Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1089 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Placebo11

On the Ice
I have the same question. Some people say yes and some say no :scratch2: We'll have to wait and see.
Although I think it is very possible for her to do SC and NHK.

It wouldn't make sense for Pantene to make that contest if she didn't participate.

Scott512

Record Breaker
It is rather remarkable that Zhenya is the only non-Canadian on the SOI tour and yet she fits in with the rest of the cast so well. Someone posted earlier that Zhenya seems to “bloom where she’s planted.” That’s so true.

I agree she blooms where she's planted. But to be planted in another culture and another language and then bloom there within a year is quite remarkable.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The GP assignments aren't done until the end of June. I know some of the top skaters know which events they'll get before that, but this would be pretty early for it to be for sure.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The GP assignments aren't done until the end of June. I know some of the top skaters know which events they'll get before that, but this would be pretty early for it to be for sure.

Top 3 can choose the events they go to. 1st place chooses their events, then second and the third place gets the events that are left. Maybe Alina, Elizabet and Evgenia already have decided where to go.

On that note if she is going to NHK are they usually pretty generous with scoring? I’m fully aware after this years outcomes that where you choose to skate for your assignments can have a massive impact on your standing and seasons best.

emdee

Final Flight
What an amazing show yesterday. When Zhenya did her Ariana Program she set up her chair three feet away from us. She is just stunning in person. I got some nice pics of her too but do not know how to post here.

Her Beautiful Mess program has developed and reached excellence. She is so delicate and elegant as well as passionate when she skated it. She did two jumps...could be because they were filming yesterday for TV,

A word for my favourite...Patrick. His edges are a thing of beauty. Wish she could fine tune hers. I think her skating skills have really improved as well. CSOI May have been good to her overall.

luanddu

On the Ice
What an amazing show yesterday. When Zhenya did her Ariana Program she set up her chair three feet away from us. She is just stunning in person. I got some nice pics of her too but do not know how to post here.

Her Beautiful Mess program has developed and reached excellence. She is so delicate and elegant as well as passionate when she skated it. She did two jumps...could be because they were filming yesterday for TV,

A word for my favourite...Patrick. His edges are a thing of beauty. Wish she could fine tune hers. I think her skating skills have really improved as well. CSOI May have been good to her overall.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! :thank:

luanddu

On the Ice
On that note if she is going to NHK are they usually pretty generous with scoring? I’m fully aware after this years outcomes that where you choose to skate for your assignments can have a massive impact on your standing and seasons best.

If she's actually going to NHK I'd be more worried with the competition she'll be facing there: NHK isn't usually an easy field.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
If she's actually going to NHK I'd be more worried with the competition she'll be facing there: NHK isn't usually an easy field.

True. NHK last season was a tough field. Though since the top 3 Japanese ladies finished 4-6 this year at Worlds, they will not be in the same competition next season, including NHK. My guess is that Kaori, being the national champion, will be in NHK.

In any event, kudos to Evgenia, for always choosing the road less traveled :laugh:

Wheelz

On the Ice
Looking at some of the SOI videos & photos, I think a collaboration between Zhenya & Kurt Browning would be mind-blowing. I would love to see them work together on perhaps an exhibition program. It seems like their personalities would mesh & he could teach her so much.

Fluture

Record Breaker
“We got Evgenia Medvedeva in the cast, who just placed 2nd in the Olympics last year and has been a world champion twice and fought back to be in the world podium again this year and it's her first time to be in the canadian cast. Two days ago I was shaking my head going "I'm on the ice with one of the greatest skaters ever who I've been commentating on but never thought i would ever meet and now I'm bowing with her at the end of the night".

https://mobile.twitter.com/globalha...o/iframe/twitter.min.html#1121364477562118146

Minute 2:30

Wow.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
“We got Evgenia Medvedeva in the cast, who just placed 2nd in the Olympics last year and has been a world champion twice and fought back to be in the world podium again this year and it's her first time to be in the canadian cast. Two days ago I was shaking my head going "I'm on the ice with one of the greatest skaters ever who I've been commentating on but never thought i would ever meet and now I'm bowing with her at the end of the night".

https://mobile.twitter.com/globalha...o/iframe/twitter.min.html#1121364477562118146

Minute 2:30

Wow.

There was also an interview Zhenya gave at SOI and Kurt just walked by and said "She is amazing". Zhenya just charms everyone she meets :D