2014-2015 GPF Ladies Free Skate 12/13 | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Ladies Free Skate 12/13

lavender

Record Breaker
Not necessarily an Ashley fan but I'm sooo happy she was able to get on that podium. I think her presentation is more complete than all the skaters in this final.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
just watched Anna, she seems in pain in the end, does she injured. I thought she maybe experience some sorta growth this season, she seems off-balance, she needs more love and support, please polish up this girl...

creaturelover

On the Ice
It was so frustrating because I don't think you should write anyone off, especially someone with her jump technique. The same people who were declaring Julia the future of the sport are now writing her off as yesterday's jam. It's ridiculous, so many things factor into how someone performed in a season, not just "The eeevil puberty monster."

I know right, just like how everyone writes of Mirai. Its so aggravating.

Just to add, though, the Spanish crowd is AMAZING!!!!!

Elaine

On the Ice
It all boils down to rotating fully those jumps for Ashley. Also a little bit of lack with the judging and technical panel, which every skater needs. I doubt she can dramatically improve the spins at this stage. It's too late. But Rafael can certainly help with jumps.

She doesn't need to improve her spins dramatically. She just dropped some points(which she did get at 2 GP events this season) on spins today. So what she needs to do on her spins is just to get the levels she used to get. Ashley usually gets level 3-4 on spins. She lost about 2 points on spins today. If she had managed to do those spins as she did at TEB and SC, she could've broken 130.

But yes... Jumps are the most important thing for her. Rotate! Rotate Ashley:cheer:

Last edited:

minze

Medalist
Congratulations to the winners. Ashley and Liza are examples of never giving up:cheer:
Yulia put this behind you and be ready for nationals
Elena figure skating would not be fun without you
Rika Hongo Japan needs a new queen, are you up for the challenge?

creaturelover

On the Ice
Agreed!

So happy for Tuktamysheva for another clean competition! :clap:

So happy for Radionova for bouncing back from the SP. :)

SOOOO happy for Wagner for nailing her 3-3 and sticking it to all the haters who said she wouldn't make the GPF let alone medal ever again.

The top 3 had very strong performances. :clap:

So many grand comebacks for the top three! :cheer: So sad for Anna and Julia though :cry:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
JuliaLip and her team really needs to go back and learn music appreciation, dance basics and interpretation and truly develop her artistry, which really cannot rely merely on "packaging", flexibility, cute face and costume .... And for the long run, aiming at become a true "total package" skater instead of a skater needs "packaging" and to be honest, I think her choreographer really is helping her in hiding her weakness in both sp and lp..... And her fans who defend her +2 GOE 2A etc. perhaps better pray that she can execute a 2A truly worthy of a +2 in the future..

andyjo24

Medalist
I know right, just like how everyone writes of Mirai. Its so aggravating.

Just to add, though, the Spanish crowd is AMAZING!!!!!

But Mirai is totally different from Liza or Kostner. Liza and Kostner both have great jumping technique, which allows them the opportunity to come back. On the other hand, Mirai's technique is very flawed. Her UR problem is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to fix.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
It is great to see Liza win the finals in Barcelona, but it is sad to witness Yulia's collapse on ice once again. I also feel happy for sweet Elena!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I'm happy happy that Ashley medaled. Good fighting 'grandma' :party2: Well deserved. Congrats also to Elizaveta and Elena. Really impressing performances from these two :bow: Liza looks so confident and cool and has done great the whole season. Shows you can come back after struggling. Watching Elena made me happy as always. Sadly some back lashes for Yulia and Anna. Let's hope they can gain new spirits. I'm sure Rika is proud of herself and I hope she has a great future together with the other Japanese skaters. All got big support from the audience, who seems to have a good time in Barcelona :)

I'd love to see more of Leonova this season. She has one of the few programs that are a stand-out for me this year.

Agree... especially if I make it to Stockholm - would love to see her Chaplin program live.

andyjo24

Medalist
I have to say, I really don't like Ashley's attitude off the ice, but her FS is very pleasing to watch. :eek::

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
:disapp: That was not a nice thing to say from them! We really do need to appreciate all these skates irrespective of their nationality!

They said that the skaters from the U.S. usually have high pcs because their skating skills are good. Nothing wrong with it although after all the ***** which one could find here with respect to the Russian skaters I feel no need to be defensive.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
So happy for Tuk and Ashley! And devastated for Julia:(( She was so sad after that, cried:cry: By the way, Russian commentators DIDN'T say anything bad about Ashley! They told that NORTH AMERICAN school of skating is traditionally strong in PCS. And Ashley is a good example to that:)