2016 Europeans Men Free Skate | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Men Free Skate

Trewyn

Medalist
I'm still somehow expecting them to say 'oh wait, something went wrong in our calculations, Amodio is actually in 3rd'. But since the foul was committed in PCS, I shouldn't hold my breath.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
If I were to score Kovtun's PCS

SS: 8.00
Transition: 8.00
Performance: 6.00
Choreo: 6.00 (Definitely NO HIGHER than 7, sorry but this is just really awfully choreographed, I can't stand the Pathetique face)
Interpretation: 6.00

After factoring= 68

Sorrento

Record Breaker

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Amodio missing silver by less than 2 points despite being objectively 2 points better than either of the people ahead of him stings. And I've never liked Amodio. The important thing to me is justice.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Congrats to Javi. Although this wasn't his best skate, he deserved it overall, the whole season considered so far. Team Orser rules for some time to come! :bow:
What an evening! Absolutely thrilled by Florent (and sad he didn't get a final medal) and Ivan. Feeling sorry for Maxim and Michal.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Does anybody understand Russian and watched Kotvun interview? I only understood a word-"adrenalin". Could you translate a bit...I saw his hard fall after the quadruple...
he had a problem with his throat, cough & all
& basically he was suffering
+The fall was VERY painful

I feel for him but still UGH

I'd be OK if he robbed someone else but a skater who competed in his swan song competition:sad4:& skated brilliantly!
Flo's medal would have been SO poetic!:sad21:

Last edited:

Procrastinator

On the Ice
Just looked at Protocols and Javi's score was mostly right on except that he got "0"s across the board for the 4T when I assumed it would be -1/-2... 198 might have been fairer but that's splitting hairs.

Icey

Record Breaker
Is Florent not going to worlds? Javier was wonderful, of course, but he won't win worlds with this kind of performance.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
Amodio missing silver by less than 2 points despite being objectively 2 points better than either of the people ahead of him stings. And I've never liked Amodio. The important thing to me is justice.

The short program has consequences, as does skating in an earlier group.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
The short program has consequences, as does skating in an earlier group.

Despite those. There's no reason Kovtun should score 5 higher PCS than in his last competition(where he didn't fall) when he spent ages after the fall skating and missing all his choreo for the time.

Well, whatever. It's not like bad judging is anything new.

Icey

Record Breaker
Just looked at Protocols and Javi's score was mostly right on except that he got "0"s across the board for the 4T when I assumed it would be -1/-2... 198 might have been fairer but that's splitting hairs.

One judge gave him a -1; two, plus 1

I sometimes wonder if all the judges understand how they are suppose to judge.

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Only managed to watch the last 4. Thought it was a bit messy skate from Javi, he was overscored but he deserved to win overall though. What is the biggest gap ever between first and second place? Javi won with over 60 points ahead :eeking: