Alena Kostornaia | Page 71 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

macy

Record Breaker

Hello from Brazil

On the Ice
what is the purpose of skating up a level here? to help prepare for Rus Nats? is shcherbakova competing as a senior at nationals?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
The age system in Russia eia different from the ISU. 14yo girls are already eligible for competing in seniors. Last season Alena won the Russian cup final as a senior. Last month Anna competed in the 2nd stage of the Russian cup (where she landed the 2 4Lz) , already as a senior. So, Sasha and Alena are the ones at the correct level, I don't get why Anna is not with them.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
The age system in Russia eia different from the ISU. 14yo girls are already eligible for competing in seniors. Last season Alena won the Russian cup final as a senior. Last month Anna competed in the 2nd stage of the Russian cup (where she landed the 2 4Lz) , already as a senior. So, Sasha and Alena are the ones at the correct level, I don't get why Anna is not with them.
it could be a lot of reasons. not enough spots from the Moscow region. or They didn't plan for Anna to compete here and didn't put the application in time.
anyway, It's just a practice - competition for all 3 girls. All 3 of them have already qualified for Junior Nationals and Senior Nationals.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Our girl did her absolute best at the Cup of Russia in the short today, and currently leads with a score of 76.99 ahead of Sasha and Nastya Gubanova!! :love:

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
Kostornaia overtook Trusova ... now Trusova is upset, tomorrow it will be a massacre, she will skate seriously to overcome her world record.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Our girl did her absolute best at the Cup of Russia in the short today, and currently leads with a score of 76.99 ahead of Sasha and Nastya Gubanova!! :love:

Her performance was amazing, it stole my entire heart :biggrin: And her joy at the end, when she saw her score and that she's on the first place...she deserved so much this happy moment, and I'm hoping for many more to come because she is a jewel and such a gifted skater. :pray:

macy

Record Breaker
holy cow, she was STUNNING! so deserving of that score!! is this the first time she has beaten sasha?

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Kostornaia overtook Trusova ... now Trusova is upset, tomorrow it will be a massacre, she will skate seriously to overcome her world record.

It's kind of a foregone conclusion that Sasha will win if she does even one of her quads clean tomorrow. This is a
big victory for Alena, and she deserves to celebrate it, even if in all likelihood she won't end up first overall in the competition.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Alena was AMAZING today. Literally amazing! Wow! What a stunning performance! And 1st place!! :clap:

She‘ll likely not end up winning because Sasha will bring all her quads but it doesn‘t really matter. She looked so happy and she deserves it so much. Beating Sasha today was an important message for her: You can get high scores even if you don‘t do tons of ultra-c elements but rather focus on quality instead of quantity. It was important for her and I‘m SO happy and proud. Even if her placement will ultimately be second again tomorrow. Sasha is a tough opponent and a true fighter - she‘ll bring her A game tomorrow and nothing less. But so will Alena. What an exciting competition it will be. :luv17: :cheer:

Hello from Brazil

On the Ice
Alena' skating fading away??? Boy, it's getting better and better: the interpretation is deeper and her Lutz didn't get the ! mark