2014-2015 JGPF Ladies Free Skate 12/12 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 JGPF Ladies Free Skate 12/12

mermaid

On the Ice
Country
Belarus
From what I could hear she was talking about her skating in the second half of the program and said something inappropriate while actually describing her own skating :laugh: Something along the lines of "I was like "I don't give a cr..p anymore"". She even apologised to the camera after Eteri pointed it out :laugh: You can't hear it very well though, so hopefully she gets away with it.

As I heard Eteri told her: You fought. What was wrong with your legs (at the end of the program)?
Evgenia said: I was going so fast thinking "I'm not gonna sh*t it (meaning lose it)
Eteri: Don't. There's the camera.
Evgenia to the camera: Sorry.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good rules IMO... but I do have to wonder if Yulia would have been prepared for the Olympics if she had only done one senior GP.

I hadn't heard the 2nd rule... if you happen to come back to this thread, do you have a link detailing the rule about JWC and skating in the senior GP?

I usually don't cite Wiki but in this case it's simple and accurate. Look at the season notes.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_figure_skating_season

Beginning in the 2014–15 season, the age minimum for senior Grand Prix and senior B events increased from 14 to 15 to match the minimum age for ISU Championship events.

On a side note I love that Zhenia has a sailors mouth :laugh:

MIM

Medalist
One quick observation! I saw evgenia's 3f-3t where she only did tano for the 3f and the 3t had much more height and flow. Eteri might insist a tano jump in order to have the girls learn the solid technique and strength just like running with ankle weights. From what I see, tano jump is harder to master because of timing and rotation. As the girls go through puberty, they can loose tano but do not need to ruin the jump itself. Just my speculation;)

Last edited:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Way to go Wakaba!! :cheer: Can't wait to see her at WJC!!

Glad her SS are being recognized, she has incredible skating quality. The other PCS though. Solely lost 2nd in the LP due to PCS scores.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
So impressed by these Junior Ladies! I can only hope to see half their technical content in the Senior ladies. I mean, every one of the top 5 landed a 3F+3T or 3Z+3T, and some large secondary combination (2A+3T/3Z+3T/3Z-half loop-3S). :clap:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Good rules IMO... but I do have to wonder if Yulia would have been prepared for the Olympics if she had only done one senior GP.

Ugh the grumpy-cat in me wanted them to revert the rule, just so I won't have to reminded forever and ever that Miss TL is the youngest oly champ evah! every freaking time she's introduced. It was tolerable before she somehow became guest judge for SYTYCD and other shows for no apparent reason. I'm like, lady, you're lucky you got the grandfather clause; and now the rule was changed so your damn record will never be broken. Evah! /grumps

But the realist in me knows it's better for these young kids.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm really happy for Evgenia. She's my favorite of this crop of Russian girls. I just remember so many people on the forums trashed her last year as being the weakest of the Russian juniors...I never agreed with that. I actually thought she was one of the strongest. Well, I'm glad she proved everyone wrong :cheer2: Her tano jumps don't bother me so much b/c they are executed cleanly (nice air position, easy upright landings). I enjoyed her. :)

I really like Serafima's speed and power but her jumps are not pretty. She's a bit wild in the air and she drops her chest on her landings and that tano feature doesn't help. Overall, her jumps were a bit sloppy in comparison to Evgenia's but she had two strong skates. She'll need to work on maxing her levels. And that layback needs a lot of work. Her main position is nice and fast but it travels all over the place and that Biellmann is atrocious. I can't believe that spin got so many +2s and even +3s in the SP. :unsure:

Wakaba! I watched her nail her FS to win junior nationals a few days ago and I was so happy to see her nail that FS tod. I love her speed and how easy and clean her jumps are. Wakaba's jumps earn lots of GOE (she had the highest GOE total in the FS) and she performs well, albeit sporadically (she goes in and out of performing). If she can work on improving those spins then she'll be in business! Very happy to see her land on the podium.

Yuka was lovely too. Both she and Wakaba are exactly what Japan is going to need this quad in order to contend with the Russians.

Very good competition here. Can't wait for the senior ladies tomorrow!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
These girls have been fun to watch all season. I really wish Elisabet Turzynnbaeva would have made it to GPF and I wanted Yuka to podium but Wakaba has such a good FS and she is fun to watch so I'm cool with that. I'm looking forward to JWC.

i would love to see her on jgpf too, she is great and her programs i really love :love: her FP fits her like a glove, also she was always on the podium this year, not just jgp but other competitions as well,

sorry for being off topic , back to the girls, yay evgenia :cheer: although i dont love her fp as much as sp such a great skate that was,
tano jumps are fine but too much of them feels like desperation to me especially if it causes you bad landing, none of serefima's landing looked secure to me, she got the job done but not that pleasing
on the other hand we have looovely wakaba , dont do tano jumps but she is so sure of her jumps and landings, she got higher GEOs than some of the tano ones :clap: she has a bright future hopefully :yay:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am happy judges finally fully appreciated the beauty in Evgenia's skating:clap: And my love for her didn't come out easy: Last season I though she was boring and slow, and I was disappointed that Russia sent her for JW not Sasha.

Since the end of last season, Evgenia has been winning my heart. She skates much faster, with good edge control and ease. She deserves to be placed higher than Serafima.
I like her new dress today, though it makes her movements less robot-like than the previous costume.

katymay

Medalist
Way to go Wakaba!! :cheer: Can't wait to see her at WJC!!

Glad her SS are being recognized, she has incredible skating quality. The other PCS though. Solely lost 2nd in the LP due to PCS scores.

I thought this girl had some mad jumping skills. Spins were a bit weak, but overall, I would have scored her much higher. Huge talent IMO.

gold12345

Medalist
I thought this girl had some mad jumping skills. Spins were a bit weak, but overall, I would have scored her much higher. Huge talent IMO.

I've been really impressed by Wakaba this year. The jumps are pretty powerful and effortless looking, and she has a lovely look the ice. She spins a little like Akiko Suzuki, so she needs work there. She also needs some maturation in terms of performance because there are only brief moments throughout the LP where she tries to show some emotion and perform... The two Russians need some maturation too, but they did seem a bit more invested in performing their programs. But Wakaba is only 13, so that's to be expected. She and Medvedeva really put on a jumping clinic here, even with the small errors.

And that layback needs a lot of work. Her main position is nice and fast but it travels all over the place and that Biellmann is atrocious. I can't believe that spin got so many +2s and even +3s in the SP. :unsure:

Yeah I was surprised Serafima received a few +2s for the layback in the LP. The Biellmann position wasn't good, it was slow, and it was really traveling (likely due to the fact that she lacks flexibility and has to strain to really pull her leg up into the Biellmann). She has nice power and a decent presence on the ice, but those spins need work.

Last edited:

ks777

Record Breaker
I am so sick of Tanos... I don't think it's beautiful if you do them so many times..

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so sick of Tanos... I don't think it's beautiful if you do them so many times..

As long as they are allowed and rewarded I don't see why more people don't do them like crazy. To me it sort of is beautiful in that it kind of mocks IJS scoring. Like "oh... you wanna dock 4pts off of my edge earlier? Well this tano here and here will help counter that"

There is a girl at my rink that tano's almost everything and I think she is the bomb!!

I don't like Illusion spins because so many are just awful but whatever. Even ugly babies come from loving mothers :)

starlight97

Final Flight
Serafima seemed very off during the Free...
She changed half of her planned layout out there.
The Spanish commentators also said that she was probably thinking "No I didn't do that combo there I have to do it here now, and that one there etc".... I think that hurt her overall performance.
See didn't look happy after the music finished.

But there's just sth about her skating that I love!
To me, she kinda looks like a tiger who is about to attack, she always has this posture that makes her look really. .. I don't have a word, very 'ready to kill'.
When I watch Evgenia, Yulia or Elena I think of delicate birds or ballerinas, they are so flowing in their movements and look like they almost fly across the Ice.

Serafima on the other hand looks less like a graceful ballerina and more like an athlete. Very powerful with deep contact into the ice, not over it, if that makes sense.
Reminds me a bit of Sotnikova, not overly graceful and gently but powerful.
I love all of my 3 ballerinas but it's great to have someone like Serafima as well :clap:

Last edited:

ordinary person

On the Ice
My dear god, yes i managed to survive the tacky horrendous highly obscene costumes on these children.:disapp:
I can see this sport is still corrupted after the olympics.Wakaba was just superior despite the lack of spins, she probably has a reason for that.
It should have been:

1.Wakaba
2.Evgenia
3.Serafima