2024 European Championships Women's Free Skate | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Women's Free Skate

Country
Norway
I really have to stop with this stupid mistakes, I believed that you got more points if you didn't make the FP
I apologize again, and all the better for Romanian girls!
It´s really not easy with how the points are counted :biggrin: You see I thought Finland lost a spot.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
A very well skated event particularly the final group. Even without the Russian ladies the field remained very relevant and way higher than last year.
I might be in a minority here but I think there is no question regarding the winner today. Loena skated with speed, attack, quality on almost everything particularly spins. She is way above the field overall as a skater. Gubanova rightfully second. Second best SS, clean jumps, need to work on stamina in the second half. Nina looked very strong technically on first sight but she falls short on speed and quality compared to top 2. Just IMO

Country
Norway
French federation announced after french championships in december that Lea Serna would be the one for 2024 world championships, I wonder if today's result from Lorine could change their mind..?
I think it seams fair they get one each since they both have good placement this season. It doesn´t really matter who of them would go. It´s not likely any of them will place top 10 so then I say let them have one each.

Lorine is consistent but also her jumps will get calls.

Skating91

Medalist
I haven't read anything just going to give my thoughts.

Really satisfying event in the end. The top 4 skated very well more so 2nd to 4th who skated close to their maximum.

I'm kind of shocked that Gubanova got on the podium. What could they do to her though she didn't make a major error, no interruptions to the program, I loved the fist pump after the last jump knowing she's on the podium much like Adam's defiant somersault knowing gold was his.

What a champion knowing what she's up against, I said she would have to perfect and she was as close as she'll get.

I thought Gubanova was incredible then Nina came along. How they scored Nina's jumps was a disgrace. The landings were absolutely no worse than Loena's. Then they destroyed her for components.

I thought Kaiser was amazing as well, and 60 for components was an insult.

I thought Loena deserved to win by the smallest of margins, but maybe I got caught up in the hype as well because the reality is most of the jump were underrotated (and no worse than Nastia or Nina).

Loena's opening combo the lutz had a not clear edge and close to being on the q then the 3T definitely on the q. Instead judges are throwing +2 and +3 at it. Gubanova with a perfect opening combo got similar GOE to Loena's terrible combo.

Then her 2A was close to being on the q instead mainly +3 (even Kaori gets only +4 for the best 2A in history, second lutz in the combo had a not clear edge and on the q not called of course +2 and +3 from the judges. This was no better than Gubanova or Nina's that were given a q.

They did hit her with an < for her 3F in the combo I thought it should have just be a q.

This is not Loena's fault, and I have no problem with her winning, but I think Nina could have easily won that if there was no bias.

Last edited:

Skating91

Medalist
She needs Loena's speed and attack, that's the reason why her jumps are on Q and her components are the way they are...

Nina's landings were no worse than Loena's.

Loena had at least four jumps that could be given a q as well.

Instead she's given sky high GOE on all these jumps.

Skating91

Medalist
Seriously Ninas TES was almost 75 before the review and down to 68.40, some hell of some q they found... Waiting for the protocols!

And the landings were no worse in fact the landings were better than Loena's.

Both her lutz combos should have got a q on at least one of the jumps and at the very least a not clear edge call.

This would be called corruption in any other sport.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That's why it's called the Giorgian Federation (sorry, couldn't resist)

giphy.gif
Nothing like a loving and supportive coach who is understanding. Hi Maria! Glad you found a job!

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Nina's landings were no worse than Loena's.

Loena had at least four jumps that could be given a q as well.

Instead she's given sky high GOE on all these jumps.
In reel time their landings are looking very differently - in reel time Tech panel have a reason to review Nina's jumps, when more of Loena's jumps were looking fine for a first glimpse. That's why, as i said, speed and attack matter. Figure skating is not a sport based on a slow mo reviews, but mostly on the things which are happening in reel time.

Last edited: