROU
26Antonina DUBININA
SP: "Tango Princess" by Julie Zenatti; choreo by M. Romanenko, E. Maslennikova, V. Bondarenko
FS: "Hijo de La Luna," rock cover version; choreo by M. Romanenko, E. Maslennikova, V. Bondarenko
SRB
27Shuran YU
SP: Selection by Jethro Tull, "Maria Maria" by Wyclef Jean; choreo by Song Gao
FS: "Young and Beautiful" (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack), "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody" (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack; choreo by Song Gao
SGP
28Dasa GRM
SP: "Blucobalto" by Negramaro, "Sax" by Fleur East
FS: "Pamit" by Tulus, "Eden Roc" by Ludovico Einaudi, "Human" by Christina Perri; choreo by Barbara Riboldi, Lorenzo Magri
SLO
29Kathryn WINSTANLEY
SP: "Too Darn Hot" by Cole Porter, performed by Ella Fitzgerald; choreo by Danielle Rose, Oula Jaaskelainen, Alexei Ishenko
FS: "La Forza del Destino" by Giuseppe Verdi; choreo by Danielle Rose, Oula Jaaskelainen, Alexei Ishenko
RSA
30Matilda ALGOTSSON
SP: "Turn to Stone," by Ingrid Michaelson; choreo by Regina Jensen
FS: "Minnie the Moocher," performed by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, "At Last," performed by Beyoncé, and "Jumpin' Jack," performed by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; choreo by Regina Jensen
SWE
31Alexia PAGANINI
SP: Forbidden Love, from the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack ( 2013), by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
FS: The Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber, performed by Anthony Inglis & London Symphony Orchestra; choreo by Nikolai Morozov
SUI
32Thita LAMSAM
SP: Tale of Princess Kaguya (soundtrack) by Joe Hisaishi; choreo by Mika Sakagami
FS: Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by Mika Sakagami
THA
33Sila SAYGI
SP: Night Train by Alvino Rey; choreo by Kutay Eryoldas
FS: Frida (soundtrack) by Elliot Goldendthal; choreo by Kutay Eryoldas
TUR
34Anna KHNYCHENKOVA
SP "Sorongo," "Street Passions" by Didulia; choreo by Nadezhda Krasniak
FS: "California Dreamin' " performed by Sia; choreo by Nadezhda Krasniak
UKR
35Zahra LARI
SP: "Pierrot and the Moon" by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Alexandra Ievleva
FS: The Weeping Meadow (soundtrack); choreo by Alexandra Ievleva
UAE

QuadThrow

Medalist
A lot of pair teams competing at Nebelhorn have updated their bios. We now have firm info on Tarasova and Morosov. Savchenko and Massot have gotten lots of choreographic eyes on their programs, too:" choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky"

Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
SP: Ameksa - Fuego by Taalbi Brothers, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
FS: "La Terre vue du ciel by Armand Amar, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
Just cannot wait. The music choices are spectacular.

Some other German fans have already watched the programs and said that the Free
skate is unbelieveable good with insane lifts.

Aljona has choreographed for the second German pair Hocke/Blommaert.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Here's what I have for the men at Autumn Classic:

