Japanese Nationals | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals

Bennett

Record Breaker
I like her dress. It made her look more grown-up, lady-like. Now we know why, it's her older sister's dress -- maybe Mao should consider switching costume designer/producer, I think at 17 going on 18, it's time for her to go with a more mature look on the ice.

I also like this costume. It's very feminine and lovely. I feel that Mao may look prettier in pink, purple, red etc, rather than in black and blue. Also because Mao is skinny, she may look prettier in a fluffy costume like this.

I was wondering if Mao and Mai use the same designer. Although both girls have wonderful costumes, I agree that Mai may wear more feminine, mature-looking costumes. Although I found Mai's gala costumes for this season too revealing, her costumes for competitive programs have been very nice. Regarding maturity, I guess that they would come up with more mature costumes for Mao next season.

Regarding her performances, SP was really great and I am very happy that she finally hit the combo. I also liked LP; especially she was excellent at her steps. But I am a bit dissapointed by the changes in the last part. I had really liked the slow moves right before the double axel at the end. But she didn't have much time to do so after changes in the final spin. So far, I still like her SC performance the best in terms of the artistry.

Last edited:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
I would like to know the results of the Japanese Junior Championships 2008.
Can anybody help?

inskate

On the Ice
I would also like to know how Yuki, Kanako, Sayaka & Yuzuru will do next year... ;)

Speaking of Juniors 2007 though, here is the result page:
http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2007-2008/fs/national_jr/index.htm

The top 7 boys:
1. Mura Takahito
2. Sasaki Akio
3. Hanyu Yuzuru
4. Yoshida Yukihiro
5. Murakami Daisuke
6. ??? (I don\'t know the kanji, Saito Naoto maybe?)
7. Machida Tatsuki

(The competition also known as \"Machida, you inconsistent freak, why are you doing this to me?\" :laugh: )

The top 7 ladies:
1. Suizu Rumi
2. Nishino Yuki
3. Ishikawa Shouko
4. Muramoto Satsuki
5. Ishikawa Yuko ??? (Not sure if I read the kanji right)
6. Sato Nanoha
7. Imai Haruka

Last edited:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Thanks for the translation.

I didn´t know, that Daisuke Murakami is now starting for Japan. 2 years ago he was for the USA at the World Junior Championships (11th place).