2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
No. You're more informed, sure but Titova is the new Novice Russian Champion, thus she will be.

Will be what? member of a 'novice national team' that doesn't exist yet? Sport ministry has not published the lists for junior & novice teams yet.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Novice national Team doesn't exist.

Yes it does...It’s called something like 10-15 (not novice specifically) but that’s what it is. Akatieva, Usacheva etc were on it this past season.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffsrussia.ru%2Ffiles%2Fdocs%2FRUteam_1920.pdf

Scroll down to page 8. This is what I’m talking about. Then there’s the reserve team for athletes 10-15 years old further back in the doc

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
So Sofya is another Rozanov tag-along that everyone was guessing about.

Not really:

"Good evening everyone!
I would like to thank everyone who worried about Sonya Muravyova! ... lately it really has been hard! Retrained jumps, complicated and achieved stability. It is a pity that the season was cut short and ended earlier than usual.

For a long time we could not make a decision, and in the end ... so far so good ...

Eteri Georgiyevna outlined our weaknesses, which we will correct ... a big thanks to her!

Judge not by school, but by the merits of the athlete. We hope to please you with beauty and stability, complication and new programs"

"Dear listeners and fans! I want to clarify that there were no notions ..
Sonya Muravyova left Davydov Sergey Dmitriyevich, perhaps not as it should have been ..., not at the end of the season.

Leaving like this? Because the coach who used to lead his athletes and was interested in them, suddenly lost his interest ..., strange, insulting, okay .. there was a lot of good and bad, as in life ...

Thanks to him for many years of work!"

chat entries by Sof'ya's mother in Ledokol live stream.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Rinks in Moscow (and elsewhere) is going to be opened for pro athletes soon. (Well, sambo 70 is open for gymnasts(alina was training there) so why not ice?)

Considering that Putin was openly unhappy about athletes not training for such long time.

They belonged to "Avantgard Olimpiets" (where Kanysheva now belongs to).

Thank you. I remember they were in Michigan for a while as well.

So will EG coach her daughter in dance or let her dance coaches do that?

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Thank you. I remember they were in Michigan for a while as well.

So will EG coach her daughter in dance or let her dance coaches do that?

I'm pretty sure she's still training in Michigan, this is just a change of the official club she is a part of in Russia. She posted a picture in Michigan about a week ago, so I doubt anything has changed.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Rinks in Moscow (and elsewhere) is going to be opened for pro athletes soon. (Well, sambo 70 is open for gymnasts(alina was training there) so why not ice?)

Considering that Putin was openly unhappy about athletes not training for such long time.

I'm pretty sure she's still training in Michigan, this is just a change of the official club she is a part of in Russia. She posted a picture in Michigan about a week ago, so I doubt anything has changed.

Thank you Happy. You are a source of information.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Just catching up on everything the last few pages.

However, I have to say that the Plushenko bashing is starting to become quite ridiculous. I‘m not a fan of the guy either but some of the accusations are just unnecessarily exaggerated.

I mean - he posts one video of Sasha and the others skipping rope and training at the academy and this is the response:

“Plyushchenko showing off his newest acquisitions: Aleksandra Trusova is now "his property",

" I, me, mine " , we will get to hear and see this every day when Plyushchenko parades his property.“

Whereas the response to TeamTutberidze‘s very own “back-on-ice“ posts is entirely positive. Rightly so, of course, I really enjoyed seeing all the skaters‘ first steps into the new season. But the amount of snark to Plushenko for a post totally similar to TeamTutberidze‘s speaks lengths to the attitude of some in this forum. I mean, there’s loads to be said about Plushenko‘s behavior on social media and some things I quite dislike myself and will point out - especially if it involves Sasha or the Zhilina sisters who have nothing to do with it. But this post was as innocent as can be - just a nice way to see the skaters start their training process again. Why not at least all try to be reasonable in our criticism? No one has to like him, but I personally think it would be fair to give him a chance, if only for Sasha‘s sake. Like it or not, she‘s training with him now. Let’s give them some time instead of being overly negative right from the very beginning...

Now, having said that, let‘s move on to some of the actual news. Good for the skaters for getting back on the ice!

I do have to say, however, that I found it a bit concerning that Sasha‘s jumping 3Lz+3Lo already on what seems to be her first day back. I know she‘s a tough cookie but after such a long break one would think they‘d start more slowly.. Sasha appears to be someone who occasionally needs to be monitored and stopped or else she‘d jump all day. I hope Rozanov and the trainers at the academy will have an eye on this. I liked that Aliona and Anna seemed to take a more controlled approach (at least from what it said in their videos) - starting out with gliding and only going back to jumping about a week later. It‘s easy to get injured after such a long break, so it‘s good they‘re watching out.

Back to Sasha - since Plushenko‘s academy is very open about the training process, I hope we get to see a few videos! I‘d especially love to see the work on skating skills and artistry they promised to do!

Overall, I can‘t wait for program and music announcements from Anna, Aliona, Sasha and Alina. I‘m sure the work process on this has already started.

And I do hope the others like Liza and Kseniia get to go back to training soon. Otherwise it looks like Tutberidze‘s and Plushenko‘s skaters will be having quite the advantage..

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
So in the past season Muravyova was at CSKA with Davydov, didn't qualify for jr nationals, someone withdrew so she got called up, then showed up at jr nationals, was 9th without a coach, got into Eteri's younger group, and now she's leaving for Plush?

She's lucky she's not a big name yet cause if she was there'd be a lot of drama surrounding her. She's checklisted 3 of the 4 big "name" coaches in Moscow in one season. And the one that she didn't go to yet is the one that's usually quiet with the drama.

brakes

On the Ice
My only problem with Plushenko are those two disgusting garden hares before his residence. Comparing to them, Las Vegas' pyramids are epitome of good taste. :laugh:

Fluture

Record Breaker
So in the past season Muravyova was at CSKA with Davydov, didn't qualify for jr nationals, someone withdrew so she got called up, then showed up at jr nationals, was 9th without a coach, got into Eteri's younger group, and now she's leaving for Plush?

She's lucky she's not a big name yet cause if she was there'd be a lot of drama surrounding her. She's checklisted 3 of the 4 big "name" coaches in Moscow in one season. And the one that she didn't go to yet is the one that's usually quiet with the drama.

I only have a distant memory of her skating at Junior Nats but since she‘s 13 at most, I doubt she‘s making all these big decisions on her own. I feel sorry for her, honestly. Looks like a stressful year for a kid. All these changes, never getting used to an environment... Hopefully things will work out for her with Plushenko.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
My only problem with Plushenko are those two disgusting garden hares before his residence. Comparing to them, Las Vegas' pyramids are epitome of good taste. :laugh:

You haven't seen the garden gnomes popular here and in Bavaria :devil:

Amei

Record Breaker
Just catching up on everything the last few pages.
Now, having said that, let‘s move on to some of the actual news. Good for the skaters for getting back on the ice!

I do have to say, however, that I found it a bit concerning that Sasha‘s jumping 3Lz+3Lo already on what seems to be her first day back. I know she‘s a tough cookie but after such a long break one would think they‘d start more slowly.. Sasha appears to be someone who occasionally needs to be monitored and stopped or else she‘d jump all day. I hope Rozanov and the trainers at the academy will have an eye on this.

Its been said in past interviews that all she wants to do is jump; some of the interviews that have come out post break-up from Eteri's group was that they were trying to get her to scale back the jumps and she was unhappy with that.

I liked that Aliona and Anna seemed to take a more controlled approach (at least from what it said in their videos) - starting out with gliding and only going back to jumping about a week later. It‘s easy to get injured after such a long break, so it‘s good they‘re watching out.

Both Kostornaia and Shcherbakova have had to take extended breaks to heal from injuries prior to this, so they are more well-versed in what they need to do when getting on ice for the first time to be smart about getting back into training.

Overall, I can‘t wait for program and music announcements from Anna, Aliona, Sasha and Alina. I‘m sure the work process on this has already started.

Hopefully those come very soon, everyone was home - a well-prepared coaching team and skaters should have had their music pretty much narrowed down to a few choices to where all they need to do is try some choreography on ice to figure out what they are going to go with definitively.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
I only have a distant memory of her skating at Junior Nats but since she‘s 13 at most, I doubt she‘s making all these big decisions on her own. I feel sorry for her, honestly. Looks like a stressful year for a kid. All these changes, never getting used to an environment... Hopefully things will work out for her with Plushenko.

She was alone at junior nationals, I believe she was at Sambo for a tryout and Davydov had been with Berestovskaya and Frolova who both went up right before her, but wasn't with her though he was still listed as her official coach. And then she was in Eteri's younger group for a few months and now Plushy's. That's a lot! And her parents too!

But she was first an alternate for junior nationals, but when she was called in she performed nicely and finished 9th. With Akatieva too young and Sinitsyna moving up, she and Osokina (10th) should be at test skates.

Status
Not open for further replies.