No.NameNation
1Andrew DODDS
SP: Jekyll and Hyde soundtrack: This is the Moment by Frank Wildhorn and Leslie Bricusse
FS: Schindler's List soundtrack
AUS
2Jordan DODDS
SP: The Feeling Begins (Passion - Last Temptation of Christ) by Peter Gabriel; choreo by Margaret Nicholls
FS: Io ci saro by Andrea Bocelli and Lang Lang
AUS
WDElladj BALDE
SP: "The Sound of Silence" by Disturbed (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "I've Been Loving You Too Long" by Otis Redding , "Get Up Offa That Thing" by James Brown, "Coming Home" by Leon Bridges, "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars
CAN
4Keegan MESSING
SP: "Singing in the Rain" (Last season's program)
FS: Chaplin-themed program, including "Smile"
CAN
5Nam NGUYEN
SP: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
FS: An American in Paris (plus "Love is Here to Stay" in middle) by George Gershwin (2016-17 LP); choreo by David Wilson
CAN
6Meng Ju LEE
SP: Night Vision by Lindsey Stirling
FS: "Nobody Home" by Pink Floyd, performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra; "The Mannequin's Romance" by Deixis
TPE
7Peter LIEBERS
SP: Way Down We Go by Kaleo
FS: Theme from "Schindler's List" (soundtrack) by John Williams, Prelude in C-sharp minor by Sergei Rachmaninov, Hatikva (Hope); choreo by Lori Nichol, Shin Amano ( 2016-17 program)
GER
8Harry MATTICK
SP: Suite Bergamasque: Clair de Lune (Remasterpiece remix) performed by Kun Woo Paik
FS: Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack
GBR
9Mark GORODNITSKY
SP Diego, libre dans sa tete by Michel Berger, performed by Johnny Hallyday Band; choreo by Andrei Berezintsev
LP Per Te performed by Josh Groban; choreo by Andrei Berezintsev
ISR
10Yuzuru HANYU
SP: Ballade No. 1 in G Minor, Plus 23, by Chopin (2014-2015 program); choreo by Jeffrey Buttle
FS: Seimei (Onmyoji soundtrack by Shigeru Umebayashi) 2015-16 LP with new music cuts
JPN
11Daisuke MURAKAMI
SP "Bring Him Home;" Les Misérables soundtrack; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP Pagliacci, performed by Andrea Bocelli (2016-17 LP); choreo by Lori Nichol
JPN
12Javier FERNANDEZ
SP: Charlie Chaplin medley (revamped from 2012-13 FS): Smile, Main Title theme from Modern Times
FS: Man of La Mancha soundtrack: Overture, Man of La Mancha, Dulcinea, The Impossible Dream
ESP
WDJavier RAYAESP
14Tim HUBER
SP: "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran
FS: "Your Song" by Bernie Taupin & Elton John, cover version
SUI
15Ross MINER
SP: "Downtown" by Macklemore; choreo by Jamie Isley, Adam Blake
FS: Queen medley (reusing 2016-17 LP): Somebody To Love, Love Of My Life, Crazy Little Thing Called Love; choreo by Jamie Isley, Adam Blake
USA
16Misha GE
SP: Ave Maria by Ikuko Kawai
FS: Méditation from Thaïs
UZB

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Dance at Autumn Classic

No.NameNation
WDTeodora MARKOVA / Simon DAZEBUL
2Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
SD: Bossa Cubano by Los Zafiros, Gopher by Yam Sumac
FD: Stolen Hearts from an album called "Film Noir: Vintage Cinema Classics; includes the theme song from the Perry Mason TV show; " choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
CAN
3Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
SD: "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones; Hotel California by The Eagles; You and I by Carlos Santana; choreo by Marie France Dubreuil
FD: Moulin Rouge; choreo by David Wilson, Sam Chouinard
CAN
4Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
SD: Tango by Dianne Reeves, Do You Only Wanna Dance by Cucco Primo
FD: Adagio from Spartacus; choreo by Lori Nichol & Linda Garneau
CAN
5Nicole KUZMICHOVA / Alexandr SINICYN
SD Magalenha by Antonio Carlos, Fly Love by Jamie Fox, Mas Que Nada by Jorge Ben; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs, Rostislav Sinicyn
FD Willkommen (from "Cabaret") by John Kander, Money (from "Cabaret") by John Kander, Mein Herr (from "Cabaret") by John Kander; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguljaevs, Rostislav Sinicyn
CZE
6Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN
SD: Search for the Vulcan by Leroy Holmes, Rhumba: "Whatever Lola Wants" performed by Carmen McRae, Rhumba: "Whatever Lola Wants" performed by Les Baxter, Mambo: "The Peter Gunn Theme," performed by Jack Costanzo
FD: "Spanish Caravan" by Spams, "Spanish Caravan" by the Doors
DEN
WDKate Louise BAGNALL / Benjamin ALLAINFRA
8Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC
SD: Salsation by David Shire, Rhumba, Salsation by David Shire
FD: " You Take My Breath Away," by Queen; "Another One Bites the Dust," by Queen
FRA
WDAdel TANKOVA / Ronald ZILBERBERG
SD: Cha Cha: "Banca Banca" by E-Type, Rhumba: "Mas Que Nada" performed by Gracinha Leporace, Servio Mendes from the "Rio" soundtrack
FD: "Deliver Us" performed by Ofra Haza and Eden Riegel, from the Prince of Egypt soundtrack
ISR
10Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO
SD: Hips Don't Lie by Shakira & Wyclef Jean, Hay Amores by Antonio Pinto, La La La by Shakira
FD: Créditos - La Identidad Inaccessible by Alberto Iglesias, Por el Amor de Amar (Necesito Amor) by Concha Buika, Poeta En El Viento by Vicente Amigo
ESP
11Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ
SD: Samba: One to Eight, Cha Cha Rhumba, "Bailar" by Elvis Crespo; choreo by Ginette Coumoyer, Marie F. Dubreuil,
FD: It's A Man's Man's Man's World performed by Seal, Composition by Karl Hugo, You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman performed by Amanda Brown; choreo by Ginette Coumoyer, Marie F. Dubreuil,
ESP
12Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
SD: Mambo Italiano" by Orietta Berti , "El Perdedor" by Enrique Iglesias , "Big Bagz" by Alex Romano; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov and Natalia Skorikova
FD: Argentine Tango (Anime Contro Vento by Medialuna Tango Project ); choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov and Natalia Skorikova
USA

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pairs at Autumn Classic

No.NameNation
1Paris STEPHENS / Matthew DODDS
SP: "Black Velvet" by Alannah Myles; choreo by Margaret Nicholls
FS: "Everybody Hurts" performed by the cast of Burn the Floor
AUS
2Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
SP: "With or Without You" (U2 cover) by April Meservy; choreo by Julie Marcotte and John Kerr
FS: Muse (reprise of 2014-2015 FS); choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
3Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU
SP: "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Lorde; choreo (in part?) by Samuel Chouinard
FS: Where's My Love (SYML); choreo by David Wilson and Marie-France Dubreuil
CAN
4Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
SP: "Make It Rain" by Ed Sheeran
FS: "Say Something" by Christina Aguilera
FRA
5Kyueun KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAM
SP: Historia de un Amor, Mambo No.8
FS: Man of La Mancha soundtrack, including "The Impossible Dream"
KOR
6Jessica CALALANG / Zack SIDHU
SP: Kiss by Prince
FS: Carmen
USA
7Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN
SP: "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys (reprise of 2016-17 SP)
FS: "Woman" by Shawn Phillips; choreo by Julie Marcotte
USA

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Papadakis/Cizeron (FRA)
SD: Shape of You and Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, choreo. by Christopher Dean
FD: Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven, choreo. by Marie-France Dubreuil

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I can see now why they want to rename the SD to 'rhythm dance'. Some teams are just not going to get that flavour the ISU asks for and instead focus solely on the rhythm.

Roast Toast

Medalist
I can see now why they want to rename the SD to 'rhythm dance'. Some teams are just not going to get that flavour the ISU asks for and instead focus solely on the rhythm.

At last year's Worlds, the judges awarded the first place and a new world record in the SD to V/M, who weren't using hip hop music for their hip hop program. The year before that, they awarded the first place (again at Worlds) to P/C, who weren't using a proper waltz for their waltz SD. I don't think the rules are changing to favour any team -- the judges already clearly couldn't care less about "flavour".

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'll reserve full judgment until I actually see it, but :unsure: about doing any Latin dance to Ed Sheeran.

Last edited: