2014-2015 GPF Ladies Free Skate 12/13 | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Ladies Free Skate 12/13

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Liza was the queen of the night. Well deserved win. And I am so sad about Yulia and Anna. Was so relieved after their opening combos and then....it's not the end of the world. They will use this lesson to become stronger. Only 16.

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
Good job to Liza and Elena for winning! Great FS from them! And I’m also happy for Mishin, he trained Liza well! :dance:
Poor Yuliya, she deserved a higher score for her short program on Friday. So sad about the FS, needs to fix those boot problems that are causing so much trouble.
And LOL at posters here who can’t understand Russian trying to start drama :laugh:

andyjo24

Medalist
Wow. The 54 PCS for Rika basically was a message from the judges, saying "You're not supposed to be here." :mad: :disapp:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I want Julia on Rus team to Worlds and Euros:cry: Hope she puts this experience behind and gets back to her old self. I wish she was more confident - I'm afraid that all her problems have mental root:(

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Wow. The 54 PCS for Rika basically was a message from the judges, saying "You're not supposed to be here." :mad: :disapp:

Sad, but it's hard to watch Rika and not be disappointed that Gracie had to withdraw. Shouldn't matter, but...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Liza :bow:
Congrats reigning youth Olympic Gold medalist. Strength, character, great come back. Costume still sucks, program could be better, but it is not like you have too much competition here (Love Ashley's red dress the best)

Elena :cheer:
Pretty decent 2nd outing, knew you'd come back from the SP. finally your PCS come down to more reasonable level from last. Not feeling the new costume however, but hey whatever works. I did giggle at the 'I just won an oscar' actress tearing dramatics at the end.

Ashley
:dance:
Congrats nicole kidman. Love that fire! Get mad. Get even. Way to go with the 3F3T, tremendous! Keep up! Who knows, maybe US nationals we may get a surprise. I'd have her with higher PCS, but everyone is already over marked in PCS. Her scoring early has a calming effect on the rest of the field for skating so early. Everyone's PCS is more reasonable this event. (For the record, I still think Gold has a chance with this lot)

Anna :cry:
Cheer up... you beat... Julia!

Someone need to teach her not to act too upset before the markings are announced. Half of the act is faking it, learn from Wagner and Radionova.

Rika
Very good GP series for her. She actually scored better than at Cup of Russia, and her PCS actually dropped by 4 points, which is more in line with what I thought it should be, even at cup of Russia.

Julia :bang:
As much as it is unfortunate, i think this piece of humble pie can make her a better and stronger skater. Interestingly her 3lz3t got the highest combo of the day, better than Elena's and same as Anna's (which I disagree with). I actually thought something like Liza's FS may be better for her than this R&J. It will force her to be more expressive to the audience, and she can really improve her expressions that way with that particular sort of music which naturally fit her better anyway.

Although the Russian babies are still all over marked in PCS by 3-5, overall it was a better judged event , thanks to Ashley perhaps.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Just had time to watch the videos. I am happy for Liza and Elena. Elena looks slower & less energetic than her usual self. Might be from the sickness the rumor was about?
Not sure how much Yulia's disaster is due to her boot issues. The jumps she fell looked wrong from the take off.
Anna again looked so defeated after her fall. It happened a number of time after a jump failure, she would forget how to spin. I really want a explanation for that, because her lines are just gorgeous compared with Yulia, Elena and Liza.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to say, I really don't like Ashley's attitude off the ice, but her FS is very pleasing to watch. :eek::
I love her attitude on and off the ice. There's too much sugar and not enough spice in ladies fs.

Skatingcat

Final Flight
Anna was bleeding from her knee at the end of her short program so the fall definitely did a number on her. And she was dry heaving on the ice after her long. I hope she is okay- and also, I hope she is not battling an eating disorder- she seems so fragile. Does anyone know how she is doing because she was definitely sick.

Ashley went from last to first- that was amazing. Poor Julia- she had a terrible long program- did she deserve the score, or are the politics/judges over her.

I like that Ashley is a not pretty packaged lady with no opinions or character. I'd rather have authentic spice than artificial sugar.

Yay for Liza!

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How do you figure that since Ashley hasn't beaten Gracie since the end of the 2013 season. Gracie with a less then clean FS at NHK still would have won Bronze here.

Gracie has more natural talent but she lacks Ashley's confidence and competitive fire. Ashley is also a better performer. The stupid USFS, however, is going to bend over backwards to give Gracie the win if she skates relatively clean. But I'm not counting Ashley out. You go, girl!

whatif

Medalist
If Ashley skates like she skated today, they may feel some consistency and Gracie would not have such a cakewalk. It's a toss up really.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Gracie has more natural talent but she lacks Ashley's confidence and competitive fire. Ashley is also a better performer. The stupid USFS, however, is going to bend over backwards to give Gracie the win if she skates relatively clean. But I'm not counting Ashley out. You go, girl!

:clap:

starlight97

Final Flight
Anna looked ill. I think she was sick

I really hope she was 'just' sick today!
Cause if she wasn't then there is something scary going on with her.
The way she looks like somebody stabbed a knife into her after every time she falls, the way she almost couldn't breathe after her skate, the fact that she was so dizzy that she nearly fell down In the K&C and especially the fact that she was in such tears and her coach was again so icy,
are scary to me!

I really really hope this is not a long term condition, mentally or physically, but just a momentary sickness like the flu. And that she and her coach had a really bad fight that caused this women to act so unsympathetic....

peg

Medalist
I haven't had a chance to watch yet, but looking at the results, I'm so happy for Liza!!! And a PB in the FS and total score! Yay! :cheer:

Also really thrilled for Ashley. So many people counted her out and then she had that weak SP. Good for her for showing everyone what she can still do. Granted, a coule f the Russians left the door open, but she also did her job and skated well. :clap:

I feel sad for Julia :cry:

whatif

Medalist
Anna's coach looks always like that. It's also perhaps a cultural thing, not everyone has Canadian smiles readily available?