2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 135 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Well, i read that on this forum, and i found it as the most 'logical' reason indeed https://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/257278 - only a part about sponsorship deals, i never read the whole thing actually. Plushy will certainly find more sponsors/money than Eteri would. That is hardly Eteri's field of knowledge/or interest at all to be fair, and Plushy knows a lot about those things.

This was already discussed here. Gossip.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I just realized something - We prayed to the skating gods for another program announcement, and instead we got one retracted! Second year in a row we've gotten a Kostornaya long program fakeout.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
That is actually the main thing that sounds the most fishy to me. Could it really be true, as was reported in the first Instagram post, that Aliona presented Eteri with a "skaters I hate" list and an ultimatum that they would all have to be kept off the ice so that Aliona could skate by?

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that scenario. But if it were not true, then why would Eteri say that it is? :scratch2:
It wouldnt make sense if she did nit want to skate with other skaters why does she go to plushenko where she knows she will to 99,9 percent train with sasha. Mabye there are problems between the skaters? I mean we dont really know what happens in private when they are training. But its fishy that with eteri is seems she always blames the skaters. Like i mean i can understand that she feels shocked and mabye also betrayed but she is the adult here, she is an adult in her forties and no one can tell me she doesnt know exactly what she is doing, that she gives her fans the green light and basically lights the bonfire for her fans to throw the hate to the skater leaving her. Its the same every time. I mean its not funny but you can literally predict her posts when askater leaves she will blame the skater and drag the names through the mud. Sorry but i am sickenend by her at the moment. She knows what she is doing. She willfully is ok with people hating on the skater that leaves her. She willfully drags their name through the mud . Its sickening that this is actually a mature adult woman.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
The battle for the Olympics is on!:hap36:

Eteri camp: Shcherbakova, Valieva, Usacheva, Zagitova

Plushy camp: Trusova, Kostornaia, Konstantinova

Orser camp: Medvedeva

Mishin camp: Tuktamysheva

Panova camp: Sinitsyna

Outsiders camp: Tsibinova, Shulskaya

Buianova camp: ------- can't compute -------

My camp :yahoo: (aka Rukavicin's camp): Gubanova, Nugumanova, Talalaykina

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
It wouldnt make sense if she did nit want to skate with other skaters why does she go to plushenko where she knows she will to 99,9 percent train with sasha. Mabye there are problems between the skaters? I mean we dont really know what happens in private when they are training. But its fishy that with eteri is seems she always blames the skaters. Like i mean i can understand that she feels shocked and mabye also betrayed but she is the adult here, she is an adult in her forties and no one can tell me she doesnt know exactly what she is doing, that she gives her fans the green light and basically lights the bonfire for her fans to throw the hate to the skater leaving her. Its the same every time. I mean its not funny but you can literally predict her posts when askater leaves she will blame the skater and drag the names through the mud. Sorry but i am sickenend by her at the moment. She knows what she is doing. She willfully is ok with people hating on the skater that leaves her. She willfully drags their name through the mud . Its sickening that this is actually a mature adult woman.

So far at least 9 of her skaters left her for another coach. There are not many skaters who have not left her - Alina, Anna and some of the new girls.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight

Buianova camp: -------

My camp (aka Rukavicin's camp): Gubanova, Nugumanova, Talalaykina

Tarakanova too. She said she did not change the sport. The roller skates were just for practice.
Edit: You need to add Frolova too.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Buianova camp: -------

My camp :yahoo: (aka Rukavicin's camp): Gubanova, Nugumanova, Talalaykina

What about Anna Frolova , Davydov's skaters?

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
It wouldnt make sense if she did nit want to skate with other skaters why does she go to plushenko where she knows she will to 99,9 percent train with sasha. Mabye there are problems between the skaters?

Yuzu and Javi almost never shared the same ice rink. Alena and other skaters always did. Plushy academy just may have better training conditions than Eteri, in a sense that a skater can be alone on the ice, if he/she wants that. And if she/he wants that, that is their own choice.

All of this makes me wonder whether Eteri Georgienva's coaching methods are more appropriate for the 9-13 age group. She has done wonders with her youngest charges -- they are quadding from one end of the rink to the other. Maybe more flexibility is needed for dealing with older girls.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
All of this makes me wonder whether Eteri Georgienva's coaching methods are more appropriate for the 9-13 age group. She has done wonders with her youngest charges -- they are quadding from one end of the rink to the other. Maybe more flexibility is needed for dealing with older girls.
But wasnt it actually hot sergei who trainedthe quads with the younger ones and is actually the one responsible for them even having quads? And he left. Has any one learned a new quad since he left from the younger groups?

When you put it like that... other countries of the world, despair.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

Maybe you are too 'late' to be wandered about it :biggrin:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
That is actually the main thing that sounds the most fishy to me. Could it really be true, as was reported in the first Instagram post, that Aliona presented Eteri with a "skaters I hate" list and an ultimatum that they would all have to be kept off the ice so that Aliona could skate by?

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that scenario. But if it were not true, then why would Eteri say that it is? :scratch2:

I think the way you're saying it makes it sound worse than it was implied in the post.
I don't know how they organized the training sessions... was it only seniors on one sesion or juniors and seniors together o some other combination? But maybe what Aliona asked from them wasn't not to share ice with specific skaters, just less skaters; get more individual attention from the coaches.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Yeah, I think Rozanov being there changes everything, I think its clear he's the one doing the technical heavy-lifting (well at least for the Eteri-transfers). I remember saying back when Trusova moved there that this was Plushenko's big shot to up the reputation of his school, its sort of now or never. But now its *really* his shot. He has Three huge prospects - he literally just got two of the top three current ladies skaters as short term prospects and Veronika Zhilina as sort of a longer term prospect.

Rozanov does bring some confidence, you can leave the team but still keeping similar training process.

I don't think this exodus would have been possible without him cause we saw what it means leaving Eteri for more "relaxing" coaches.

Also worth noting Rozanov was credited on the improvements all these girls made on the 3A, while if you remember before he joined Sambo70, all Eteri students used to have a bad axel technique.

I'm very curious what that means for their current skaters, cause their juniors all have a big 2a and could honestly go for the triple.

Status
Not open for further replies.